2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still rather surprised that a judge signed that based on that form alone, shouldn't there be something from LE stating his statements of LE's probable cause are true? Even the lawyer's letter doesn't mention LE so KH's statements are not really substantiated by anyone from what I have seen released.

Could KH's statement on the application be supported with other documentation from LE that does not have to be released to the public? If so, there could be LE information that supports KH's assertion in the petition that we are still not privy to.

I don't know if judges consider only the petition when making decisions on restraining orders - does anyone know?

I saw nothing to restrain TH from seeing her son. Did I miss it?

Yes you missed it. It's under "Parenting time". A block to check:
No parenting time
supervised parenting time
parenting time as follows {days of week}

No parenting time is checked

So Kaine owns the house? - but does not check the spot ordering Terri to leave the residence?

I'm thinking the place is bugged.

I saw nothing to restrain TH from seeing her son. Did I miss it?

I didn't see it either. But I don't think Kaine has any custodial rights to her son. Therefore, he could not put him on in this restraining order. I would assume he would have to have some type of legal custody to include her son.

No parenting time

BUT, the RO listed only the little girl, not the son.

No parenting time

But that only applies to baby K.

No parenting time

I think Trident was referring to Terri's OTHER son, from her previous marriage. Not Kyron. Trident - correct me if I'm wrong.

BUT, the RO listed only the little girl, not the son.

Isn't the son 16? I think at that age contact with his mom would be up to him. In other words, I don't know that even if Kaine did have custody that he could ban her from seeing him because of her son's age. I could be wrong, though.

And oh wow, I just had a sad thought if you guys were talking about Kyron and not TH's older son. Maybe he didn't put Kyron on there because there's no need to restrain her from Kyron. *sigh*

Good eye! It does appear to be different handwriting...

Did his attorney insert that to add some oomph to the petition?

It looks like he wrote it, IMO, but after he had written the others and a bit hastily. Likely, he filled it all out, the lawyer looked at it and said, "add a line about why you think this." MOO.

For an emergency order you don't need all that; the judge determines if the petition justifies the RO and then in the hearing they hash it all out and the respondent gets a chance to contest and tell their side.

I would bet this was done intentionally to help protect the documents from the public and media searching for them. That is not the first time I have heard the last name mixed up as Horton instead of Horman. JMO

You have a good memory! :D

I assume it would "sit well" with you if he were a scatter-brained weakling? KH is handling his business in a very honorable and BRAVE fashion in the face of all he has been confronted with over the last month+.

No, that's not what I meant.
However, I wouldn't blame anyone for being scattered if their child was missing.
I just hope LE has hard evidence before anyone is arrested.

I am still rather surprised that a judge signed that based on that form alone, shouldn't there be something from LE stating his statements of LE's probable cause are true? Even the lawyer's letter doesn't mention LE so KH's statements are not really substantiated by anyone from what I have seen released.

In my experience (limited) in Arizona, you can file a form like this (ours was partially done by us, partially done by our lawyer, then it is filed, the judge grants the restraining order immediately (within the day) and then after the people are served, the order will stand unless they request a hearing, then a hearing is set and arguments are made, if the other side can convince the judge that they are not a threat, the order will be lifted, if you can prove you are in danger, or if they don't show for the hearing, or thier arguments are weak, etc. the order will stand. I was surprised at how easy it was to get one.

imoo

No parenting time

But, only baby K is listed on the page before, so I don't think this limits parenting with her son.

And, why isn't Kyron listed but Skyline is one of the places she can't go to?

They also did not black out any phone numbers. :eek:

I have a feeling Terri may be disconnecting hers in the near future with the number of fans she has. :waitasec:

That puts her in a terrible position.

IF she is innocent, then she is probably reluctant to change her number on the slim hope that Kyron might call her.

Patty Wetterling has said that she and her husband have maintained the same phone number all these years, just in case Jacob might call.

But with her phone number released like that, I'm sure she will be getting some really scary calls from people who are convinced she's guilty of everything including global warming.

I think Trident was referring to Terri's OTHER son, from her previous marriage. Not Kyron. Trident - correct me if I'm wrong.

You are krect. However, it was bandied about on here that Terri lost visitation to both of her biological children - now, as far as I can make out, that isn't true.

Could KH's statement on the application be supported with other documentation from LE that does not have to be released to the public? If so, there could be LE information that supports KH's assertion in the petition that we are still not privy to.

I don't know if judges consider only the petition when making decisions on restraining orders - does anyone know?

Interesting question that I would like to know the answer to also.
Plus what about the judge's order to approve this, shouldn't there be one??

That puts her in a terrible position.

IF she is innocent, then she is probably reluctant to change her number on the slim hope that Kyron might call her.

Patty Wetterling has said that she and her husband have maintained the same phone number all these years, just in case Jacob might call.

But with her phone number released like that, I'm sure she will be getting some really scary calls from people who are convinced she's guilty of everything including global warming.

Yes. Not a good decision, IMO, to leave the phone numbers and other specific details intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19