2010.07.03 Sheriff confirms Kyron last seen *inside* school

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The stairwell thing makes me crazy. Here is a diagram of how it looks in my head:

escher-stairs-g.gif

Yesterday I thought he was directly during press Q & A asked about confirming seeing Terri & Kyron both in the schol and he was able to confirm that.

With a follow up question of Terri &/or Kyron leaving the school, and he said he couldn't comment on that.

my speakers are on the fritz. darn. if you're listening to it - you might have a listen to the Q & A in this area of questioning... FWIW

That was what it was-the "we can't comment on that" (otherwise known as WCCOT for brevity) is what I am taking to be an affirmative. Meaning that they were (in my mind) seen leaving the school. WCCOT leaps to the lips of the sheriff and the chief when a question strays too close to the truth, IMO. Many weeks ago, I believe WCCOT was utilized when they were asked if Terri was the last person to see Kyron and we have since learned that she was, according to LE.

The stairwell thing makes me crazy. Here is a diagram of how it looks in my head:

~snipped out image

That's hilarious. That's how it was looking in my head and is why I eventually gave up on trying to figure out precisely which stairways were used and where everyone must have been standing, where they parted ways, if and where the "Goodbye" exchange happened, why the 2 stairways in the first place, etc.

I couldn't even understand from the floor plans where the actual stairs were, where they led to, etc. I couldn't get anything to match up.

This whole "inside the school" thing has been giving me nightmares from the beginning. It reminds me of the Harvard Med student who was hidden inside a wall by a lab assistant.

What I keep wondering is if there were any new substitute teachers that day? Or if there were any incidents between Kyron and another student that we don't know about?

I'm sorry, something is just fishy and rotten about him last being seen inside the school. I just can't put my finger on what is wrong with this picture.

If Kyron were still in the building, between June 4 and June 15 (last day of school), I think there would be olfactory evidence.

Here is a floor plan of the school.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/NoWay406/Kyron Horman/1f155f47.jpg

I pictured Terri going up one SIDE of the stairwell and Kyron going up the OTHER SIDE (with the railing dividing them) and saying good-bye there.

I do not remember who posted this on Kyron's thread (please let me know if you know) and I have lost all my bookmarks. I had saved this to my hard drive.

I posted one in Today's News this morning.

Thanks.

Listening now, and I note he says there are 2877 leads/tips that are valid. That's not the total number of tips they've received, but those that are deemed worthy of investigation.

Whoa.

I suppose it makes sense that he was last seen inside the school if nobody worried about him all day. If he had been seen exiting the school alone or struggling in the arms of a masked perpetrator someone might have sounded the alarm a bit earlier.

And inside ceiling tiles.

...or inside a wall like Yale student Annie Le?

OMG.....is this child's body hidden inside the school somewhere?

Has LE searched that place over with that in mind.

escher-stairs-g.gif

I know that there's a special thread for "dreams", so I'm merely bouncing off BeanE's post w/photo. I'm sure that most of us have had dreams about being on stairs/stairwells, getting lost, not knowing whether to go up or down, etc. Here's what a popular dream website says about stairs:

Stairs

To dream that you are walking up a flight of stairs, indicates that you are achieving a higher level of understanding. You are making progress into your spiritual/emotional/material journey. It also represents material and thoughts that are coming to the surface.

To dream that you are walking down a flight of stairs, represents your repressed thoughts. It suggests that you are going into your unconscious. It also refers to setbacks that you will experience in your life. If you are afraid of going down the stairs, then it suggests that you are afraid to confront your repressed emotions and thoughts. Is there something from your past that you are not acknowledging.

To see spiral or winding stairs, signify growth and/or rebirth.

When they parted they both went up different stairwells? Why did Terri need to go up a stairwell? Was the science fair in a gym in the basement or something and she had to go up to get out of the building? Did she go to the school office or something after parting with Kyron?

This isn't making sense to me either. His class was on the second floor, I believe. So they both went to the second floor from the first but on different stairwells? If she did that why wouldn't she just walk with him?

