2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Right. Where did the cell ping info come from anyway? I don't recall LE ever coming out with it.

Either way (IMO), something is going on with TH. LE knows it, and now so does Kyron's family. The divorce, the RO, the PC with the family asking TH to give up info on Kyron...I have a hard time reasoning how TH could be innocent now, so I won't even bother.

Interesting isn't it...on some cases I can decide 'guilty' and flip to the other side of the coin fast and furious. Casey Anthony, Drew Peterson, Scott, on and on...but this one, I just can't flip the coin yet.

Exactly. They run a diameter from each cell tower pinged and the circles that overlap are going to be the high probability areas.

The below link is a great example on how a ping map is made. Scroll down to see the map. The yellow area is a high probability area.

http://www.johnspira.com/

Another thing to remember is if TH has a fairly new phone, it should have GPS on it. No way No how that info is going to be an error.

Yes I hope she did. We can get an exact coordinate on my iphone out in the sticks at our deer lease.

Ok folks, KISS: KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE

1. SM resented stepchild
2. planned for months how to get rid of him
3. maybe even had a few trial runs
4. take non-descript car to school extra early {check}
5. make sure a few people see you with stepson {check}
6. create confusion about dr. appt {check}
7. snap alibi pic {check}
8.leave shortly after 8am with stepson, few people around {check}
9.call school re: when to pick up science display, no questions about stepson being absent, all is well {check}
10.go to SI, complete the deed {check}
11.run some errands [check}
12.go home wash your cloths {check}
13.post alibi pic on FB {check}
14.meet school bus....WHAT no stepson
15.Fake grief: {Big Fail}
16.forgetting to turn off cellphone: {priceless}
17.hitting the gym and posting on facebook: {relief}

Interesting.

So how far is SI from school and from the home? I'm not sure I've seen that posted. How does the list account for Kaine working from home? Or rather coming home from work to work at home because he did say he left for work that morning...

Interesting isn't it...on some cases I can decide 'guilty' and flip to the other side of the coin fast and furious. Casey Anthony, Drew Peterson, Scott, on and on...but this one, I just can't flip the coin yet.

Yep and she is being hung out to dry by so many and yet I can't find anything that makes her guilty except proximity.....and ther is a whole school full of people with that....

If LE actually had proof that TH lied about her whereabouts with cell phone records that actually verified that, combined with 2 alleged failed poly's, LE would have her in custody, at the very least for obstruction. IMO, I think it's more likely the poly's were inconclusive - LE has suspicions and they're using the media to apply pressure hoping to extract a confession from her - but what if she isn't the real perp??

JMHO~

Well it's a mute point now since TH has lawyered up. But LE wants to keep a perp talking and not lawyer up. The ideal situation for a DA is to go to court with a confession and a body and as much evidence as they can get. The second you arrest someone for anything they have to get a lawyer and the chance of a confession and location of a body slips to about zero percent. Time is always on LE's side. Then there is the whole grand jury indictment. Most DA's go that route and that can take years.

I don't know why people think lack of an arrest means no evidence. That's just not true.

I can't believe the frustration of this case is making us go round in circles, asking the same questions we were all asking almost 30 days ago...babysitter, errands, cell phone pings...and we have NO more information than we did in those early days. That is even harder to believe. At the time, it seemed clear we would soon learn her itinerary for the day, etc. just like we usually hear in other cases. We would hear it from her, even.

And yet here we are...

You have a great way of saying it like it is!! lol Our frustration is so obvious. Isn't like me to hang around like this because it's a waste of time going over what we did 20-30 days ago. I remember doing a short time-line for our Lindsey a year ago this July - short because it was based on the small amt of info we had at the time. I haven't had to make a single change to it in a year. Hopefully this case doesn't turn out like that one. moo

As far as I know it is because she was the last one to see him. There were reports early on that she was seen leaving the school without him and he was seen after she left but LE says now that know onesaw him after she left.

Other than that I haven't found a single bit of evidence other than possibly inconclusive poly's.

ETA and the poly's don't count because we don't know that she showed any deception on either one. They may just have had some more questions the second time around.
Jaxson, I read here earlier that KGW reported LE stated a poly/LDT of Terri's showed deception.

Lordie, I don't know which thread. Maybe someone will know or else it will be in the media link thread. xox

Well it's a mute point now since TH has lawyered up. But LE wants to keep a perp talking and not lawyer up. The ideal situation for a DA is to go to court with a confession and a body and as much evidence as they can get. The second you arrest someone for anything they have to get a lawyer and the chance of a confession and location of a body slips to about zero percent. Time is always on LE's side. Then there is the whole grand jury indictment. Most DA's go that route and that can take years.

I don't know why people think lack of an arrest means no evidence. That's just not true.

And how many cases has there been where the perp goes back to visit where they left the body. Scott Peterson is one I can think of off the top of my head. The baby and 16 yr old ae now safe so maybe they are hoping to be led right to him. Just a possiblity.:waitasec:

Yep and she is being hung out to dry by so many and yet I can't find anything that makes her guilty except proximity.....and ther is a whole school full of people with that....

I understand what you're saying because the public isn't getting any direct information on TH, but something is seriously wrong when Kyron's family is going public asking her to fess up. You can bet they didn't come up with this on their own...LE is behind them, IMO.

Thank you, so how do they know she lied? Just from the cell phone pings?

I'm not ready to elevate cell phone pings to that of DNA evidence. Sort of like polygraphs - affected by many variables. moo

True.

I'd like to know who said she had errands to run? I don't recall hearing LE say that.

