2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two retired school teachers.... doubtful.

LOL

Sorry this is O/T....but you just never know. Recently in our area, two retired teachers gave around 4 million dollars to a local university! They had lived frugally and made GREAT investments---and must have been very intelligent as well as generous.

jmoo

The family released all those pictures (130 or so) and there was Kaine, Tony, Desiree, but not Terri in any of them.
I tend to think in pictures, and that told me a story.

I was still surprised by the divorce news. I would have thought Kaine would hold off so the focus wouldn't go even farther away from Kyron.

Someone pointed out that Terrie took most of the pictures and that's why she wasn't in very many.

I'm surprised Kaine filed for divorce as well.

However, if I were married to someone and they said they dropped my child off at school but it really couldn't be substantiated, and I came to believe they had murdered my child, I would want to be divorced from that person yesterday.

Had Kaine simply filed for a restraining order, we would all be wondering why he hadn't filed for a divorce too and why he would want to remain married to such a horrible person, if Terrie was such a danger to the baby.

Don't worry Aedrys! He barely passed the Fla Bar (he was 2nd to last in his graduating class I believe), and there is no doubt he would not be able to practice in Oregon!

I am surprised she doesn't have an attorney by now, however. She definitely needs one!

Good point! I hadn't thought of that. I just hope she has a decent attorney. One circus of case for the past two years is more than enough for me.

And now I need to shower and go to bed because it's almost midnight! I still think an arrest is coming soon...

:dance: Holy cow, haven't logged on in a few hours and this is the first thread I see and I about lept out of my chair. Something with this whole case has been hinky since day 1. SM not promoting her stepson missing on her FB, not being ruled out as POI, going to the gym. I don't care if she was or wasn't involved not appropriate when your stepson you claim to have raised has been missing, 31 days to report your daughter missing anyone? And the fact that Kaine has daughter with him and left their own house and filed restraining order, OMG speaks volumes. I am all for whoever took Kyron to be caught and punished. But something has been weird with this whole situation since day 1, Kaine has never come out and plead innocene of Terri, he didn't even know about her FB postings. You can't just move in with your best friends husband and child while she is getting treatment for an illness in Canada take over as mom and wife and expect everything to turn out in your favor :crazy: Ok, done ranting just had to get my :twocents: in

Why would anyone file for divorce in the middle of this tragedy? Out of rage? Out of a 'get even' attitude? To complete what was started months ago? A crumbling marriage? To remove his daughter?

For me, I would be so exhausted, filled with pain, grieving, that divorce would not be something I could tackle mentally, emotionally, or physically. moo mho and all that stuff.

I have to think he's been given this advice. Also, he must agree with the need to push away as soon as possible. He needs to cut her off from the baby, for the baby's safety. And just think of that SAR - all under false pretenses... He has a list of to-dos from his counsel, he's doing them.

I dunno for sure, but, I'm thinking LE has their suspect.

This doesn't feel like another pressure tactic to me...not with the taking of her precious little girl out from under her. It feels like the end of the road for Terri.

What time is it in Portland right now anyone??
Hi Luna, Just wondering why everyone is looking at the clock? I just went out on the deck to have a ciggie and listen for heli's to no avail.

I think it would have been possible, in this case, for Kaine to have filed a restraining order and taken his child away without filing for divorce right now...he could have asked for a legal separation or just moved out for a while. So either something very dreadful and convincing came to light this weekend, and he is not concerned with what effect this might have on the focus of this case right now, or could it be that his own legal situation might be better later on if shown he filed for divorce so early into the case? Meaning that if he knew something for a number of weeks now and only just told LE?

We don't know why the divorce action was filed, if it was. I still, for some reason beyond my comprehension, want to think it is unrelated...but then again, how could it be? And why would he do this now, if not related? He could have just gone to stay elsewhere with the child, without filing for a divorce. He has to know how this looks to the public, as far as guilt, etc...so does that mean he does not care? That is what he wanted? I know it is not our business, but he knew it would be big news. I am just so baffled and astonished tonight.

The restraining order is because he believes that she may be suicidal. That is why it is for both him and their child. As far as the divorce - he caught her in a lie or a final straw broke the camels back. I do think it is related though and he suspects now that she did something - though we can only speculate as to what.

Ok, it's almost 1 in the morning here, and so I"m giving myself a self-imposed timeout! My eyes are crossing ;)

Praying, before I go to sleep, that Kyron will be back in his bed soon, safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by laini View Post
Question for anyone - wouldn't you have to have darn good reason legally to not only get a restraining order, but to TAKE HER CHILD FROM HER? Otherwise lots of parents would grab the chld and get a restraining order after a fight or for revenge. To me the huge and shocking thing is he took her daughter! I would die if my S.O. took my child and got a restraining order for whatever reason. Any thoughts on this? Isn't that kind of rare for a dad to take a baby from mom and get a restraining order just like that?
~Respectfully snipped~
. I am not sure how much this varies from state to state, but what you stated would/could happen for reasons such as a fight or revenge. is MOST DEFINITELY the case. I have a family member right at this very moment that is in the nightmare that you just described would be your fear. Because of one of the spouses cheating and wanting out of the marriage(and the other trying so desperately to make it work for the sake of their precious 1yr old daughter&just kept hoping things would get better)well you better believe there are such B@#*hs that would out of pure selfishness ruin ppls lives by doing this exact thing! Taking the child and FILING COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS OF ABUSE to be awarded RO for both her and daughter. He was removed from the home(HIS HOME HE BOUGHT&PAID MORTGAGE&ALL BILLS&THEN COURT ORDERED TO CONT. TO PAY ALL BILLS THRU OUT THIS NIGHTMARE), allowed to pack 1 overnight bag of just clothing(might I add while PO's stood over him watching his every move as if he was an abusive monster, all the while this grown, 6ft 6in man bawling like a baby on his knees in his daughter's nursery). I was there and I personally witnessed it all and have witnessed the HELL this man(my beloved brother-n-law) has lived thru going thru the legal wranglings of having to prove himself innocent of FRAUDULENT abuse charges(which I'll add JUST happened, proving her claims fraud&hIs innocence of any abuse EVER and it has been 11mos since the day he has last got to hold his precious daughter) So, now that he's proved himself innocent, they are now saying, well, you are a stranger to your 23 month old daughter since you've not been in her life for the past 11mos, so the nightmare continues, as he now has to start very, very slowly with re aquainting himself with his OWN DAUGHTER!!! (All the while this individual that selfishly, singlehandedly has done ALL OF THIS DAMAGE still has full custody[for now] and has been shacked up with 2 different men with this man's precious daughter in tow)... Am sorry to ramble on, but when you say you fear the "what if it was allowed for spouses to just take their child and leave", well its not just a fear, its a REALITY.

baez wants to know where terri was june 15/16 2008....

Okay, I should not be laughing right now, but that made me laugh...mostly because it's possibly true! Although I'd add Cindy is probably wondering the same thing too...

Back on topic, now. Such a sad turn of events here. And now I'm not laughing. *Sigh*

I read on the kyron horman open discussion facebook that at 10pm on KGW (channel 8) that terri will be speaking out. can someone local watch that?

I'm reading that and there is a thread suggesting TH was posting under a certain username re the case...it's interesting to say the least:waitasec:

The judge granted the restraining order quick, is that normal, I thought there had to be a court date.. Why would a judge issue a restrainng order so fast?

Would the same judge have been involved in a probable cause for arrest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro