2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she would get some of his retirement funds, would those be available now?

If you take out retirement funds, there are rules for that. I know that there are penalties for early withdrawal and then there are the income taxes that one has to pay on that.

She will have to have an attorney for the divorce and it will have to be a darn good one.

Then if she has criminal charges, those will be sky high.

I imagine her parents might mortgage their home for her, but that will leave them in a hum if say the father dies and the mother is left to pay the mortgage.

I wonder where Terri will get the money.

With what money? I'm sure Kaine's not offering to pay. I think LE should get her out as I suggested above, give her the addresses and phone numbers of a couple of homeless shelters just as they'd do for any homeless person they encountered, and then leave her on own to find housing. Maybe one of her sketchy friends or relatives will take her in. Shouldn't be Kaine's problem.

And July 22 for a court hearing on this? That's nearly a month from when he had to move out for his own and he baby's safety, on LE's advice! Get her out now, and let her try to convince the court on July 22 that she should be allowed to move back in.

I don't know her relatives or friends and I won't call them "sketchy." I imagine they're like most of us....afraid, sad, and worried. Her parents are in an unenviable position and I'm sure they're sick over this. All of that being said, I don't think TH will be homeless.

I suspect Kaine and baby will have protection. I think the observation regarding her attorney is an interesting one-apparently they will not be playing their side out in the media.

I think Kaine and Desiree's movements are being orchestrated by the FBI to the extent that they are giving interviews and what they are saying...JMO. I think the divorce filing and the notice to vacate are par for the course-If I were TH I would not be staying there any longer anyway.

Her attorney is a quiet fellow. He wouldn't necessarily make a public announcement if he'd decided to stop being her attorney.

Her options for other housing are presumably quite limited at the moment. Even if she's still got a friend or relative who's inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt, those people also have spouses, children, neighbors, etc, to consider. And it's not just the prospect of having a someone move into your home is clearly believed by many rational people, including LE and her own husband, to have abducted and harmed/killed her own stepchild and tried to hire someone to murder her husband, but also the prospect of having the media camped out in front of your home. Nope, I really doubt she's got any invitations. And I'm sure Kaine has cleared any money out of joint accounts and isn't sending any of his paychecks her way.

She does, of course, have the jail option . . .

OMG... This has turned into a soap-opera... I thought Kaine did not want attention drawn away from Kyron being missing..!! Is regaining his house more important than the focus on his missing son..!!! This sickens me anymore... Scheduled press meetings on scheduled days and they read from their own written statements and only allow the press they want in.. Responding on an E-mail to only the questions they want to answer.. It took them 2 weeks to get it together to hold the first PC. Before that, It was an emotional LE pleading for his safe return.. Kudos to him... :p

WAKE UP CALL..!!! ...Where is Kyron..!!!!! Have we lost site of him...?? :( :( :( :(

I'm just looking out for the best interest of a little boy who needs our help.!!!
We know he is definatly not with Terri right now.. So where the hell is he??? :(
He HAS to think of BOTH of his children. His daughter K deserves to be in her home in her room where SHE feels safe and where she knows as her home.

She will have to have an attorney for the divorce and it will have to be a darn good one.

I'm trying to picture a "darn good" divorce attorney who would even return a phone call from her at this point, much less agree to represent her. Can't see it . . .

Well I think she should just move away with her parents...she will probably be glad to get out Portland about now, and it is up to LE to make a legal move to prevent her from doing so. She may be relieved...maybe she wants to flee and go back home with her folks, but did not dare, knowing how it would look. If she feels she has told LE all she can (and she may be telling the truth about Kyron, for all we know) then all of this must be very stressful and I would be wanting to go home with my mommy and daddy about now, if she can't see her children anyway.

There's a pesky little obstacle to the idea of moving in with her parents. The restraining order prevents her from doing so, because her teenage son is currently living with them, and she's not allowed to have contact with him. While I wouldn't put it past her to ask them to kick him out so she could move in, I don't imagine they'd go for that. And if she's still got a lawyer representing her, presumably he'd point out to her that this wouldn't exactly add credibility to her claim to be a loving mother.

There's a pesky little obstacle to the idea of moving in with her parents. The restraining order prevents her from doing so, because her teenage son is currently living with them, and she's not allowed to have contact with him. While I wouldn't put it past her to ask them to kick him out so she could move in, I don't imagine they'd go for that. And if she's still got a lawyer representing her, presumably he'd point out to her that this wouldn't exactly add credibility to her claim to be a loving mother.

BBM

I thought her son was living with one of his fathers ... his bio dad? Or the one who legally adopted him? I cannot remember.

ETA
He did initially go to live with his grandparents.

I also think that KH filed this because he forgot to check the box on the RO paperwork where it says he wants her to move out. He did check the one that said he owns the house alone.

