2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure about that because the supersecret RO did not stay that way for long having been shown to outsiders and I think the media would have noticed that Kaine moved out with the baby and started digging. IIRC there were rumors about them the weekend he moved out as it was, before the filing for divorce came out.

There were calls on the police scanner from Terri, so of course, the media would know about it. (the sting with the landscaper on June 26) and Terri calling abot a custody issue.

I wanted to put this on the $350,000 Retainer thread, but it is now closed. I thought this was interesting.

One possibility that’s been suggested is that Terri Moulton Horman’s parents, Larry and Carol Moulton, may have taken out an additional mortgage on their $175,500 house in Roseburg. Terri Moulton Horman moved into that house with her parents around July 16.

But according to the Douglas County Assessor’s Office on Wednesday, the last time the Moultons refinanced their home was in 2008.
ww_dingbat.png

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

I wanted to put this on the $350,000 Retainer thread, but it is now closed. I thought this was interesting.

One possibility that’s been suggested is that Terri Moulton Horman’s parents, Larry and Carol Moulton, may have taken out an additional mortgage on their $175,500 house in Roseburg. Terri Moulton Horman moved into that house with her parents around July 16.

But according to the Douglas County Assessor’s Office on Wednesday, the last time the Moultons refinanced their home was in 2008.
ww_dingbat.png

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

It takes a little time for a new mortgage deed to be recorded and on the county's records. It can take a month or two. They might have re-financed, and it just isn't in the public records yet. And then again, maybe she got the money someplace else. That is what Kaine wants to find out.

Some of us have been discussing what innocent reasons there could be why Terri did not challenge the order that keeps her from any contact with her baby daughter. This is a woman seemingly obsessed with her little girl.

Are there any? I thought at first that she was probably advised by her lawyer to wait it out, see what happened with Kyron, whether he was found or someone else was implicated.

But I can't really buy that. I can't think of any reason except to avoid answering any questions.

Some of us have been discussing what innocent reasons there could be why Terri did not challenge the order that keeps her from any contact with her baby daughter. This is a woman seemingly obsessed with her little girl.

Are there any? I thought at first that she was probably advised by her lawyer to wait it out, see what happened with Kyron, whether he was found or someone else was implicated.

But I can't really buy that. I can't think of any reason except to avoid answering any questions.

Well, remember she was going to kidnap her from the gym- was that verified/documented in MSM or elsewhere? This woman seems to take the law kind of lightly, IMO, and to like to take it into her own hands as well...so why fight it legally when you can find a way to ignore it, circumvent it, etc...?

I agree with you, I have thought about this alot, and I can not imagine not being able to have my children with me and would fight it, no matter what. Her (lack of) action makes me believe she has something to hide.

Thanks, Cluciano, for making this a thread. We keep getting sidetracked on other threads!!!

I've tried and tried...but can't think of reason she would not fight this if she was not guilty of something...

She has made it pretty clear she is not going to explain herself (by not explaining herself) but really, giving up your baby? I want to keep my balance on this rickety fence...:( but it is not easy.

I've tried and tried...but can't think of reason she would not fight this if she was not guilty of something...

She has made it pretty clear she is not going to explain herself (by not explaining herself) but really, giving up your baby? I want to keep my balance on this rickety fence...:( but it is not easy.

come with us to the dark side, c, i think you're ready, lol...seriously, i truly appreciate your ongoing and thoughtful consideration of all sides in this...

With all the accusations flying around, I don't think there was much of a chance of her winning if she fought it now. However - unless the police have a lot more than we've seen/heard about, I don't think they can prove that she's guilty of anything (besides possible poor judgment, at least). If this goes to court and she is found not guilty, then I would imagine she could get at least partial custody - currently I can't see her getting anything more than supervised visitation, if that. Maybe better to wait.

Her (lack of) action makes me believe she has something to hide.

Yep. And I imagine she was advised to let it go. She's ill equipped to resist internet posting but smart enough to know when to shut up and lose the "smaller" battles, smaller being relative on a purely personal and selfish level for her.

She doesn't want anything coming out in the family law court system that will bite her in the butt if she ends up having a criminal trial. That's my opinion and I'm stuck on it.

I sometimes wonder if she is doing this to protect Baby K. She may know who took Kyron and has been threatened that Baby K will be next if she says anything. That brings up the question of would you give your life up for your child. JMO

I sometimes wonder if she is doing this to protect Baby K. She may know who took Kyron and has been threatened that Baby K will be next if she says anything.

I really hope in some sense that she is that virtuous but somehow I really doubt it. It's nice to have some different perspective like that though.