If Tr said he saw Kyron and spoke with him after Terri left, are we to believe he lied or is mistaken? Because if that is the truth, then Terri is not the last person to see him. What are we to make of this? No one saw them leave together, and I am beginning to believe that is true. The comment that he was going to see the "cool electric project" gives me pause. Who brought Tr to school that day? Were they still around when Tr saw Kyron?

I think decomposition would give that away.

I feel pretty confident that LE/FBI thought about the walls, the ducts, the panels, etc...I think they probably took the school apart over that first weekend even as the search was going on nearby. It would be gross incompetence not to have cleared the school beyond the shadow of any doubt and while I do not think this investigation is perfect in any way, I do think they covered this part.

I pictured the stair well as being divided by the rail and each walking up their own side.

I tried to find a picture that shows what I mean (need to drive to my old high school!) ...

That was what it was-the "we can't comment on that" (otherwise known as WCCOT for brevity) is what I am taking to be an affirmative. Meaning that they were (in my mind) seen leaving the school. WCCOT leaps to the lips of the sheriff and the chief when a question strays too close to the truth, IMO. Many weeks ago, I believe WCCOT was utilized when they were asked if Terri was the last person to see Kyron and we have since learned that she was, according to LE.

Are you saying that LE confirms that SM was the last person to see Kyron?

While going through the transcript of Oregon Live's interview with Sheriff Staton July 2, buried within it, I found this little nugget.

I felt because of the circumstances behind this type of a search, the fact that it involved a child, it was inside of a school, was the last known sight of the child, this was significant to me.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

This tells me several things:

- Nobody saw Kyron leave the school. Nobody saw him leaving, walking down any steps, stepping outside a door, walking down a pathway outside, anywhere in the parking lot, anywhere in the fields adjacent to the school, entering the woods near the school, walking down any nearby road, or riding in any vehicle.

- The rumor about a teacher or two teachers seeing Kyron leave the school with Terri has been proven by LE to be untrue.

- Nobody saw Kyron after the morning of June 4. All possible sightings of Kyron so far have been ruled out, such as the little boy seen riding in the truck.

So we now have two things confirmed by LE at this point regarding the last sighting of Kyron:

- Place: inside the school

- Person: Terri

What we are missing about the last sighting of Kyron, confirmed by LE, are:

- Place (specific): where inside the school was Kyron last seen

- Time: what time was Kyron last seen

I've been turning this over and over in my head. So little info, and when we get a tiny inadvertent nugget like this from LE, I beat it to death lol. Help me beat it some more, please! :)

- I made some contentions above based on this info. Please sanity check them for me - are they true, untrue, questionable?

- What other conclusions can we now draw from this info?

- What else can we rule out?

- What other new questions does it present for us?
If we're talking about the sherrif's press conference, during the live Q&A session he responded to a question with "yes there are indications that both Kyron and the mother were seen at the school that morning ....." (at about the 10min mark), but not that TH was the last person to see him at school. Is there other confirmation from LE that TH was the LAST person to see him at school.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-been-cooperating/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx (video on right side of page)

Is it possible that Terri left the school and then returned?

So those who saw her leave (first time) said she did not have Kyron with her, and that is true, but those same people did not see her return, nor did they see her leave the second time.

Thanks.

Listening now, and I note he says there are 2877 leads/tips that are valid. That's not the total number of tips they've received, but those that are deemed worthy of investigation.

Whoa.

That could just mean as opposed to the crackpots who always call in in any case. Not necessarily that they are useful or relevant.

Also, I think LE has ruled out the statement from the child in Kyron's class, either due to wrong time or something else (which could be that an adult or two DID see Kyron & Terri together after 8:45 and they WERE heading out of the building. Sheriff would not answer this yesterday.) The child may have seen Kyron earlier in the AM but I always found it hard to believe that he saw Kyron at a critical time AND saw Terri leaving the school. I have never heard of a young child who would pay any attention to someone else's mother leaving a school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back