2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I firmly believe that this whole issue of LE saying she is not a POI or suspect is a case of CYA. If it turns out that she has nothing to do with his disappearance, than LE can cover their *advertiser censored**es by saying we never said she was POI or suspect, we said she wasn't. And if it turns out she is involved in disappearance, then LE will claim they said she wasn't to protect the investigation. MO is that it is merely semantics on LE's part to cover themselves. Which leaves us, the public, nowhere. Do we believe LE or not? IDK but IMO as time goes on, the whole not saying anything to protect the ivestigation is wearing thinner and thinner. Especially after the divorce and RO filings yesterday.

Personally, I would prefer if she is a suspect, as then there would some chance Kyron might still be alive. If this comes down to some unknown predator, there is basically no chance. But I always found it unbelievable that a predator would think that a day when the school probably had 5-10 times more adults present than usual would be a good day to make a move like this. They tend to like places like playgrounds for a reason, the numbers are on their side, far more children than adults.

That being said, if Terri is not a suspect, than I am very fearful that LE does not have anyone or anything to point them in the right direction.

i dont know why i get so emotionally involved in these cases. im hypternsive to start.

this is not good for me :(

Personally, I would prefer if she is a suspect, as then there would some chance Kyron might still be alive. If this comes down to some unknown predator, there is basically no chance. But I always found it unbelievable that a predator would think that a day when the school probably had 5-10 times more adults present than usual would be a good day to make a move like this. They tend to like places like playgrounds for a reason, the numbers are on their side, far more children than adults.

That being said, if Terri is not a suspect, than I am very fearful that LE does not have anyone or anything to point them in the right direction.

bbm

IMO, that makes it the perfect day. More adults milling about = better chance of not being noticed as being out of place and simply blending in with the crowd.

if le has ZERO persons of intrests, or suspects, then the mind shudders.....where is he? who has him? if he vanished into thin air can he ever be found :(

There was a murder of a mom of 2 in my town. The police said the husband was not a suspect and was not a POI. Except of course he sure was and everyone knew it, including him. He was also involved in a custody dispute with the maternal grandparents, after the murder, which he lost.

They finally arrested him 3 months after the murder when they had gotten whatever physical evidence they needed from lab results and computer searches to make the local DA comfortable enough to allow police to present their evidence to the grand jury. He's been in jail ever since, awaiting trial, which will happen this fall.

Just because the police are saying publicly that person x, y or z is "not a POI or suspect" doesn't mean it's true. Think to yourself that perhaps they're silently leaving off the word, "YET." And they will use that qualifier if asked later on. "Well we investigated the crime and found evidence that links so and so to this crime and now ..... blah, blah, blah..."

It's semantics, plain and simple. It's the game that is played by most police departments nowadays, for a variety of reasons.

I don't think adults are milling about so much as walking with their child; therefore an adult not associated with any child would stand out. These days, parents might tend to notice this, even if only out of curiousity.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said Monday night her office is "not talking about personal issues going on with the Hormans." She said Terri Horman is neither a person of interest nor a suspect.

Well,this says alot to me.If she is not a suspect or a person of interest and they say it's a isolated incident and the community should not be alarmed about thier children.Who is a suspect?Does LE have any suspects?
LE does not have to name anyone a suspect or a POI now or ever before they arrest someone.

I think it is posturing (their statement) and they won't change their game until they make an arrest.

To me, their tight lipped-close to the vest approach is the way they are playing this for a reason.

JMHOO

I also want to add that LE's refusal to name a suspect or POI is not a lie to the public. That is my firm opinion.

When have they said that?

If she is not even a person of interest, that pretty much implies that they don't think she had anything to do with it. If they thought she might have had something to do with it, she would be a person of interest.

You can be guaranteed of one thing though: if LE had the necessary solid evidence then an arrest would be authorized of TH.

And if they haven't arrested her or anyone yet, then you can be assured they don't have enough evidence YET.
snipped

I'm not sure about this. I think there's a difference between just barely enough to get a warrant and an airtight case that's a sure winner in court. I suspect they're being really careful to build an bullet proof case and insure that all the evidence is admissible. Once they make an arrest, she gets a lawyer and stops talking. For now, she could be making little slips that continue to lead them to more evidence. They could also be hoping while she's on the outside she'll lead them to Kyron.

I've also felt that everything LE is doing could be designed to put pressure on Terri and get a confession. Having enough evidence for an arrest warrant is a far cry from a confession and if they think they may get there, why wouldn't they hold out.

My prediction: Terri will go from being "not a POI or suspect" to "the defendant" soon.

I know it is all just words and word games, but early on LE was fond of stating that "everyone is of interest to us." Now they are stating "she is not a person of interest." Why do this? Do they think by saying this that the public believes that more than if they were to say we can't comment on the investigation? I know they can say what they want and probably do not even care what public thinks as long as they are not breaking any laws, but their semantics are weird in this case.

If she is not even a person of interest, that pretty much implies that they don't think she had anything to do with it. If they thought she might have had something to do with it, she would be a person of interest.

"Person of Interest" is meaningless. There's no legal definition for it. It serves no one's interest but the public's to identify someone as a POI.

If Terri were not of interest in this case, she'd not have been given two polygraph's, the truck would not have been taken twice and searched, and there wouldn't be a questionnaire sent out to all children and parents of the school with HER photo on it.

LE is giving us nothing in this case. Why would they start now by saying that she's the POI in Kyron's disappearance?

Just throwing this out there:

What if SM was gambling or what if she was doing drugs, or what if she was having an affair, what if she got involved with a child’s personal life when she was teaching i.e. reporting abuse she may have suspected or something of that nature. What if this person decided to seek “revenge” or go after SM because of a decision she made? What if this person thought that by going after Kyron it would isolate SM from everyone – the public, her husband, Kyron’s mom, ect. In this scenario SM would not be a POI and she would not be a suspect, but her actions would have put Kyron in danger and could potentially put the 18 mnth old in danger. If it was gambling, drugs, or an affair - most likely Kaine may not have known until the investigation unearthed it. This all COMPLETE AND TOTAL speculation. I am just giving an example of where she could not be a POI/Suspect and still have been indirectly involved with his disappearance.

IMOO LE owes the public zero zip zilch as to naming or not naming a PIO or a suspect nor even to inform us of who if anyone has been cleared. LE has a job to do, lives are at stake. Much as I would love to have more info, they owe me nothing. As far as it being ilegal to lie to the public, would that it were so.

Until an arrest is made the perp is one of us "the public" and LE routinely lies to perps in order to build their case and get valuable statements and info from the perp.

When they are tight lipped, or don't give out details. I don't take it personally, I know that means the perp isn't getting that info either. That means the odds of LE resolving the case are higher because of it. And that is the true goal, resolution. Bringing Kyron home, either to his loved ones, or for burial.

Person of Interest doesn't mean much. You can interpret it a dozen different ways. So I don't think that means anything. Also, the police have not formally announced any suspects. If they are going by that definition of suspect, then no, Terri Horman is not a suspect. Technically, they don't suspect anyone of anything. Realistically, that is probably not the case.

bbm. I disagree completely. They do not have to say one word as to what they consider TM at this time. The only thing LE owes the public is to bring Kyron justice and keep the public safe from any predator that could have taken this child. (although they have said the public is safe and it is an isolated incident)

moo

I know it is all just words and word games, but early on LE was fond of stating that "everyone is of interest to us." Now they are stating "she is not a person of interest." Why do this? Do they think by saying this that the public believes that more than if they were to say we can't comment on the investigation? I know they can say what they want and probably do not even care what public thinks as long as they are not breaking any laws, but their semantics are weird in this case.

Just want to point out that the quote you put there is not from the police, but from the article. We don't know what LE actually said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back