All I've heard them say is she took Kyron to school that morning.

Jaxson, I read here earlier that KGW reported LE stated a poly/LDT of Terri's showed deception.

Lordie, I don't know which thread. Maybe someone will know or else it will be in the media link thread. xox

The first page of this thread:

They also just said on KGW news at 7, that her polygraphs showed her to be deceptive..... in addition to what was in the article about the cell phone, not being honest with them, etc.

Wow...

Her perfect plan....foiled by a cell phone. Silly girl forgot to turn it off.

Cell phones ping even when they are off, I have heard that they can even be traced without the battery attached, or when the battery is dead, it doesn't take a big charge to ping to the tower, it is not the same as using it to make a call.

Ok folks, KISS: KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE

1. SM resented stepchild
2. planned for months how to get rid of him
3. maybe even had a few trial runs
4. take non-descript car to school extra early {check}
5. make sure a few people see you with stepson {check}
6. create confusion about dr. appt {check}
7. snap alibi pic {check}
8.leave shortly after 8am with stepson, few people around {check}
9.call school re: when to pick up science display, no questions about stepson being absent, all is well {check}
10.go to SI, complete the deed {check}
11.run some errands [check}
12.go home wash your cloths {check}
13.post alibi pic on FB {check}
14.meet school bus....WHAT no stepson
15.Fake grief: {Big Fail}
16.forgetting to turn off cellphone: {priceless}
17.hitting the gym and posting on facebook: {relief}

Ah, the fake grief, she is no actress! I thought her face looked more worried, not grief stricken (my opinion of course).

Good point BeanE. I assumed Intel had family plans for phones.

Intel has so many different benifits for so many different classifications of employee, it is mind boggling, that is not a simple question to answer. Benefits that are offered to some employees in certain locations may not be avaliable to other employees in the same job in a different location.

*Same with the legal assistance mentioned on another thread*.

Thanks for chatting everyone. I'm off to check the thread on the little 8yo boy missing from Wisconsin. Another child, it gets so sad.

But the level of premeditation and sociopathy associated with this abduction and possible murder doesn't lead me to believe the person who committed it is dumb. After all, it's been three weeks, and Kyron hasn't been found. Someone was smart enough.

IMO, Smart Sociopaths become CEO's of large corporations, rule countries and, lead militaries. Dumb Sociopath's end up in prison.

I understand what you're saying because the public isn't getting any direct information on TH, but something is seriously wrong when Kyron's family is going public asking her to fess up. You can bet they didn't come up with this on their own...LE is behind them, IMO.

That is so true Carrie, but it was happening before the family turned on her. I can also understand the family thinking she had to have had something to do with it and LE also even without anything other than maybe gut feeling. I can't figure it out either but I don't have much faith in LE at this point, and I don't think LE told Kaine to boot media that LE will have to work with in the future on other cases at least. I think maybe Terri said something that made Kaine think she had something to do with it and that caused the situation Sat. night and him to file for divorce. By the same token maybe she accused him of doing something and he grabbed the baby and split before she could. AAARRRRGGGG!

True.

I'd like to know who said she had errands to run? I don't recall hearing LE say that.

All I've heard them say is she took Kyron to school that morning.

It seems like her mother was the one to add that detail. She is the source for this article:
Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.

After leaving the school, Terri went about her day, running errands and taking care of household chores. She is a former elementary school teacher and has worked as a substitute teacher at various schools, but Moulton said that in recent years she has mainly been a stay-at-home mom. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

If Terri did something, the premeditation IMO shows up with the supposed statement to the teacher about the doctor appointment not being until the next week. There was no reason to mention that at all during the busy and hectic science fair morning. She could have even told that bit of information in an email since she did email the teacher about when to pickup the science project.

Cell towers: Someone posted about the lack of towers on the island. This is irrelevant. Doesn't matter that there's a close tower, location is determined by triangulation of available towers. If you can get a signal, you can be found.

Polygraph: Someone posted that a reliable source stated that the polygraph(s) indicated deception. We all know this is inadmissible in court, HOWEVER it's a good sign -- if she failed her polygraph(s), she's not as good a liar as she thinks she is, and this will factor into her confidence level. A polygraph alone doesn't detect deception. A skilled polygraph examiner can use it to put the screws to her and make an educated assessment of deception. Failed polygraphs may also indicate that she's not quite as much of a sociopath as a lot of us might feel. A true sociopath would probably pass the test.

Facebook: The "Facebook Mobile" is not a reliable indicator for mobile posting. While my phone can post via Facebook Mobile, my phone also has a browser which would show on Facebook as a regular internet browser. TH is tech-savvy, that's my assumption, this is feasible. And yes, LE can definitely subpoena all logs from TH's FB account, which would indicate proof positive where the posting came from (the IP address of the source would indicate home broadband, phone broadband, some random unsecured wifi, etc.) -- combined with triangulation, they could even tell where she was when she posted it.

Arrest: When they have enough evidence, physical or circumstantial, to charge her with a crime. Sounds like soon to me.

Tech-savvy: Keep in mind that she and the family are not only tech-savvy, but interested in crime drama. There's a good chance she's following the threads here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5358228#post5358228"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFacetious [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5357457#post5357457"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
They also just said on KGW news at 7, that her polygraphs showed her to be deceptive..... in addition to what was in the article about the cell phone, not being honest with them, etc.

Wow...

A 'source' said this not LE. I have trouble accepting it as fact if LE won't say it. In fact they did say earlier that if it didn't come from them it was not a fact or something to that effect....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back