2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there has been a bunch of things scheduled.
1. Hearing for 3.5 hours on 11/4 starting at 1:30 pm
2. Hearing for 3 hours on 1/4/10 at 9 am
3. Hearing for 3 hours on 1/4/10 at 2 pm
4. 2 hearings on 1/5/10 same schedule as above
5. 2 hearings on 1/6/10 same schedule as above
6. 2 hearings on 1/7/10 same schedule as above

So, pretty much they will be in court all day on Jan 4, 5, 6 and 7. I really wonder what they have that will take four full days?

Thanks so much for looking it up Gwen. The one for next week is longer than I expected for housekeeping issues so I'm wondering what that is going to entail and if media is allowed at any of these! Thanks again! :blowkiss:

Terri Moulton Horman's lawyers say Kaine Horman is focused on his estranged wife's "destruction," and his most recent affidavit challenging her right to supervised parenting time with their daughter was intended only to "inflame and poison public opinion."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/kaine_horman_trying_to_destroy.html

I wonder how come the media didn't print his motion the same way they printed Rackners on Monday. Maybe it's coming? Or maybe what they quoted in the article is the extent of the motion. ??

Terri Moulton Horman's lawyers say Kaine Horman is focused on his estranged wife's "destruction," and his most recent affidavit challenging her right to supervised parenting time with their daughter was intended only to "inflame and poison public opinion."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/kaine_horman_trying_to_destroy.html

I found it interesting that they didn't refute anything in Rackner's affidavit - like they did with regard to Houze's fees a while ago. I also found it interesting that they said that even incarcerated parents get visitation with their children. I'd think they wouldn't want to open that can of worms AT ALL, not even let the public imagine that scenario, unless they know she will soon be incarcerated and they're working on a plea....
And lastly, to say that Kaine and Rackner are being unnecessarily vicious (though not necessarily lying), seems silly. When Kaine is on the stand, Houze will come out with guns blazing and try to destroy Kaine's credibility, reputation, competence, etc. How is this different?

<snipped>

I believe most of this argument has been discussed here except the admissibility of the polygraph (apologies if someone has posted about that issue here, I may have not read all the posts). I do agree with Terri's attorney's that the damage to her reputation is pretty much irreparable but this stuff doesn't stand alone in that regard, it's just the first thing her side has been able to attack. But if I were in Kaine's shoes I would probably do the same thing.

I believe most of this argument has been discussed here except the admissibility of the polygraph (apologies if someone has posted about that issue here, I may have not read all the posts). I do agree with Terri's attorney's that the damage to her reputation is pretty much irreparable but this stuff doesn't stand alone in that regard, it's just the first thing her side has been able to attack. But if I were in Kaine's shoes I would probably do the same thing.

I'd really like to read the motion myself. Can it be pulled up online?

I wonder how come the media didn't print his motion the same way they printed Rackners on Monday. Maybe it's coming? Or maybe what they quoted in the article is the extent of the motion. ??
Oh i concur. I actually did not even realize there was a motion filed! i thought this was just a response to KH's motion verbally.

I don;t want to think that TH's response is not news or thread worthy, so if we need to start a thread to discuss this motion we shoudl do that.

all's fair and all that.

I am going to create a thread and move this now. thanks and sorry.

I'm checking other news websites and I can't find it mentioned. It is an odd time for the news to be released. Could Houze have given a copy of the motion to Maxine Bernstein of the Oregonian?

I'm checking other news websites and I can't find it mentioned. It is an odd time for the news to be released. Could Houze have given a copy of the motion to Maxine Bernstein of the Oregonian?

News is released late here often because they want it to be held for our evening news and such. The Oregonian is a newspaper, so I'm not sure why they did it late too? Maybe it's when they were able to get it from the court and then uploaded etc. etc.

slightly (or maybe more than slightly) OT, but I thought this quote was apropos

Old lawyers adage--If the facts favor you, pound the facts. If the law favors you, pound the law. If neither the facts nor the law favors you...pound the table.

As I see it, Kaine is pounding the facts, and Houze/Bunch are somewhere between pounding the law and pounding the table.

oh...and preparing point II for their motion for change of venue and/or mistrial. jmoo

<snipped>

Is the public going to be making decisions about visitation and the divorce?

If not, what difference does it make to her visitation rights or divorce case?

Or do we get to vote on it?

great point...I keep forgetting she hasn't even been named as a suspect or poi yet, much less been charged. Looks like her lawyers keep forgetting that, too.

slightly (or maybe more than slightly) OT, but I thought this quote was apropos

Old lawyers adage--If the facts favor you, pound the facts. If the law favors you, pound the law. If neither the facts nor the law favors you...pound the table.

As I see it, Kaine is pounding the facts, and Houze/Bunch are somewhere between pounding the law and pounding the table.

oh...and preparing point II for their motion for change of venue and/or mistrial. jmoo
I think I'll just pound a couple beers.

Maybe Kaine's strategy is working. Houze is complaining because Terri is feeling the heat...of public opinion?

If it will help find Kyron...bring it on, Kaine!

They did it this late on a Friday afternoon because that's the typical news dump day, when you file something hoping that the public's weekend activities will trump their interest in news stories.

Anyway, in a nutshell, Houze and Bunch's filing amounts to: "Ouch. That hurt!"

I think I'll just pound a couple beers.

haha...me, too!!! Except the beer interferes with my weighing exactly 110 lbs., which I previously established by having said it in a post here several times (albeit not in sexts to mc) lol

so I'm sticking to wine :) where the heck is that motion, anyway???? Don't they know these issues can't be resolved until I've personally reviewed the moving papers?!?! lol

I really wish TH would just go into the police station and spill her guts so we could be done with this foolishness. Just do a Colonel Williams and be done. Please.

JMO

They did it this late on a Friday afternoon because that's the typical news dump day, when you file something hoping that the public's weekend activities will trump their interest in news stories.

Anyway, in a nutshell, Houze and Bunch's filing amounts to: "Ouch. That hurt!"

And "Stop being mean to my client. She's a mother, you know!"

I guess you have to ask the media that question. they are the ones that keep on publishing the info. I am but a messenger. Once the information is here, do with it what you will as the choice is all yours.

great point...I keep forgetting she hasn't even been named as a suspect or poi yet, much less been charged. Looks like her lawyers keep forgetting that, too.
Yes, her own lawyers have referred to her as clearly the target of Law Enforcement's investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur