2010.07.15 Hearing Ruling

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Thanks to Chatty Cathy, my client, I was almost half an hour late. Did I miss the whole TES thing or wasn't it dealt with?

I will read back - but wanted the quick answer so I relax and read. Anyone?
Wasn't dealt with.

jb now asking request for kc to have feet unshackled, cut off circulation

If KC can still walk, the shackles have NOT cut off her stupid circulation! Geez JB is not only making a fool of himself but he looks like he think this judge is stupid, which he is not!!!!

Grrrrrrrr............was anyone else having problems keeping a decent connection to this today???

I watched on FOX, and then they lost their feed for the longest time, and had to resort to watching on clickorlando, and it was live stream that kept going in and out.
Then, to top it off, when FOX came back, they broke for their regular news cast ~!

I never could get through the buffering on WESH or WFTV.
I know that channel 9 normally always has the entire thing linked afterwards, so, will have to sit and do the whole thing all over again.

Smokes, heating pad, water bottle, snacks, DO OVER.

All in all though, it "looked" like it was pretty interesting.
I do wish that NeJames would have had his chance to rip em apart in open court though.
Another day.

{Gosh, I don't think I'll be able to catch up in this thread it's moving so fast....my poor head}

Wow, that took nearly four hours! Lee skipped out early. Gave his laughing testimony, sat in court for a few minutes after and then hightailed it. Figures.

Noticed how Cindy was sitting thisclose to Brad Conway before the hearing and during the early part. Upon leaving, she stands there rubbing man after man, with George already out the door. Nice.

Man, oh man. Mason and Baez should take lessons from the SAs. Their arguments sound like garbage compared to her well thought out and well noted ones.
Mason basically just argued his motion...he can't stray very far of course because he hasn't a clue. He knows what he knows. He knew the motion because he wrote it...that's about it. The one thing you can say about the defense is that they are totally out of sync.

So Thanks to Chatty Cathy, my client, I was almost half an hour late. Did I miss the whole TES thing or wasn't it dealt with?

It was dealt with at the very beginning in a sidebar. MN is preparing a 'bad faith motion' (whatever that is) and JB and Co get to go back over to MN's ofc with a special magistrate. The magistrate will copy items and take them to HHJP to view and decide if they are pertinent. HHJP did not decide on a date for Baez, et al to go to ofc and review docs. MN is suppose to prepare the motion by Thurs.

I may have missed something

At least that is how I understood it.......

MOO

My understanding of the shackle-debackle is that IF Judge Perry allows them to be removed, it will only be for transporting in the elevator.

He said once she reaches the other side of the door, they may go back on.

I think she'll be sitting tight in the court hearings.

At the beginning of the hearing, all the attorneys talked quietly at the Judge's bench (sidebar) for quite some time, including Mark Nejame for TES. Then when they got back to their tables, Baez said he withdrew his motion. End of that. We never heard what was said.

Wasn't dealt with.

Not entirely true. What I got was the judge appointed a special magistrate to make copies to be taken under review (in camera, I think) and TES agreed and withdrew motion at this time. Please - correct me if I am wrong.

Purple Iris,

I too had connection problems with every single site I went to. I think half the world was watching this hearing. Not just the folks who have invested 2 years on this case waiting for justice.

Never had a problem until this hearing.

CNN live was good until they cut off coverage.

My understanding of the shackle-debackle is that IF Judge Perry allows them to be removed, it will only be for transporting in the elevator.

He said once she reaches the other side of the door, they may go back on.

I think she'll be sitting tight in the court hearings.

Wow - what I got was that it would be ONLY while in the courtroom and that JB was to provide notice for a hearing and to copy the institutions - IE the jail so they can object if they want. Do I need to borrow CM hearing aid?

Yep, I had to scurry from station to station, and I totally missed Cindy say she still believes Caylee is alive!

I hope that shows up on youtube, for sure!

Nothing related to this was discussed in open court. They went to the bench for quite a while,then judge said the defense can inspect the documents, can take notes(? I'm not sure if he said take or not take),tag the documents of interest. A special master will be present. There will be a hearing later to determine if they will get the documents they flagged.

CA seemed relieved in the end that it was all over (and perhaps a little surprised that it went so well after all the hoopla regarding her testifying). For the most part, she was truthful and not confrontational in the least. At times she became emotional (during questioning about the night she found out that Caylee was gone). KC remained emotionless throughout CA's testimony, even when it was clear her mother was experiencing much pain reliving the night of July 15th, 2008. You know, if there really was a kidnapping and KC saw her mother hurt like that, she would be filled with sadness about what her mother went through. But, no... she seemed almost angry at the things CA was saying. I wonder if CA will take a lesson from this hearing and realize how easy it is to just answer the questions truthfully and without confrontation.

My favorite part of the hearing was when Lee took the stand and mouthed "I love you" to KC. LDB responded in a deadpan tone "I take it that you weren't directing that towards me."

Wow - what I got was that it would be ONLY while in the courtroom and that JB was to provide notice for a hearing and to copy the institutions - IE the jail so they can object if they want. Do I need to borrow CM hearing aid?
Does Mason need to talk about his hearing issue every "hearing"? It's getting old quick.

Thanks everyone for relaying the ruling! I was watching CNN, along with a lot of other posters, when it cut out. I truly appreciate everyone giving us the great news!!

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

ROFL! Right? I think my bladder is damaged from holding it so long.
During that long side-bar, I should have won the world's record for shortest shower ever. When I was done they were still at the sidebar for an additional ten minutes! *shakes angry and smelly fist*

What? You guys don't wear diapers thru this stuff? They're a must during hearings and dumps. No pun intended.

Finally got to listen and couldn't hear a darn thing. Fox has the worst sound system ever. Sounded like everyone was whispering.
UGH. I have no idea what they were arguing. Anything important?

Manny ~
I have found that with FOX that the volumn is terrible, but, I always use my earphones and then there is no problem at all.
In fact, sometimes you can even hear some of the sidebar stuff.

I've like FOX cause you don't have to "click" like you do on a couple of the other stations every 20 minutes or so to keep the picture.

Today though, they lost the live feed for the longest time ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member