2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
13 minutes? Why did it take the police that long to get to the home? 911 would not hang up until the police was there. Sounds to me that 911 had to work to calm someone down. IMO only

13 minutes? Why did it take the police that long to get to the home? 911 would not hang up until the police was there. Sounds to me that 911 had to work to calm someone down. IMO only

That, or they were afraid to leave the family "alone" before police could arrive.

I hate to imagine what went on in that house that night. That poor baby (and 18 mos. is old enough to be afraid, depending on what was going on....)

Desiree left Kaine when she was eight months pregnant and eventually filed a RO against him -- that is not "normal" behavior nor does it speak to him being a great guy, IMHO.

Prove this statement! Please someone!

The Oregon step-mother who was the last person to see 7-year-old Kyron Horman before his disappearance last month has lawyered up

WTH?

I swear, more and more "legitimate" news sites read like a chat-room. This gets on my nerves.

/rant

The lines have definitely blurred haven't they. For some reason the terminology "lawyered up" bugs me to no end!:sick:

Desiree left Kaine when she was eight months pregnant and eventually filed a RO against him -- that is not "normal" behavior nor does it speak to him being a great guy, IMHO.

Maybe Kaine was a jerk, we don't know. He could also be a great guy. We don't know that either.
Nobody is "perfect" and everyone has a few skeletons in their closets I bet anyone would be horrified if their secrets came out in the national or online news. I know there have been a few things in MY life I would die if it came out for all to read/see.
I don't see any point in musing whether Kaine is a decent guy or not. Right now hes a parent hurting over the loss of his child. Beyond that, nothing about him matters to me.

I may have missed some pertinent info about the 911 call, but wasn't step mom taking her second polygraph that morning? That seems like the perfect time for Kaine to pack up the baby and move out.

Perhaps when stepmom came home and found them both gone...she made some calls to family or even to him..."threatening" her own life with a gun. Maybe THAT person called 911 and the police were dispatched.

That could be described as involving "child custody."

The Oregon step-mother who was the last person to see 7-year-old Kyron Horman before his disappearance last month has lawyered up

WTH?

I swear, more and more "legitimate" news sites read like a chat-room. This gets on my nerves.

/rant

I agree: and to listen to the newscasters talk is even more irritating. There is very little "objective" reporting anymore.

I rather doubt this. As others have pointed, no former wives or girlfriends have come forward to say anything negative about him, and he seems to be on very good terms with Desiree. Also, if she'd been a victim of abuse at Kaine's hands, I'm SURE she and/or someone else would have clued in police on it by now, and if police had any reason to believe anything like that had been happening, they'd have shared what they knew with the judge who ruled on the RO request. NO WAY would the judge have barred Terri from any contact whatsoever with her baby daughter, and given Kaine (for now) exclusive control over the baby, if the judge had the slightest reason to believe Kaine had been abusing Terri. That judge knows a whole lot more than we do, including everything investigators felt he needed to know to rule on the RO, and the RO he issued speaks volumes about the resulting perceptions he has of Kaine and Terri, respectively.

I would think very badly of any woman who would come forward at this point and say anything bad about Kaine, a man suffering the loss of a child.

So, she now has an attorney....

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-horman-step-mother-hires-defense-attorney/story?id=11061509

And that first 911 call lasted 13 minutes!!!!

This is because the dispatcher - 911 operator - kept the caller on the phone until the officer arrived at the home. I've had to call 911 quite a few times and they always kept me on the phone until the officer arrived, even if it took 1/2 hour. (I live in the mountains - remote location.)

And, my calls were due to domestic violence. Other times, when there wasn't any immediate danger involved, I was simply told an officer was on their way and the call was ended by the operator.

I'm confused...maybe I missed something. I thought the RO in that case was regarding property.

In any case, if she thought Kaine was not a safe parent, she would hardly have left Kyron with him while she went to Canada, nor left him in Kaine's custody once she came back. Desiree must have thought enough of him to leave her child with him.

I'm confused...maybe I missed something. I thought the RO in that case was regarding property.

In any case, if she thought Kaine was not a safe parent, she would hardly have left Kyron with him while she went to Canada, nor left him in Kaine's custody once she came back. Desiree must have thought enough of him to leave her child with him.

This is neither here nor there, but since Kaine is Kyron's father, Desiree would not have had much choice about leaving Kyron with him, if she could not prove that he was a danger to Kyron...just saying. Not that I think he is/was.

Just because Desiree and Kaine are putting aside differences to find their lost and probably murdered son doesn't mean they like each other or get along. There are bigger fish to fry at the moment, so to speak. And, I will continued to assert that if Terri turns out to be the bad guy in all this, that doesn't make Kaine the good guy. Something about him bugs me, just as much as something about Terri bugs a lot of other people. He wasn't crying or emotional at the press conference. He went with Terri to the gym. His previous wife left him when she was 8 months pregnant and filed a RO against him. Now we've found out that Terri's son moved out because he was butting heads with Kaine.

IMHO, there's more than one way to be culpable in this situation. Just because Kaine didn't physically harm Kyron, and I don't believe he did, doesn't totally absolve him of responsibility of the events that may have led up to and caused Kyron's disappearance and possible death.

All IMHO, of course.

IF IF IF she turns out to be "the bad guy," in that she did something to cause an innocent little child to disappear, she is culpable. Period. The failures of others would pale in comparison and could not "make" a person do something like that or justify it.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106878"]Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here's the thread covering media attempts to unseal the RO, if interested. Not exactly sure why it's a separate thread, but there you have it!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108068"]TH Restricted from Possessing Firearms; Media petitions to have RO unsealed - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/97550009.html

PORTLAND, Ore. - There were not one, but two 911 calls placed from Kyron Horman's home last Saturday night, the Bureau of Emergency Communications confirmed Wednesday.

A log of the calls revealed the first report came in at 5:18 p.m. and lasted 13 minutes. Dispatchers said the caller reported threats made inside the family's home in Multnomah County.

The second 911 call was made from the home at 11:39 p.m., and was recorded by dispatchers as a child custody issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi