2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds right to me. Makes sense.

If she doesn't contest the divorce, as indicated by her attorney, there's no need for her to say a thing in divorce court. Forcing her to answer to this RO (the one claiming a MFH and that she was responsible for Kyron's disappearance) was his best shot at getting that.

If she doesn't contest the divorce, as indicated by her attorney, there's no need for her to say a thing in divorce court. Forcing her to answer to this RO (the one claiming a MFH and that she was responsible for Kyron's disappearance) was his best shot at getting that.

Wait, I'm confused now...I thought the RO was still in place. ?? Wouldn't that be a part of the divorce proceedings and custody issues? She could still take the 5th (if I understand what our lawyers have said here) but it will be discussed as part of the divorce right???

What about the abatement? Was that ever ruled on? Or is that was the October 7th hearing is for?

Wait, I'm confused now...I thought the RO was still in place. ?? Wouldn't that be a part of the divorce proceedings and custody issues? She could still take the 5th (if I understand what our lawyers have said here) but it will be discussed as part of the divorce right???

IMO you're absolutely correct. The contempt charge has nothing to do with the enforcement of the restraining order.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kaine_horman_drops_contempt-of.html

"Kaine Horman and his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, are set to meet in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Oct. 7 to argue over two other pending motions. "

~~~~~

Okay, so this would be the abatement and what else? The question about $$ for Houze?

I'm not sure and legal terminology baffles me, but:

"PORTLAND – Kaine Horman and his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman were granted an October 7 divorce hearing Wednesday...

...At issue were financial questions and an abatement proposal by Terri's lawyers to speed up the case. But a judge ruled the issues would all be addressed at one joint hearing on October 7. Kaine Horman wants Terri's financial information disclosed on how she was able to pay for a reported $350,000 in attorney fees."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kaine--Terri-Horman-expected-in-court-today-101470199.html

It sounds like everything will be heard on Oct 7.

Why should it be discussed as part of the divorce?

thought (moo) maybe this has something to do with MC agreeing to testify at the GJ (in other words frying the bigger fish)?

YES. Brilliant. He has not testified yet. Maybe we'll see major movement soon.

IMO you're absolutely correct. The contempt charge has nothing to do with the enforcement of the restraining order.

That wasn't my point. If she's not contesting the divorce, why would she need to utter a word in civil court?

That wasn't my point. If she's not contesting the divorce, why would she need to utter a word in civil court?

She obviously wants to dispute a few things about the divorce such as custody and financial issues because why else file for an abatement for these issues. IMO, she's not contesting the divorce from Kaine, but rather wanting to wait to settle the other issues associated with the divorce (children and money).

For determination of custody/custody arrangements of baby K?

The RO is already in effect. The deadline to contest that has passed, IIRC. That gives Kaine custody for at least a year. I don't see why Terri would be forced to answer to it in the divorce case.

Maybe this one's a little more clear:

At issue were financial questions and an abatement proposal by Terri's lawyers to speed up the case. But a judge ruled the issues would all be addressed at one joint hearing on October 7. Kaine Horman wants Terri's financial information disclosed on how she was able to pay for a reported $350,000 in attorney fees.

On September 21, a judge will issue a ruling on whether or not Terri was in contempt of court over accusations she unsealed a restraining order earlier in the summer.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine--Terri-Horman-expected-in-court-today-101470199.html

Okay, I must be tired because at first I read that as ho.

If the euphemism fits... ;)

ETA: not you, but the person under discussion. Hope that was clear!

IDK, but Terri's lawyers wanted to speed up the divorce case and now Kaine's lawyer wants to speed up the case as well.

Something must have changed somewhere?

No surprise here--just what I said from the beginning. LE had no business sharing the sexting info in the first place. They must have been horrified when Kaine used it in his divorce proceedings--making their criminal investigator a witness in his divorce. Kaine had to drop it, if HE wanted to stay on the team.

IDK, but Terri's lawyers wanted to speed up the divorce case and now Kaine's lawyer wants to speed up the case as well.

They finally agree on something - too bad it has nothing to do with finding their son. moo

It hasn't changed with Kaine, because he's wanted the divorce quickly since he filed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak