2010.07.03 Sheriff confirms Kyron last seen *inside* school

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone found a statement by LE indicating that TM was the last person to sight him in the school, and that they consider her sighting to be credible? TIA...

It's two separate statements. One that Terri was the last to see him, the other that he was last seen inside the school. The one on the 18th that Terri was last to see him was a definitive statement.

Emma...you could be right...

I am flabbergasted that all of us are back to the same conversations we were having the first week in June...too many shades of Haleigh for me...

It could be that Terri was seen with Kyron but not in the hallway, in another part of the school, i.e. maybe near an exit but not seen actually leaving with him...and so no way to arrest her?

oh help and bother said Pooh,

Does anyone remember reading that Terri was not truthful about Kyron's plans for that day? Was that a media report?
:waitasec:

Wouldn't it depend on what the body was incased in....like a closed container that was hidden inside a wall?

Warning: gross discussion ahead.

I doubt that scenario because of the nature of walls and the nature of bodies.

Most walls do not have vast open spaces inside of them. There is a space between the walls of less than four inches, maybe six inches in luxury buildings where sound dampening is a concern. The spacing between the studs inside the wall is usually somewhere between 16 and 24 inches.

So placing something inside that cavity means that the something has to be no more than four inches by sixteen to twenty four inches.

It is just barely possible to stuff a small body into a wall space (see Annie Le). Kyron surely falls well within the size that could be placed inside a wall. That relies on the body being flexible and somewhat compressible.

A container would not only add bulk, it would be rigid and not compressible.

Now, it is just barely possible that his body was swaddled in many layers of plastic sheeting which were extensively taped up.

However, decomposition involves the generation of gasses, which tend to lead to swelling, pretty dramatic swelling.

If Kyron's body were wrapped in plastic, the swelling of his corpse would inevitably loosen the plastic wrapping. The gasses would make their way outside of the plastic wrapping. Fairly rapidly, part or all of the school would be permeated with that musty "something died here" smell.

There are exceptions, of course. If his body were placed where the ventilation system carried all air upwards and out through the roof, the school itself might not smell. However, dogs deployed on the roof (and probably humans as well) would be able to smell the scent of decomposition.

I seem to recall that LE did specify they have checked the whole school, including the roof.

There is a tiny, tiny possibility that Kyron's body is still inside the school but I consider it highly improbable.

I'm going to the Game Room for a while...there I can use a more accessible part of my tired, throbbing brain...when you all solve this, please locate me there :)

Okay, suppose inside the school is what they previously thought, but in the meantime, they have a witness that saw Kyron somewhere else - like Sauvie Island.

And suppose nobody saw Kyron leave the school, but John Doe saw them elsewhere (like SI) later, like 11am.

Or... say a witness has come forward who saw Kyron at SI (or elsewhere) later that day, but didn't see Terri, or the truck, and there didn't seem to be anyone else with him. Suppose he was just walking across a parking lot or something.

Could something like either of those be true with what we know right now?

It would certainly account for all the searches at SI...

Okay, suppose inside the school is what they previously thought, but in the meantime, they have a witness that saw Kyron somewhere else - like Sauvie Island.

And suppose nobody saw Kyron leave the school, but John Doe saw them elsewhere (like SI) later, like 11am.

Or... say a witness has come forward who saw Kyron at SI (or elsewhere) later that day, but didn't see Terri, or the truck, and there didn't seem to be anyone else with him. Suppose he was just walking across a parking lot or something.

Could something like either of those be true with what we know right now?

It would certainly account for all the searches at SI...

Hmmm....
I think they could have a tip like that BeanE. That would have to be a really reliable witness though - or a video camera ...

I do not know for sure, but it seems the wall Anne Le was found in was an accessible area where workers could access wiring, plumbing, gases, etc. for the lab.

Skyline was built in the 30s. It is undoubtedly lathe and plaster construction in the walls, and there would not be that kind of "access" where someone could get in and leave a whole person. One would have to chop through plaster and lathe to open a pretty good sized hole in the wall, which would be extremely messy and time consuming, and then have a way to patch it up so expertly that nobody would notice. I just don't see anybody at the school with that kind of capability or time. And what would be the motive? It would be far easier to just take him out to the woods and leave him.

I think we should forget the idea of Kyron being hidden behind some sort of Gothic secret panel behind the library. He left with someone.

Warning: gross discussion ahead.

I doubt that scenario because of the nature of walls and the nature of bodies.

Most walls do not have vast open spaces inside of them. There is a space between the walls of less than four inches, maybe six inches in luxury buildings where sound dampening is a concern. The spacing between the studs inside the wall is usually somewhere between 16 and 24 inches.

So placing something inside that cavity means that the something has to be no more than four inches by sixteen to twenty four inches.

It is just barely possible to stuff a small body into a wall space (see Annie Le). Kyron surely falls well within the size that could be placed inside a wall. That relies on the body being flexible and somewhat compressible.

A container would not only add bulk, it would be rigid and not compressible.

Now, it is just barely possible that his body was swaddled in many layers of plastic sheeting which were extensively taped up.

However, decomposition involves the generation of gasses, which tend to lead to swelling, pretty dramatic swelling.

If Kyron's body were wrapped in plastic, the swelling of his corpse would inevitably loosen the plastic wrapping. The gasses would make their way outside of the plastic wrapping. Fairly rapidly, part or all of the school would be permeated with that musty "something died here" smell.

There are exceptions, of course. If his body were placed where the ventilation system carried all air upwards and out through the roof, the school itself might not smell. However, dogs deployed on the roof (and probably humans as well) would be able to smell the scent of decomposition.

I seem to recall that LE did specify they have checked the whole school, including the roof.

There is a tiny, tiny possibility that Kyron's body is still inside the school but I consider it highly improbable.
I think it's highly improbable too but Annie Le was put inside a pipe chase. Walls in industrial/commercial type settings have hollow spaces for the utility pipes and large panels that can be removed to access the pipe chases. Skyline does have a boiler so it probably uses steam heat, there would probably be relatively large chase areas for those pipes. Obviously school maintenance people would know the locations of those areas and access doors. But I think if a body were in the school then people or dogs would have smelled it.

So, by thinking through this upside down and backwards, and knowing Terri is not arrested ... could this mean LE has confirmed Terri left, but they cannot confirm for certain that she left with Kyron? (Thus, no comment.)

Does this help at all?

(note to cluciano, I know goes against your theory on what "no comment" means, but stay with me!)

(Leaving the young friend T's timeline out of it for the moment.)

IMO, not being able to confirm that Kyron left with Terri - is their whole problem.

IMO Terri left and they have that confirmed. They just can't prove that she left with Kyron.

But! they can prove Terri lied about where she was and what she did that day.

Now, this may make no sense whatsoever. Please poke holes.

If this makes sense, maybe we'll turn the whole forum on it's head and solve this case faster. LOL.:Banane13:
I've thought the same type of thing. I wonder if they have video showing her without Kyron but which contradicts her story. Maybe they think it's video of her after she did whatever she did with him. So they know she is lying (which could be proved by the cell pings also if those are definitive) but they don't have anything that places Kyron with her.

This whole "inside the school" thing has been giving me nightmares from the beginning. It reminds me of the Harvard Med student who was hidden inside a wall by a lab assistant.

What I keep wondering is if there were any new substitute teachers that day? Or if there were any incidents between Kyron and another student that we don't know about?

I'm sorry, something is just fishy and rotten about him last being seen inside the school. I just can't put my finger on what is wrong with this picture.

This is one I do not understand.

"And she (sub brought in to help with science fair) was like...oh no, where's Kyron, there's only five. And Ms. P's like, um, it's alright, calm down, calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water. She's like, alright I'm gonna leave, and she left." KOIN (6/11)

Why did the sub know about Kyron and why did the teacher think he was there that day?

Why was the sub so worked up about Kyron? Had he been with her?

Ya'll are killing my head here,lol
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this case!!!!! Where the heck is he!!!!

Here is the floor plan again. Kyron's class was on the top floor, CLR 213. I've circled in red the stairs that go from the bottom floor to the top floor.

4759166992_84b4e9f772_b.jpg

LE has stated that TH was the last person to see Kyron. They have never stated WHERE or WHEN . But...they are sure she saw him last.... She.Saw.Him.Last. Therefore, IMO LE thinks she has specific knowledge of what happened to Kyron when he disappeared IMO that is what LE means

All JMO

Here is the floor plan again. Kyron's class was on the top floor, CLR 213. I've circled in red the stairs that go from the bottom floor to the top floor.

4759166992_84b4e9f772_b.jpg

I was thinking that there was a third floor because I thought his little friend told him he was going upstairs to see the electric one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back