2010.06.30 Andrea Lyon is off the Dream Team! She quits!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PLEA DEAL

I know nothing, but I have seen so many deals made for far less than what I expected. I am worried that a plea deal would not result in LWOP. Very worried.

JB will never persuade KC that a plea deal is the way to go, I don't think he will even try. He wants his day in court, and knows the world will be his stage during this trial. He will never have another client so newsworhy, he will never be in the spotlight again when this is over. He wants his moment, at her expense. Her life is in his hands and from the beginning I don't think he ever had her best interest at heart or he would have made a deal long ago.

I also don't think this case will plead out, although there have been so many oddities in it that I have learned never to say never! But I think KC's narcisscism will prevent her from taking a plea. She is still all wrapped up in her cozy little imaginary world in which she had a good job at Universal, had a nanny taking care of Caylee, was a good mother and cherished friend and loving daughter . . . all of which we have see as the lies that they are. But in KC's mind, I think she may really believe it and could never subject herself to the humiliation of having to publicly acknowledge that not only was none of that true, but that she was the monstrous mother who indeed did murder her child. So she will probably roll dem bones and take it to trial, at which point she shall surely be convicted, because those 12 jurors don't live in the imaginary world that she constructed in her mind.

I was just thinking last night...we aren't going to see AL do her theatrics for HHJP.

There is part of me that is thankful her long winded statements drove me crazy...but there is part of me that would have enjoyed the show.

:crazy:

I was just thinking last night...we aren't going to see AL do her theatrics for HHJP.

There is part of me that is thankful her long winded statements drove me crazy...but there is part of me that would have enjoyed the show.

:crazy:

Well at least you can be comforted by the other long winded "team"---jb, Mason along with LKB---they are all long winded.......:twocents:

Well at least you can be comforted by the other long winded "team"---jb, Mason along with LKB---they are all long winded.......:twocents:

The problem is Baez goes around in circles while making no sense. He is not going to be effective in getting any jury to understand what he is trying to say. Half the time (ok more than half) I don't think even he understands what he is trying to say.

Lyon leaving is a huge blow for Casey. She was the one shot for Casey to get Life instead of death row.

MOO

Lyon may make an appearance at the penalty stage; she did not rule that out. And that's where she likes to be anyway; her main objective is turning DP into LWOP.

Lyon may make an appearance at the penalty stage; she did not rule that out. And that's where she likes to be anyway; her main objective is turning DP into LWOP.

Is that how she claims a win?

Not by guilty or innocent , but by avoiding the death penalty.

Is that how she claims a win?

Not by guilty or innocent , but by avoiding the death penalty.

In a nutshell.......YES. AL does not focus on guilt or innocence. Instead her focus is "saving a life". She has said so herself.

My only problem with Mason's long-windedness, is that I can't understand a dang word that man says. If he would just spit out those marbles before he starts speaking! :crazy:

I do agree with you. I have some confusion over her submitted an attorney withdrawal to the court. If she was going to consult during the penalty phase, why submit that request to the court. Just stay on and appear as necessary. CM was in place as a DP qualified ATTY. She was not obligated to appear at every hearing. She could have simply showed up as needed. JMO

They go on.......and on.........and on........I just want to stand up and yell at em, "LAND THE PLANE ALREADY~!!!!"

I do agree with you. I have some confusion over her submitted an attorney withdrawal to the court. If she was going to consult during the penalty phase, why submit that request to the court. Just stay on and appear as necessary. CM was in place as a DP qualified ATTY. She was not obligated to appear at every hearing. She could have simply showed up as needed. JMO

That boggles my mind as well...I thought, if anything, ALyon was needed at the penalty phase of this trial, when a guilty verdict is reached. This is where she should come in, to sway the jury to NOT recommend a death sentence. I'm not understanding WHY this "Angel of death" will not follow through on a case she's begun? JMHO

Unless, as others suggested, she knows she may not "win" this one through a LWOP sentence....looks more and more to her like a lethal injection sentence is in the cards! Her walking away can't be a good omen! JMHO

Justice for Caylee

They go on.......and on.........and on........I just want to stand up and yell at em, "LAND THE PLANE ALREADY~!!!!"

I always love the SA --- they get the point....the defense....they lose me everytime.....

DePaul law clinics give students an education in real time
$1 million endowment will aid their dogged pursuit of justice

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/education/ct-x-depaul-law-clinics-20100714,0,7534412.story

snipped:

Weeks after the school year ended, DePaul University law professor Andrea Lyon huddled with her students over the latest legal brief in their campaign to free a man serving time for a murder they don't believe he committed.

It has been nearly two decades since Jerry Gillespie, now 35, allegedly served as a lookout during a shooting at a South Side hair salon, and now his future depends on a group of students still learning the law.

DePaul law clinics give students an education in real time
$1 million endowment will aid their dogged pursuit of justice

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/education/ct-x-depaul-law-clinics-20100714,0,7534412.story

snipped:

Weeks after the school year ended, DePaul University law professor Andrea Lyon huddled with her students over the latest legal brief in their campaign to free a man serving time for a murder they don't believe he committed.

It has been nearly two decades since Jerry Gillespie, now 35, allegedly served as a lookout during a shooting at a South Side hair salon, and now his future depends on a group of students still learning the law.

Ahhh, is this what trumped ICA?

Does ALyon have bigger fish to (de)fry???? :croc:

Seems that million dollar donation drives the forces home...to a mere $22,000 she's earned with ICA...money, always about money...Glad if it is this reason...for ICA is just biding time until she is no longer "innocent"...guilty verdict is acoming...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I have to say I was very surprised to learn that she left the defense team. I don't particularly like her beliefs or political stance on the death penalty, but I think her anti death penalty stance came genuinely from the heart. She is incredibly intelligent and passionate about what she does. And if her goal was simply to make a ton a money, she would have probably avoided this area of law and its clients.

And this is why I hated seeing her at Casey Anthony's table.

I like seeing Jose Baez and Cheney Mason sitting there, though.

Ahhh, is this what trumped ICA?

Does ALyon have bigger fish to (de)fry???? :croc:

Seems that million dollar donation drives the forces home...to a mere $22,000 she's earned with ICA...money, always about money...Glad if it is this reason...for ICA is just biding time until she is no longer "innocent"...guilty verdict is acoming...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I still think her DePaul job may have been on the line, I just pray that none of that million makes it's way to KC in any way, shape or form!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back