Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SBM

BBM

a) TH is just that diabolical and was able to mastermind the perfect crime;

Doesn't have to be anywhere near a perfect crime, just a lack of evidence the DA feels they can work with.

Like that bozo in Utah that took tiny babies out camping and smores in the snow, in the middle of the night, in December, and his wife just up and went missing while they were gone, while he was drying carpet in the living room :banghead:

Big difference in a perfect crime and not YET having enough evidence to convict someone. (put me on that jury, please!)

We will have to agree to disagree. LE is not going to give anyone preferential treatment and take a chance of that being thrown up in their face later on.

I have many LE members in my family and friends as well but that really is irrelevant to this case.

I don't think they are on the same page at all. The Sheriff certainly didn't act like they were to me. Just because the family may have suspicions about TH doesn't mean the LE investigators does or has any evidence showing that she is involved.

Desiree is wanting Terri to cooperate and the Sheriff comes right out and says she has been cooperating all along. So no, I don't see them on the same page.

IMO

BBM

I keep thinking I'm seeing a game of good cop, bad cop with Kaine Horman and Desiree Young taking the role of bad cop and the MCSO taking the role of good cop.

One of the commonest uses of good cop, bad cop is to get the suspect to confess.

To the good cop, of course.

You all have raised so many valid and interesting points. Some point this way and some point that way. But then a third leads off here and another leads somewhere else all together! My little bit tonight is just my thought-I think if they really thought TH was the perp, FBI would NOT have been called in so fast. I could be wrong, but doesn't that usually mean kidnapping and across state lines? JMO I think they would have kept it local LE if they thought she did it...

An interesting question to consider is WHY has Kyron's classmate T's account of that morning been swept under the rug ? Because it is very different from what LE says when they state that TH was the last one to see Kyron. T said that he saw TH leaving by herself.

All JMO

There is a GIANT electrical power plant that harnesses the River (Columbia) that is just major That is an interesting place, also remote area, but maybe not much difference in travel time from going to Sauvie...

---

OK found it--Coulee Dam. So, a driver could SAY they were taking you out to see Coulee Dam and the giant electrical plant there, and then detour onto Sauvie.

Call me crazy, but the electricity thing has been like tinnitus, ringing in my ears.

Hmmmm...then WHY did LE ask the child not to talk to the media? If it truly were incorrect info, it seems they wouldn't have cared if he did speak. And when asked by media later, they simply could have responded that that was incorrect information and had been disproved. Stuff they don't need or can't use is usually right out there...I think the adult was wrong to allow him to speak, because I feel that it could have (may have) caused harm to Kyron-but I simply feel if they asked him NOT to speak, there may be something there...JMO

we are probably getting a little off-thread here, but I think Terri's defense attorney has a lot to work with. Except that we don't know what LE actually does know on 7/2.

I keep trying to imagine exactly how Terri is not cooperating (according to Desiree). I wonder if she keeps changing her story about leaving with/without Kyron and her whereabouts after that as she gleans what LE knows by the questions they ask her, Joran van der Sloot style. But since she agrees to talk to police, they can't exactly say she isn't cooperating.

And unless they have a witness who saw Kyron outside the school, I don't understand why they aren't searching Skyline with dogs.

What makes most sense to me is that there IS a witness, Terri says the witness is lying or mistaken, and the police don't want to tell us this just yet.

Or she is being used as "bait'...JMO

Hmmmm...then WHY did LE ask the child not to talk to the media? If it truly were incorrect info, it seems they wouldn't have cared if he did speak. And when asked by media later, they simply could have responded that that was incorrect information and had been disproved. Stuff they don't need or can't use is usually right out there...I think the adult was wtong to allow him to speak, because I feel that it could have (may have) caused harm to Kyron-but I simply feel if they asked him NOT to speak, there may be something there...JMO

The FBI may have instructed the grandmother to keep the child quiet about what he saw because at that point, they may have not had enough information (and may not yet) to say for certain this wasn't a case of non-family abduction. Aside from potentially screwing up the eventual prosecution of this case, it sure as hell put that boy at risk if the perp knew there was a witness who could more closely pinpoint when Kyron went missing. I still can't believe that grandmother was so stupid --- putting her grandson's name and face out there when no one can really say with 100% certainty that there wasn't a predator lurking about the school that morning.

:yes:
It's hard to "forget" about young T's description. Very hard. It's interesting the press isn't asking about this directly at pressers. ;) ground rules *cough*
...edit...

ALTERNATIVELY ...

Young T's testimony about "going to see the electricity" might be so important to their actual case/theory, that they've buried it for the time being by pretending its irrelevant...

Again. :shakehead: Horman family-association first circle. Hink-a-dinky dink.

If this post sounds all speculative and suspicious, it's because ... it is. JMHO

"Going to see the electricity..."

Don't rule out the Coulee Dam area on the Washington side of the river (across state lines) out past Sauvie Island. Now I will stop with this!

Actually, its Bonneville Dam:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonneville_Dam[/ame]

Click on the coords in the upper right corner for a selection of maps.

we are probably getting a little off-thread here, but I think Terri's defense attorney has a lot to work with. Except that we don't know what LE actually does know on 7/2.

I keep trying to imagine exactly how Terri is not cooperating (according to Desiree). I wonder if she keeps changing her story about leaving with/without Kyron and her whereabouts after that as she gleans what LE knows by the questions they ask her, Joran van der Sloot style. But since she agrees to talk to police, they can't exactly say she isn't cooperating.

And unless they have a witness who saw Kyron outside the school, I don't understand why they aren't searching Skyline with dogs.
What makes most sense to me is that there IS a witness, Terri says the witness is lying or mistaken, and the police don't want to tell us this just yet.

BBM

LE has said that they did use scent dogs to search the school, but they could not track his scent to the outside, they gave several reasons for not being able to get his scent.

There is a GIANT electrical power plant that harnesses the River (Columbia) that is just major That is an interesting place, also remote area, but maybe not much difference in travel time from going to Sauvie...

---

OK found it--Coulee Dam. So, a driver could SAY they were taking you out to see Coulee Dam and the giant electrical plant there, and then detour onto Sauvie.

Call me crazy, but the electricity thing has been like tinnitus, ringing in my ears.

O.M.G.

Well, that could answer the question as to why, if Kyron's body was dumped into the Columbia, it has not yet surfaced.

I wish I wouldn't creep myself out late at night.

O.M.G.

Well, that could answer the question as to why, if Kyron's body was dumped into the Columbia, it has not yet surfaced.

I wish I wouldn't creep myself out late at night.

Again, it would be the Bonneville Dam in Vancouver, WA, rural but still very near to Portland, coupla miles, across the state line.

I thought she told a friend that she did want to speak to the media but Kaine had told her not to do so and I can certainly believe that since he seems to have been running this from the get go including telling the employees at Intel not to speak with the media and excluding two media outlets and one of them the largest newspaper in Oregon.

Now that she has obtained an attorney though I doubt she will speak out but he may do so for her at some point.

IMO
o

I'm willing to go there with you for a second or two....How do you explain a court of law giving Kaine temporary FULL custody of his daughter and a restraining order against his wife?

I don't believe LE or the court is that BIG of a fool if Kaine is guilty of the unspeakable. But, that's just me.

Kaine may or may not be likeable, but I don't think for a new york minute he had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

Again, it would be the Bonneville Dam in Vancouver, WA, rural but still very near to Portland, coupla miles, across the state line.

You are a little confused. Bonneville Dam is nowhere near Vancouver or Portland. There are no Columbia River Dams near Portland. Bonneville Dam is upstream from Portland about 40 miles. It spans the Columbia River from Oregon to Washington.

The Coulee Dam is in Washington, but closer to Spokane, about 330 miles from Portland.

No one is talking about Kyron's stepdad. Stepdad being a LE detective. I firmly believe that he is calling more shots within the family than is being reported or recognized.

People want to believe that the bio family is being weird. I don't think so AT ALL based on the dynamics.

But that's just my thought process. Who am I?!?

Has Kaine been cleared? When did he arrive at the house? He stated he was working from home in the afternoon.

Who watched the baby when TH drove Kyron to school?

What time did Kaine leave for work?

Did he drive the Mustang? why?

You are a little confused. Bonneville Dam is nowhere near Vancouver or Portland. There are no Columbia River Dams near Portland. Bonneville Dam is upstream from Portland about 40 miles. It spans the Columbia River from Oregon to Washington.

The Coulee Dam is in Washington, but closer to Spokane, about 330 miles from Portland.

I admit to being confused and also hundreds of miles away. Thank you, Google is our friend! Definitely puts this destination further out than I recalled. Pretty spectacular place.

I admit to being confused and also hundreds of miles away.
So do you happen to know which dam it is that's near Vancouver?

Well, there are no dams across the Columbia River in the Portland area. None in Vancouver that I am aware of. Maybe some small lake dam, but nothing major that actually produces electricity or anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vika2155
Back