2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've read the RO request written by Kaine (I assume)...and I've glanced through the pages looking to see if anyone else mentioned this. I know it's not probably important at all, but the last sentence written presumably by Kaine "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements are true.", doesn't seem to be in the same handwriting...like an afterthought to get the judge to issue? Maybe certain wording had to be incorporated? Just wondering. I'm sure it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

'Normal' is so subjective, isn't it? :)

My husband is an import; when he immigrated, I added him to the title of my house, and we did not amend the financing because it was already good.
I've never looked into what he'd be entitled to if we divorced (I guess it's not an option for us. Unless he tries to hire a hit on me! :furious:)

When I looked at the public record showing KH was the only one on the title, it certainly crossed my mind that that was not 'normal' for a family relationship. Not unheard of, but if TH was a smart as some think, wouldn't she have secured at least that?

She is/was in a very insecure financial situation. Not so smart, IMO.

BBM

....and THAT is why we helped our only girl-child buy her own home while she was still single. Now when she marries, as long as only her name is on the title, she will never have that age old threat of "I'm kicking you out, because I pay all the bills" thrown in her face.

(I've just heard that from so many different woman in my lifetime).

'Normal' is so subjective, isn't it? :)

My husband is an import; when he immigrated, I added him to the title of my house, and we did not amend the financing because it was already good.
I've never looked into what he'd be entitled to if we divorced (I guess it's not an option for us. Unless he tries to hire a hit on me! :furious:)

When I looked at the public record showing KH was the only one on the title, it certainly crossed my mind that that was not 'normal' for a family relationship. Not unheard of, but if TH was a smart as some think, wouldn't she have secured at least that?

She is/was in a very insecure financial situation. Not so smart, IMO.

We have to remember that they were both married before.........maybe someone didn't want to repeat history.....(tho I don't know what happened before)

All, I realize my comments may seem insensitive; my apologies to all.. every family's situation is unique and I didn't intend to take the conversation OT.

We'll probably never know everything about this family, and it was me being smug and carried away to post that.
My sorries. :)

PDX!!!! I agreed with your post! I didn't read anything smug or insensitive! Don't you think ALL of these comments we are ALL bringing up aren't swirling thru THM's head right now?!!! I think this is all completley on topic!!!

Well I think she should just move away with her parents...she will probably be glad to get out Portland about now, and it is up to LE to make a legal move to prevent her from doing so. She may be relieved...maybe she wants to flee and go back home with her folks, but did not dare, knowing how it would look. If she feels she has told LE all she can (and she may be telling the truth about Kyron, for all we know) then all of this must be very stressful and I would be wanting to go home with my mommy and daddy about now, if she can't see her children anyway.

I would bet this was done intentionally to help protect the documents from the public and media searching for them. That is not the first time I have heard the last name mixed up as Horton instead of Horman. JMO

Sorry to quote myself. I just wanted to bring this back up for anyone that may have missed it. Am I the only one that remembers hearing the name "Horton" instead of Horman on something else in this case before?

ETA: This was a response to a post that said the RO didn't even have the correct name on it. It had "Horton" instead of Horman.

I wonder if there have been some incidence/s where KH is now remembering some close calls he has had or something happened in the last 7 months that now fits with hearing about the hitman. :waitasec:

my mind is going in several directions not unlike yours

ITA!!!! This is exactly how I feel. I would have to have to more than LE just telling me that someone had a hit out on me. People usually don't want to believe the worst about a person. It seems like he knew she was having problems, but that doesn't mean he automatically would think she was capable of hurting Kyron or him on LE's word alone.

really?

I'm sure I'd go through the initial stages of denial, shock, anger but if LE sat me down and had a serious conversation about their suspicions or provided evidence of some kind, I wouldn't need any more than their word

and after they lifted me up off the floor, they could drive me straight to a safe-house

Definition of probable cause

http://www.yourdictionary.com/law/probable-cause

A necessary element of a legitimate arrest or legal search and seizure; a reasonable ground to believe that someone is committing or has committed an offense. It must amount to more than just suspicion, but need not rise to the level of evidence justifying conviction, according to Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

[bbm]

thank you for posting this

more than just suspicion ... my mind is whirling

Well I think she should just move away with her parents...she will probably be glad to get out Portland about now, and it is up to LE to make a legal move to prevent her from doing so. She may be relieved...maybe she wants to flee and go back home with her folks, but did not dare, knowing how it would look. If she feels she has told LE all she can (and she may be telling the truth about Kyron, for all we know) then all of this must be very stressful and I would be wanting to go home with my mommy and daddy about now, if she can't see her children anyway.

I suspect she does want out of Portland but I seriously doubt it is because she feels she has told LE all she knows...JMO

Apparantly someone saw another similar truck in the same area around 2:00 am in the morning.That is the one sighting I am interested in.

I thought both sightings were by the same neighbour. There's a thread discussing those sightings.

You could be right. I feel this thing is about to boil over.

Not to make light of this (possibly) tragic situation, I posted on the "dreams/visions" thread this morning about how I had dreamed last night that I was pregnant. I woke up chuckling because the prospect of my being pg at age 60 and without any of the necessary "parts" is a tad humorous :D

When all h*ll broke loose this afternoon/evening with the RO being unsealed, the eviction notice to TMH, the presser with Kaine and Desiree, etc., I thought back to my dream and felt sure that it was time to POP!

[bbm]

thank you for posting this

more than just suspicion ... my mind is whirling

You're welcome. Yes Kyron's Father is saying in the RO that police provided him with probable cause. And the judge signed it. It's obviously a legal document. Beyond chilling to think your own spouse would seek to have you murdered. So tragic also is his saying LE also provided him with probable cause that she is involved in the disappearance of his son Kyron. yes, the legal def says it doesn't have to rise to be enough evidence for conviction, but it can't be just what he thinks, believes or suspects. There has to be probable cause and evidence to show those things are real and true. Tragic.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...ring-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Maybe he's afraid that if she's allowed access there she might do something like badger possible witnesses or get rid of evidence that might be there (that only she would know about)? Or it could just be that he doesn't want her in the last place Kyron was seen. I can understand that if he believes she's involved. That school is holy ground now.

That's not the purpose of a protective order, though.

I thought both sightings were by the same neighbour. There's a thread discussing those sightings.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106903"]The White Truck Seen by Jim K - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Says LE providing him with information to support the claims. Interesting.

Says police have provided him with probable cause to believe the statements are true. Probable cause is the absolute lowest threshold needed for police involvement. This tells me they told him TH is the last known person to see Kyron (unless you count the boy who claims he did), and told him that someone had claimed to have been approached by TH in an attempt to hire out a hit on KH. The police have not provided any proof of those things to anyone. Essentially they got the RO based upon a hunch and an unsubstantiated claim. IMO, the police still have nothing.

If Terri is guilty, she gets what she gets. At the same time, I'm having trouble with a SAHM being treated like an at-will employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member