I think it may be to protect the baby, because the threats of violence against Terri on the internet are horrific. If the baby was with her, and someone acted on a threat, it would put the baby in danger.

The other reason would be to avoid having a judge rule explicitly that she can not so much as see her child. This would allow her to go back, presumably after clearing herself in Kyron's disappearance, and request partial custody or visitation without that 'black mark' of a judge's explicit ruling.

It's not as if baby K is with a bad parent. Kaine is a good person, so she knows that baby K is being well taken care of right now.

If you love your child, you put aside yourself, and how much you want to see them, and think about and do what's best for them. Right now, considering the above, as well as the mess she's in the middle of, and no job, no home, etc, baby K is in the best place.

Terri may not be thinking of this as a long-term thing, but a short thing - just a few months.

Mostly, though, I think she's taking the advice of her well-reputed attorney. I'd take his advice too.

I sometimes wonder if she is doing this to protect Baby K. She may know who took Kyron and has been threatened that Baby K will be next if she says anything. That brings up the question of would you give your life up for your child. JMO

Okay, I'll go with you on this scenario... So she may know who took Kyron and has been threatened that if she "talks" baby K is next... In this scenario this "evil person" who "disappeared" Kyron has communicated with Terri to threaten to "disappear" baby K next. So, If she is fearful of such enough to give up all rights being a mommy to baby K, then I'd say the "disappearance" done by this person is not to just hold Kyron in a nice, comfortable environment, eating Capt Crunch and watching cartoons but rather "disappearing" Kyron is something much worse, much more sinister therefor is a strong enough threat for Terri to forgo mothering her very own daughter to protect baby K from the exact fate that her brother has been taken to.

Even if the case were exactly as I stated above NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would not do EVERYTHING humanly possible and that would include the fact of Terri fighting like hell COOPERATING to give every teeny, my-nute detail of this "person" to rescue the boy she has taken part raising and CERTAINLY to rid the threat completely thus baby K is no longer in danger...

It would not include Terri playing by this "secret evil persons" rules and why would no one else know of this "person" but Terri, might it be from nefarious plottings, schemings, and plannings in the recent past which of course would involve criminal type ppl(such as MFH plots).

This of course is just a scenario, just as was the scenario in the post above(***which plz note the rhetorical questions in my post were not personally directed to cj or any other post, just using cj's scenario as a jumping off point and taking it a step further to the what ifs***)

But my point is this. It seems as tho no matter what scenario we used That if followed thru with, it very much seems that they always lead back to Terri, Terri's behaviors, Terri's actions, etc. Terri seems to be the common denominator NO MATTER WHICH WAY you to try explain it away, theorize it away, etc...

All roads lead back to Terri.. why ELSE COULD THAT BE?????:waitasec:

With all the accusations flying around, I don't think there was much of a chance of her winning if she fought it now. However - unless the police have a lot more than we've seen/heard about, I don't think they can prove that she's guilty of anything (besides possible poor judgment, at least). If this goes to court and she is found not guilty, then I would imagine she could get at least partial custody - currently I can't see her getting anything more than supervised visitation, if that. Maybe better to wait.

supervised visitation is better than nothing, which is what she has now. Especially since it maintains some kind of contact with the baby and doesn't establish a status quo of 100% custody with KH.

If that were the case, you'd think she might have mentioned it to someone. Her lawyer, perhaps?

I think it may be to protect the baby, because the threats of violence against Terri on the internet are horrific. If the baby was with her, and someone acted on a threat, it would put the baby in danger.

The other reason would be to avoid having a judge rule explicitly that she can not so much as see her child. This would allow her to go back, presumably after clearing herself in Kyron's disappearance, and request partial custody or visitation without that 'black mark' of a judge's explicit ruling.

It's not as if baby K is with a bad parent. Kaine is a good person, so she knows that baby K is being well taken care of right now.

If you love your child, you put aside yourself, and how much you want to see them, and think about and do what's best for them. Right now, considering the above, as well as the mess she's in the middle of, and no job, no home, etc, baby K is in the best place.

Terri may not be thinking of this as a long-term thing, but a short thing - just a few months.

Mostly, though, I think she's taking the advice of her well-reputed attorney. I'd take his advice too.

If she is cleared, there's no judge in the world, imo, that wouldn't grant her some custody back, and be very happy to do so.

Terri must not believe that Baby K is at risk living with and being primary-cared for by her father, Kaine. Otherwise, she would do something to protect Baby K. This behavior regarding her baby speaks to me ... LOUDLY. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member