2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there's the implication of the Friday night news dump, which makes me a little uncomfortable... :/

omg! yes. never thought of that.

I think Terri was trying to figure out a way to get the press on her side to garner sympathy for her position. Thought she could get around the sealed RO by using someone else to leak the info and it ended up backfiring.

JMO

I think Terri was trying to figure out a way to get the press on her side to garner sympathy for her position. Thought she could get around the sealed RO by using someone else to leak the info and it ended up backfiring.

JMO

and i'm thinking mc showed the pics to reporters to get terri in trouble.

Why cypress? What do you think will be next?

I wasn't implying that anything else was coming. Friday night news dump is very common in politics -- most people are out and about, and so when government officials have to release information to the public, but don't necessarily want them to know about it, they'll often do a news dump on Friday nights when most people are otherwise occupied. This happens in high profile cases, local politics, etc., as well. It's definitely a strategic move, though.

All IMHO.

and i'm thinking mc showed the pics to reporters to get terri in trouble.

And I'm thinking Houze has been quietly at work showing just what you suggested. I also have thought that Cook was a plant by LE.

I can't forget that no one, especially Kaine and LE, expected Terri to get an attorney, especially such a good one. moo

For weeks, many have been speculating about how this would play out because Terri would be under oath, and the door would, potentially, open for information about Kyron. Many have asserted that Terri and her lawyers are avoiding any situation in which she will be place under oath. And then the least likely thing in the world happens, and all that pressure, all that potential is alleviated by Kaine voluntarily dropping the contempt motion?

Kaine just gave her an out! WHY?!

Am I the only one who sees this as completely jaw dropping in its implications?
I don't see why she would necessarily have to answer questions about Kyron's disappearance as a result of the specific contempt charge, especially if Kaine believes MC knows nothing beyond what was alleged in Kaine's filing. This is just about what happened between MC and Terri, which very well may not shed any light on Kyron's disappearance if Terri is responsible for that.

Now if Kaine dropped the RO...that would probably be a huge deal because that is supported by Terri having something to do with Kyron's disappearance.

I still think this was likely a result of some kind of negotiation between Kaine and Terri's attorneys. Could be a money issue for Kaine if he's having trouble coming up with payment for his counsel.

I don't see why she would necessarily have to answer questions about Kyron's disappearance as a result of the specific contempt charge, especially if Kaine believes MC knows nothing beyond what was alleged in Kaine's filing. This is just about what happened between MC and Terri, which very well may not shed any light on Kyron's disappearance if Terri is responsible for that.

Now if Kaine dropped the RO...that would probably be a huge deal because that is supported by Terri having something to do with Kyron's disappearance.

I still think this was likely a result of some kind of negotiation between Kaine and Terri's attorneys. Could be a money issue for Kaine if he's having trouble coming up with payment for his counsel.

Maybe a deal is in the works that she will drop the abeyance and bifurcation motion in exchange for him dropping the contempt charge.

I hope this is a Quid Pro Quo move on Kaine's part. Kaine to Terri: I'll give you this, if you give me that. So he drops the contempt charge in exchange for???

Could be anything. We may never know exactly what. But I hope Kaine dropped the contempt charge in exchange for something that leads to Kyron's discovery.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that the motion mentions the similarity between texts between MC & TH and the LS & TH, and maybe those never happened?

For weeks, many have been speculating about how this would play out because Terri would be under oath, and the door would, potentially, open for information about Kyron. Many have asserted that Terri and her lawyers are avoiding any situation in which she will be place under oath. And then the least likely thing in the world happens, and all that pressure, all that potential is alleviated by Kaine voluntarily dropping the contempt motion?

Kaine just gave her an out! WHY?!

Am I the only one who sees this as completely jaw dropping in its implications?

I agree. There is no way he did this without bargaining for something in return. What that is remains to be seen....

well let me ask this.
what would be gained by this motion?
was anything gained by filing it in the first place? Was information revealed?

ETA: what I mean is, was the act of filing the motion enough to accomplish anything and so there is no need to move ahead?

I have to go with JBean on this one. By filing the contempt IMO LE suddenly had a cooperative person with potential information in Mr. M. Cook. He disappeared off of the radar after one interview and the last I read he was cooperating with Law Enforcement.

He admitted to showing the RO to two people. I think it would be very revealing to know who those two people are.

I'm not so sure this has much, if anything, to do with MC.
I am of the opinion that because some of the info for the RO was obtained by LE, this would then be discoverable, and I think they absolutely do NOT want to show thier cards the least bit to Houze, Bunch, or TH.
There would be subpoenas flying off the shelf at PacWest once the testimony started, IMO...

I have to go with JBean on this one. By filing the contempt IMO LE suddenly had a cooperative person with potential information in Mr. M. Cook. He disappeared off of the radar after one interview and the last I read he was cooperating with Law Enforcement.

He admitted to showing the RO to two people. I think it would be very revealing to know who those two people are.
well missy I was just reviewing a post of yours and thought maybe this was interesting maybe is of value? not sure.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5397472&postcount=17"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Contempt of Court :Revealing Sealed Docs[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove