2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that JB is deliberately trying to slow down the process. Whether it's to keep his 15 minutes of fame going or because he wants to milk this cash cow I don't know. Maybe both and more. This trial should, at worst, be taking place right now. JMO

Respectfully snipped.

Yes, he is the one to watch...I had nothing against HHJS, but I absolutely love HHJP!!!

Yes, I agree. I liked Judge Strickland very much, I believe him to be an honorable man. I never think of him stepping down, I always think of what he did as stepping up ......
for the justice for Caylee.

Once he was asked to remove himself from the case, he had to just so long as the defense's motion for such was technically sufficient. He did not do so as any sort of admittance of wrong doing. He did what he is obligated by law to do, period. I love his final ruling. "Tight boots" just has me in stitches laughing. Still.

don't forget the TWO "Robins" ..... Casey said ... Robin A said .... Maya D said .... Robin L said ... an EX-inmate said .... the secretary said .... the after hours secretary said ..... and let's not forget the jail guard who said ....

To think...this double and triple hearsay coming from the one who filed a motion to have hearsay excluded. You just can't make this stuff up.

The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding our Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." If I had room I would add that to my signature line.

To think...this double and triple hearsay coming from the one who filed a motion to have hearsay excluded. You just can't make this stuff up.

The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding our Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." If I had room I would add that to my signature line.

Thank you - I will add that to my signature line! The bar should have never allowed him in, he is a disgrace to the legal profession.

It will be interesting to read LDB's filing regarding the Inmate Robin call to JB, to see if LDB included the prison in her Certificate of Service, so the prison will be noticed about this matter.

I wonder if JB is only obligated to send the prison a copy of the Notice of Hearing, when it gets set for Hearing?

It will be interesting to watch the Clerk's site to see if the prison files anything regarding this matter, asking the Judge to let them have a say at the Hearing. I would imagine the prison wants the tapes sealed if they are still in the process of an ongoing investigation into what Inmate Robin has done.
No response from the State yet, I take it?

Not posted yet if it was. It's 5:10pm FL time, the response has not been listed on the docket yet.

Well .... LDB saying she would file it by Monday, is not the same as having a set DEADLINE to file it by Monday .... so, I'm sure she must have a very good reason for not filing it yet .... or it is just not on the Clerk's site or the 9th Judicial site yet .....

I can't remember if this has already been addressed, but
would the SA response need to be filed with Orange County with a copy to the jail and JB or with the county where the jail is with a copy to HHJP and JB?

I can't remember if this has already been addressed, but
would the SA response need to be filed with Orange County with a copy to the jail and JB or with the county where the jail is with a copy to HHJP and JB?

Judge P told them to Notice the correctional institution (where the Inmate Robin is housed and where the call was generated from and where the prison recorded the call).

All I can say is hahahahahaha!!!!!! His saying he didn't recall the recorded message is disingenuous. As an officer of the court he is not s'posed to lie. I find it hard to comprehend that anyone over the age of 5 would find his response truthful in any way. Sheesh!

moo

Is he really this dense? Does he not recall that he has told his client no more phone calls or visitors because they are all recorded????

So, JB has been caught red handed lying in a court document... and the judge has listened to the recording of Baez answering the second call himself. What can happen to him because of that besides the call being made a public record? Is it something that can be put in a complaint to the Bar and is anyone required to report it? I can't wait to read HHJP's order on this. :Jumpie:

The article says Baez didn't contribute much to the convo. So what is with all the motions for protection? I was hoping he said something incriminating like offering money or something.

Oh mercy, if the recording announcements weren't enough (twice, that is :innocent: ), on pg. 2 of LDB's motion she states that Robin Lunceford even advises JB that she's not telling him everything because "these phones are recorded".

Yep, and they apparently they have it on the tape! Amazing? Why would JB even file something like this? At best it shows him being "factually inaccurate" or "grossly mistaken" about his own personal and fairly recent actions, and at worst it shows him being deliberately disingenuous to the court. I mean what is the possible positive outcome here? really? I can't help thinking that HHJP is just sitting in his chambers laughing his butt off over this whole thing.

The article says Baez didn't contribute much to the convo. So what is with all the motions for protection? I was hoping he said something incriminating like offering money or something.

I'm with you - the motion did state that he did not contribute much to the conversation, but I would bet the little he did say was in some way incriminating - otherwise why the fuss?

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members