2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the purpose of the contempt motion was to protect the baby (and Kaine), but let's concentrate on the baby, from the woman who is supposed to have kidnapped or murdered Kaine's other child. You know - Kyron?

And I thought there was great fear that because she allegedly kidnapped and murdered one of Kaine's children, that there was great legitimate fear that she was going to kidnap or murder the baby too?

And I thought there was great legitimate fear that because she allegedly had this MFH plot thing going on that she might kill Kaine?

Where did all that fear and need for protection of the baby go? and of Kaine?

Kaine dropping this tells me he's no longer afraid - for himself, or for the baby. Why not? What happened to change that?

This just makes no sense.

The RO is what protects KH and baby K; that is the court order that constrains TMH from any contact with them.

KH hasn't dropped the RO itself. All he's done is drop the hearing for contempt on the grounds of releasing the contents of the RO to people not authorised to see it. Which was, actually, a different motion.

TMH was privy all along to the contents of the RO. That's the way ROs work in this country, the respondent has full knowledge of the contents of the RO. That is so that the respondent can comply with the terms of the RO.

No one in this country has to worry about living their ordinary lives, exercising their ordinary rights and suddenly being hauled off to jail due to violating a secret court order that had not been revealed to them (unlike some of the Iron Curtain countries, like the old Czechoslovakia).

I assume that KH is a rational human being and is not afraid of the entire world, only of TMH. TMH is still bound by the provisions of the RO. That isn't changed whether or not the contents of the RO are known to anyone else.

Maybe you should go back and review the press conferences and interviews. I recall them talking quite a lot about Kyron--that is how we found out his favorite color-red, that he was allergic to bees, that he liked to play with hot wheels, that he wants to be a policeman when he grows up, and on and on.

IMO, there is no way to completely separate who Kyron was, and the hinky details of his disappearance. I think we have pretty much ruled out that he just walked away to start a new life. His disappearance is inexorably linked to TMH and her strange behavior, and there is no way around that.

Thanks for expressing this, and bonus for using "inexorably"!!! lol I have a hard time with the POV expressed in the OP -- I just don't get it. I've tried to see that perspective, but can't at all. Personally, I don't see how KH and DY would think that talking about the details of Kyron's personality, likes/dislikes, etc. beyond that which has already been said, could possibly be useful since they think TH knows where he is, or at least what happened to him. And even if that weren't the case, other than talking about his phsycial appearance, speech and observable stuff like that, I don't think it makes much difference whether he likes frogs or ice cream, for example. He's already as human and sympathetic as he can be to the general public and his face is out there.

But what I REALLY don't get is the pov that EVERYTHING that's said is NOT about Kyron. The way I look at it, it is ALL about him--every little detail, comment, relationship, incident. No one would be the slightest bit interested in any of that if it didn't give some insight into what may have happened to Kyron. Maybe it's just a difference in personility or the way people process the situation. idk. jmoo

Yep. Sure is. I guess that will be dropped next since there's no imminent threat to the baby or Kaine.

BeanE, with great respect, I'm not following your reasoning.

Dropping the motion for contempt has nothing to do with the RO. The motion to seal the RO was a separate motion from the RO.

TMH has known all along exactly what was contained in the RO. She had to, she's the respondent and that's the way the legal system in this country works.

Why would KH drop the RO? There's absolutely no reason, especially since that would be tantamount to giving TMH equal rights to custody of baby K.

LOL. Maybe you should go back and review those press conferences and interviews, gwen. It does help to prevent recalling things that didn't happen. It was not Kyron's parents talking and telling us those things about Kyron.

It was LE, Shults specifically, from whom we found out that Kyron's favorite color is red, that he likes to play with hot wheels, and that he wants to be a policeman when he grows up.

It was from a written statement, published in the press, we found out - an entire month *after* he went missing - that he's allergic to bees.

I saw the Dateline segment where Desiree showed us his bedroom and talked extensively about Kyron. I saw the recorded interviews with WW and other news outlets where KH and DY talked about Kyron extensively. The parents did talk about that little boy. But there is no way they can talk about Kyron and his sudden disappearance without talking about what they suspect happened to him.

Does anyone remember how much heat Susan Powell's friends and family took for refusing to point the finger at Josh the first couple months? It looked obvious to outsiders who was responsible for her disappearance, yet the friends and family wanted to "keep the focus on Susan" and not on the alleged perp. They caught a lot of heat for that.

Here, just the opposite is happening and people are still unhappy. It seems to me that no matter WHAT KH and DY do, somebody will find a way to criticize it.

Thanks for expressing this, and bonus for using "inexorably"!!! lol I have a hard time with the POV expressed in the OP -- I just don't get it. I've tried to see that perspective, but can't at all.

Here's the OP. It's a news article. What POV do you see in it?

Kaine Horman drops contempt of court motion against Terri Moulton Horman
Published: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:12 PM
Updated: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:18 PM

Kaine Horman has voluntarily agreed to drop his motion to find his estranged wife in contempt of court stemming from the alleged sharing of a sealed restraining order.