That may not have been an oversight. At the time that paperwork was being filled out, LE would have still been in the process of planning the sting operation, and they presumably wanted her at the house for that, what with it involving the landscaper and all, plus they probably wanted the landscaper to be able to find her alone to try to get her to talk, and anyplace she could have moved to in a hurry would likely have been with friends or relatives. They probably didn't have full control over the timing of the sting, since TH was/is still free to come and go as she pleases.

OMG... This has turned into a soap-opera... I thought Kaine did not want attention drawn away from Kyron being missing..!! Is regaining his house more important than the focus on his missing son..!!! This sickens me anymore... Scheduled press meetings on scheduled days and they read from their own written statements and only allow the press they want in.. Responding on an E-mail to only the questions they want to answer.. It took them 2 weeks to get it together to hold the first PC. Before that, It was an emotional LE pleading for his safe return.. Kudos to him... :p

WAKE UP CALL..!!! ...Where is Kyron..!!!!! Have we lost site of him...?? :( :( :( :(

I'm just looking out for the best interest of a little boy who needs our help.!!!
We know he is definatly not with Terri right now.. So where the hell is he??? :(
:waitasec: I thought getting the house back was all about his children, which include Kyron.

And there were no written statements in tonight's presser. There were no email answers tonight, they were live. As far as I know, no media were excluded tonight. I just don't understand. After tonight, I have NO DOUBT that both of Kyron's parents are focused 100% on him..and more.

I wonder if LE thinks she might damage the house in retaliation and they can arrest her for that.

I'm sure she's very capable of not just damaging it, but completely destroying it. Which is amonog the reasons I think they should just get her out of there immediately, by using Kaine's right to be there plus the RO which prohibits her from contact with him or the baby. If she gets an order to move out, or even thinks now that such an order is surely forthcoming, I wouldn't put it past her at all to torch the place. And it's a small house, set way back from the road. It could be completely gone before anyone noticed and called the fire department, and fire trucks got all the way out there.

She probably could keep it either way. The courts won't take your only mode of transportation away here. The public transit system in Portland is better than anywhere else in Oregon, but it isn't like NYC either. You need a car around here.

That the car was a "gift" doesn't mean it wasn't financed. The courts might not take away someone's only mode of transportation, but the repo man sure will.

I was just thinking...I hope Terri has left Kyron's room alone. That would just be the ultimate travesty, if she did anything to it.

That the car was a "gift" doesn't mean it wasn't financed. The courts might not take away someone's only mode of transportation, but the repo man sure will.

I'm not sure how it works in Oregon, but in CA & NC (the only two states I've ever lived in), you have to be MONTHS behind on payments before they would repo a vehicle. Hopefully, by then, Kyron will be at home, asleep in his own bed, safe and sound.

It makes me VERY mad that Terri seemed to have accomplished her mission: she completely destroyed Kaine.

He looks completely defeated.

The older son was not listed in the RO, only the baby. And besides, he lives with his bio-dad now, not Terri's parents.

OMG... This has turned into a soap-opera... I thought Kaine did not want attention drawn away from Kyron being missing..!! Is regaining his house more important than the focus on his missing son..!!! This sickens me anymore...

Kaine isn't made of money. $90,000 a year (his reported income) isn't a whole lot, especially when supporting a stay-at-home wife who wants presents like a shiny new Mustang. He's going to be facing some serious divorce lawyer bills, and child care expenses for his baby so he can go back to work, and most likely funeral expenses for his son. And right now he's stuck paying a mortgage on the house AND paying for some safe place to live with his baby.

There's nothing he can directly do right now about finding Kyron. LE is doing everything possible already. What he can do is try to make sure his finances don't get completely wiped out, so he can provide a stable home and college education for Baby K, and in the event of a miracle, for Kyron as well.

The "focus on finding Kyron" mantra made sense for the first few days, when there was still some possibility he'd wandered off and gotten lost, or some realistic possibility that a stranger had somehow managed to abduct him from school and might be seen travelling with him or might get scared and dump him. But now? Realistically, persuading people to "focus on finding Kyron" isn't going to make one iota of difference in whether he's found or not (dead or alive). On the other hand, turning the screws on Terri, to get her to start telling the truth, is very likely to lead to Kyron (though unfortunately, probably only his body).

Kyron's younger sibling deserves to be in her own home. She deserves to have her own bed, her own room, her own toys, her own sense of security that has been greatly shaken this past month. That home is owned by her Daddy who now has sole custody of her.

I don't have a problem at all with making TH leave. Kyron and his little sister take slot number one over TH.

She's a grown woman, she lived 30 some odd years without the support of Kaine. She can do it again.

Sorry to sound so blunt but that is my personal opinion.

I don't know her relatives or friends and I won't call them "sketchy." I imagine they're like most of us....afraid, sad, and worried. Her parents are in an unenviable position and I'm sure they're sick over this. All of that being said, I don't think TH will be homeless.

The unsketchy ones aren't likely to let her move in with them under the present circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06