2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think A has to happen for B to happen...

And that is the one thing that has me on edge in this case. I think about all bodies not located because a perp won't tell. Haleigh Cummings, Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic..........I can't stand the thought that this little boy will be out there forever.

Ted Bundy also believed he was going to “beat the system” right up until he was zapped in the electric chair.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/bundy/16.html

Yep! He also did get out of three executions (maybe four). And what's insane about Ted Bundy (who graduated from UW with honors and went on to grad school; he was not an idiot), is that he would sometimes approach half a dozen people before finding one to kill. Which left tons of witnesses at many of his abduction sites. He wasn't even that careful! There was a sketch of him and a description of his car out for a long time before he was caught.

He also had the cajones to bust out of jail - twice! My point is, people who commit crimes don't always do the "logical" thing. Hubris can cause them to do breathtakingly dumb things.

BeanE just posted this in the media thread... has different official quote from LE/wording. ((fwiw... this is what I am thinking was said to begin with))

The Multonmah County Sheriff's Office would not discuss Kaine Horman's decision to file for divorce and seek an order of protection. "It's a personal matter between family members and we don't get involved in those," sheriff spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said. "Nothing has changed in the investigation. It's still ongoing. No persons of interest or suspects have been named at this time."http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/29/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?section=cnn_latest

All along I never really believed Terri actually took Kyron out of the school, and there wasn't any real evidence pointing to her doing so. I never ruled Terri out completely, but I also considered a 'stranger' abduction a possibility and that the setting and events of the day would have given that person a huge advantage. I did feel if Kyron was targeted specifically, it was related to activities of his parents or siblings.

Back in the "how do you get a kid out of the school without being seen" thread, I kept coming up with ways (in my head...I hadn't even registered yet at that time, I don't think) that TH could have been seen leaving the school ALONE, yet have SOMEONE ELSE removed Kyron from the school. I just kept coming back to her having an accomplice somehow...a lover maybe?

Well, TH has said something to the affect of "LE is on my side," right? So, these kinds of statements might be (1) to make sure she goes on believing that, thus making LE's jobs easier, or (2) perhaps she is right. Believe what you will.

BeanE just posted this in the media thread... has different official quote from LE/wording. ((fwiw... this is what I am thinking was said to begin with))

The Multonmah County Sheriff's Office would not discuss Kaine Horman's decision to file for divorce and seek an order of protection. "It's a personal matter between family members and we don't get involved in those," sheriff spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said. "Nothing has changed in the investigation. It's still ongoing. No persons of interest or suspects have been named at this time."http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/29/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Exactly.........they have NEVER specifically said TH.

From this thread's original post:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6628859.shtml

I don't think they have ever said anything like this before regarding POI or suspects in this case.

Previously, LE has said they are NOT going to talk about POIs or suspects in this case at this time.

They have said that Terri was the person who last saw Kyron and because of that knowing her timeline that day was of interest to the investigation. But always - they were firm that they were not going to talk about POIs or suspects at this time.

No one is cleared. Terri's timeline of importance.

I'm looking at this quote from Mary Lindstrand, and I have to say that - well - LE just said that Terri is NOT a POI or suspect. (period.)

It wasn't qualified any further such as "at this time".

Help me out - those of you here with better memory. Am I correct in thinking this has never been said before?

Isn't this a different status for Terri?

I'm working under the assumption that LE public statements are typically carefully made and reliable.

LE "leaks" are not.

Other option - was this a misquote or out of context?

I'm going to hunt around for more on this latest statement from Lt. Mary Lindstrand.

From AOL - says Lindstrand spoke to AP reporters:

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...divorce-from-missing-boys-stepmother/19535026

They even left out "named" - not a "named" POI or suspect. It was a completely direct statement. "Horman isn't a person of interest or a suspect".

based on?

this isnt like that argument in the sandru cantu thread where it seems women cant act on there own without men helping or being motivation is it?

she is a body builder so its not like she isnt physically capable of it, and then getting rid of the body.

god i hate saying that.

It's the truth. She bragged about working out with 40# dumbbells (that would be 80# in combined weight)... she possesses the physical ability to do it.

They certainly did. That's what we've been discussing, what this thread is about, what's been linked all over the place. See the first post in this thread.

lol....I have seen it, it was NOT a DIRECT quote...specifically naming TH, it was generic.

i should point out, that by LE saying there are no poi or suspects, that would include terry ;)

I meant KH, i was so careful not to mention names that i got all mixed up with intials. Geeze, sorry.

I think we all knew who you meant Shelbar, didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out! No worries...

This is very different from saying that TH is not a POI or suspect. At the same time, I can see the other article, which paraphrased that as being based on this statement. I've noticed that the media is not very careful about language and parsing what LE actually said. I remember at one of the press conferences where the question was asked "is this a criminal investigation," and the answer was "it's AN investigation." To me that says it could be criminal and is likely both a missing person/lost in the woods and criminal investigation at the same time. Yet in the news report following the pc, the reporter said LE "emphasized this is not a criminal investigation." I was thinking, "no that's not what he said."

They even left out "named" - not a "named" POI or suspect. It was a completely direct statement. "Horman isn't a person of interest or a suspect".

THANK YOU for noticing with me BeanE.

Now isn't this an entirely different statement than has ever been made? And it's not qualified. I mean, it's a non-qualified statement saying this one parent is NOT a POI or suspect.

How can they say that (unequivocally) in a statement to the AP? Is Lindstrom accurately quoted?

I have to wonder - Has Terri Horman been cleared?

This is very different from saying that TH is not a POI or suspect. At the same time, I can see the other article, which paraphrased that as being based on this statement. I've noticed that the media is not very careful about language and parsing what LE actually said. I remember at one of the press conferences where the question was asked "is this a criminal investigation," and the answer was "its AN investigation." To me that says it could be criminal and is likely both a missing person/lost in the woods and criminal investigation at the same time. Yet in the news report following the pc, the reporter said LE "emphasized this is not a criminal investigation." I was thinking, "no that's not what he said."

We don't know if the other statement was based on this statement, or if it was a separate statement to different news organization/reporter.

"named" is the operative word here. No suspects or persons of interest have been named. I doubt we will see any names before an arrest but that is just my 12 cents (all the change currently in my change jar after visiting coinstar yesterday)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back