A Sept. 21 hearing had been set on Kaine Horman's motion, which will now be cancelled.

Court records do not explain why he's dropping the motion, but Kaine Horman and his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, are set to meet in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Oct. 7 to argue over two other pending motions.

BTW, I almost did a big thud when that important fact was casually mentioned, off-handedly, quite some time after he went missing. One of my friends was allergic to bee stings. She lived next door. We kept an injector in my fridge as well as hers, just in case. I couldn't believe that the allergy was just...tossed off, later on.

Where's Kyron?

SBM

Are you certain that the word "allergy" was being used in the medical sense or was it being used in the layperson's sense?

I read a study on the BBC recently that showed that there are about three times as many people who claim to have allergies as there are people who actually have allergies.

Also, allergies vary in the intensity of the reaction. Anything from slightly increased swelling (compared to most people), a general rise in temperature of a couple degrees, etc, are irksome but far from deadly.

Because they were so casual about it, I doubt that Kyron's bee sting allergy involves anaphylactic shock (which is what the injector is to prevent). It probably involves a much milder and not life threatening reaction.

SBM

Are you certain that the word "allergy" was being used in the medical sense or was it being used in the layperson's sense?

I read a study on the BBC recently that showed that there are about three times as many people who claim to have allergies as there are people who actually have allergies.

Also, allergies vary in the intensity of the reaction. Anything from slightly increased swelling (compared to most people), a general rise in temperature of a couple degrees, etc, are irksome but far from deadly.

Because they were so casual about it, I doubt that Kyron's bee sting allergy involves anaphylactic shock (which is what the injector is to prevent). It probably involves a much milder and not life threatening reaction.

You're right! Then I have to ask - why didn't Desiree clarify her comment? OR why mention bee stings at all? What was the point? Most of us here at WS took it to mean a medical allergy, especially since it was mentioned on national TV. moo mho

IMO the bee sting mention was somehow directed at Terri because a couple of interviews later DY said that Terri had lied about something related to bee stings.

IMO the bee sting mention was somehow directed at Terri because a couple of interviews later DY said that Terri had lied about something related to bee stings.

If so, that's very petty of Desiree isn't it? Very poor use of media time! moo

Desiree may be purposefully drawing attention to a behavior that she believes Terri exhibits. This characteristic is habitual lying.

Not true...I posted this link above. Terri still can file a modification, even after thirty days.

http://www.courts.oregon.gov/OJD/do...10FAPAUpdate/Packet1/InstrucsCONTEST-9-10.pdf

If she contests it or requests a hearing regarding those issues described within your link.

The RO is in effect for a year otherwise.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT OBJECT?
If you do not ask for a contested hearing within the first 30 days after you receive the court papers, the Restraining Order will continue for one year from the date the judge signed it. It can also be renewed for one year at a time after that.

Desiree may be purposefully drawing attention to a behavior that she believes Terri exhibits. This characteristic is habitual lying.

Could be. Or Kaine, Desiree, and Tony could have just been answering a question asked by the press.

Kaine Horman, Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, and her husband, Tony Young, released a statement Thursday and written answers to selected reporter questions:

6).Is Kyron allergic to anything? He is allergic to bees

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_family_plans_reg.html

SBM

The risk is with each subsequent exposure to an allergen one can experience a more heightened (and serious) response. My youngest experienced what the doctor termed "a large local reaction" to a bee sting. (Medical euphemism to describe how her leg swelled to more than twice it's size) She was given an epi-pen to carry, as he was concerned her reaction to beestings could escalate.

After years of nursing, I developed a latex allergy. I knew it was inevitable. A friend's initial reaction (that she noticed) consisted of difficulty breathing, facial swelling, etc. Mine was more subtle in the beginning; a little itchy around the face and hands, red eyes. The hospital required proof of an allergy before they'd allow a staff person to use non-latex gloves (nitrile and other types are more expensive). So mine progressed to the point that now I develop chest tightness/wheezing, definite swelling of the face/eyes/lips, nasal congestion, etc., with an exposure. Allergist told me that even without direct exposure, the allergens (proteins) are in the ventilation system floating about and I can tell that's true. Although we all now use non-latex gloves and supplies, after a couple of back-to-back 12 hour shifts I look and sound like I have the worst head cold ever ... and I start to wheeze a little at times. Probably the scariest example I've heard of how insidious and progressive an allergy can be is the case of an OR nurse who was standing on the opposite side of the room when someone *snapped* off their latex gloves. She collapsed immediately and died on the spot.

I had a prepared response regarding allergies but didn't post when I saw the thread had been off-course and directed back on topic. I'll hold my thoughts for another time.

I had a prepared response regarding allergies but didn't post when I saw the thread had been off-course and directed back on topic. I'll hold my thoughts for another time.

Yes, I see that. Ugh. Apologies. This is so complicated it's easy to get derailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila