2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there *is* an arrest of TH, I wonder how LE will go about it? It could be done "relatively" quietly at night, although who knows how many news media folks are "camped out" somewhere near the Horman house? It could be done in the bright light of day with continuing coverage on local stations. I *do* think if there is an arrest in the works it will happen soon. To just leave things as they are with all the news today re KH staying elsewhere with the baby, filing for a divorce *and* getting an RO, IMO creates increased risk for additional tragic and sad scenarios to transpire. Also, if TH is arrested, I would think LE would have to be very careful about her safety in jail.

JMO and wondering...

I'm not trying to crucify any one and I never have.I just have from day one found both of thier behavior very strange in a missing persons case,especially of thier own son little Kyron.But I have never crucified anyone and I do not feel people should do that.I do honestly feel both of them should be looked at and I have from day one.

and you think LE Just skipped over him?

Ever since this news broke today, my mind immediately went to the fact that "Kaine has moved out with his/their 18 mos old daughter". He filed for divorce, put a restraining order on Terri, physically has their daughter, and so on. Kaine & Desiree were interviewed, they stood/sat together, we could all see they were in agreement with one another during the questioning, both showing deep despair. A statement is released authorised by Desiree, Kaine & Tony, obviously omitting Terri.

The big question is: Did something happen in that house?

IMO, Terri doesn't work (subs once in awhile & volunteers to read to the younger students at Skyline), Kaine does work a full time job, so obviously Kaine pays the mortgage. Kaine can afford the mortgage, daycare, food, etc. Terri could have moved in with her parents, afterall it was sure ok for her son to move in with them a few months ago before he eventually moved in with his bio dad... So, why couldn't Terri just move in with her parents & Kaine stay in the House with the baby?

I thought that, too, but I think they want her to stay in Multnomah county for what may be obvious reasons. To answer more questions or maybe an arrest?

I'm not trying to crucify any one and I never have.I just have from day one found both of thier behavior very strange in a missing persons case,especially of thier own son little Kyron.But I have never crucified anyone and I do not feel people should do that.I do honestly feel both of them should be looked at and I have from day one.

Well, as another adult living in the house with TH, Kaine may have noticed discrepancies in her story even before LE did. His odd behavior at the pressers may have come from his growing sense that TH had something to do with the whole affair, yet without proof, he had to stand up there with her anyway. MOO

Have you ever attempted to retain a criminal attorney? This woman doesn't have a job. Her assets are not really hers to sell/dump. So long as she's not charged with anything, she doesn't have access to a court appointed attorney. She is in trouble. Maybe her parents have money.

jmho...but in a high-profile case like this I would think defense counsel would be crawling out of the woodwork

I'm sure you did. I guess I missed it - sorry. back to lurking

Don't let it get you down, Laini - when the thread's moving fast and is already this long, no one can be expected to know every detail of every post, etc. Don't feel like you have to have everything memorized to post your own opinion.

I wonder if one of those offers is from Jose Baez (Casey Anthony case)...I wouldn't be surprised...and I would so advise her NOT to take it!

Don't worry Aedrys! He barely passed the Fla Bar (he was 2nd to last in his graduating class I believe), and there is no doubt he would not be able to practice in Oregon!

I am surprised she doesn't have an attorney by now, however. She definitely needs one!

Kyron's family — minus one — reinforces cooperation in investigation
Stepmother was not included in unusual statement released Monday
By Jennifer Anderson

The Portland Tribune, Jun 28, 2010, Updated 34 minutes ago

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kaine Horman is the missing second-grader’s father; Desiree is Kyron’s birth mother who lives in Medford with her husband, Tony Young. It’s unclear why Terri Horman is not part of the family’s statement.

Fox 12 reported Monday afternoon that Kaine Horman had moved out of the family’s Northwest Portland home and had taken his and Terri’s 18-month-old daughter with him. Terri Horman is apparently still living in the house with her father, who came to Portland to help his daughter, according to Fox 12.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=127778353185687300

Yes, that is also true. But then I wonder if this is a munchausen (sp) case, in that she did something to gain attention or recognition for herself.

If this was a Munchhausen Syndrome by Proxy situation, in which TH was attempting to cast herself in the starring role, IMO, she would have made many public appearances & would have given many media interviews by now. Attention, after all, would be the primary goal. Since she has not done so, I'm disinclined to speculate, much less conclude, that this is a Munchhausen Syndrome by Proxy situation.

jmho...but in a high-profile case like this I would think defense counsel would be crawling out of the woodwork

I know you're right, and I know that's our justice system and how it should work, etc. etc...BUT, the idea of defending someone who possibly murdered her child would make me physically sick.

Which is why I"m a teacher and not a defense attorney!

I'm sure I am showing a huge amount of ignorance here, but: if there is an RO on the SM, would that also keep SM's parents from getting the baby? (I'm trying to think of reasons why there might of been a RO even if Kaine knows she's going to be arrested.)

Great question. Im not sure but in alot of states there is "grandparents rights". They would have to take KH to court and request some visitation from the judge. They may get a few hours a week for dinner, but with this RO the judge may have it supervised dunno... IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

I'm sure you did. I guess I missed it - sorry. back to lurking

Please don't go back to lurking, everyone's thoughts and opinions are welcome and wanted here. Who cares if someone already posted what you said. I have scanned over several posts in here, and may repeat something myself. I wish posters would understand that DOES happen, and often.

Stick around, you are valuable. :)

I read on the kyron horman open discussion facebook that at 10pm on KGW (channel 8) that terri will be speaking out. can someone local watch that?

i'll admit i was probably wrong about stepmom.

but i think trying to crucify as many people as possible based on hunches is ridiculous

I feel like you I guess....I wanted so bad for him to just come home and there be some explanation for all this....I did not want to think bad of her....I guess I still hold out hope she did not do something but all this points........well it just points. I feel so very sad for this family but most of all for little Kyron.

IIRC Tony is LE?
He would have friends in LE and get info quicker than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06