2010.07.15 Hearing Ruling

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just kills me. He hasn't had time to look through it. Wow. What's he been doing?

OMG! Yes, what HAVE they been doing? Crazy stuff, this is.

I am so far behind. Thanks to all those keeping us informed. I will have to catch the non-live feeds of this hearing when/if they come out. I can hardly wait! Justice for Caylee! Woot!

Khaki

So Thanks to Chatty Cathy, my client, I was almost half an hour late. Did I miss the whole TES thing or wasn't it dealt with?

I will read back - but wanted the quick answer so I relax and read. Anyone?

It was worked out in sidebar before the 911 hearing began. A special magistrate will be appointed and the defense will be able to view the records and tag what they would like.

Does Mason need to talk about his hearing issue every "hearing"? It's getting old quick.

Mason has "selective hearing", IMO.

Seems like he doesn't have problems with it all sometimes, but, he sure likes to make it known when he is up front and center, that he can't always hear.

My favorite part of the hearing was when Lee took the stand and mouthed "I love you" to KC. LDB responded in a deadpan tone "I take it that you weren't directing that towards me."

OMG, I missed that! The site I was watching buffered right when Lee was going to the stand and came up again when KC was crying. Oh man, now I have to rewatch just to hear LDB. :wink:

Does Mason need to talk about his hearing issue every "hearing"? It's getting old quick.

Perhaps he wants to make sure that is in the transcripts at EVERY hearing so KC can appeal based upon...

My DP attorney couldn't hear half of what was being said. It negatively impacted my case.

hmmm forgot to mention that as my husband was bringing my baby in to go to sleep, he glanced curiously at the screen to see what I was so excited to watch and said, oh, is that her mother? pointing at ICA :O

I said that's ICA, *camera switches to CA* that is her mother

and he says well....she looks old enough to be her mother :|

I noticed and as I recall a few other posters, in the last hearing, that ICA's looking a bit old and peaked. then again now that I have seen LA today with that gray hair! eeek! perhaps in the family they just appear older faster?

darn as I was hoping ICA was having guilt ravaging her. le sigh.

Not entirely true. What I got was the judge appointed a special magistrate to make copies to be taken under review (in camera, I think) and TES agreed and withdrew motion at this time. Please - correct me if I am wrong.
I do believe you're right about this, ANJ.

What? You guys don't wear diapers thru this stuff? They're a must during hearings and dumps. No pun intended.

Well for the dumps I can at least stop what I'm doing... but I must say I was unprepared today. I didn't expect this hearing to be 10hrs long.

I'll be sure to stock up on absorbents for the next hearing just to be safe.

At the beginning of the hearing, all the attorneys talked quietly at the Judge's bench (sidebar) for quite some time, including Mark Nejame for TES. Then when they got back to their tables, Baez said he withdrew his motion. End of that. We never heard what was said.

I could swear I heard the HHJP say he would appoint a special magistrate and the defense would be able to go and view the records, then come back to court if necessary.

Does anyone have the actual LIVE LINK that comes out directly from the court room?

When Strickland was in charge, I had a link that was a courtroom link that was from the courthouse.

Does anyone know if Judge Perry's courtroom has the same thing, and if so, can ya share the link please?
TIA ~

I could swear I heard the HHJP say he would appoint a special magistrate and the defense would be able to go and view the records, then come back to court if necessary.

You may be right, at the time, I was trying to get several live feeds to work, and I may have missed a bit.

A funny thought.

When LDB was discussing Cindy's use of the word "pungent"...she explained that garlic, onions, BO may be pungent but that dead body is quite different.

Wonder if the onions and garlic comment was made based upon one of the defense team commenting on Onion breath at a hearing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Anyone recall that????

THe B.O. comment.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Off to look for references. I KNOW I AM NOT NUTS.

For those of you who could not watch, this was KC's expression during most of the hearing, including all of CA's testimony. She did shed a few tears when Lee got on the stand
Casey-court-7-15-10.jpg

Also, the defense will be able to take notes while reviewing the documents.

I missed most of the live coverage, but have been playing "catch up" here as best I can. One of our family friends (a deputy state Prosecutor here) DID send me an interesting text, however!!! She watched the whole thing and her message simply said:

MAJOR FAIL for the defense!! J.A. and L.D.B were great as usual. Baez and Cheney are surely on the express train to a GUILTY verdict. Cindy A. thinks Caylee still alive??? Whose ashes does she think she's wearing? Super freaky family! XX

My take on today's hearing.............

Cindy did better than I expected. Her temper was held in check. You could tell that she had been coached right from the beginning. When she was being questioned by JB, if she started to elaborate instead of answering with a simple "yes" or "no", she responded right on cue from JB when he stopped her elaboration and asked for a yes or no answer.

For a while I thought she was going to be absolutely truthful, but then there were little things she said that were telling. She was evasive when it came to her knowing what decomposition smelled like. She really blew it when later in her testimony in regards to a question about Caylee, she stated that she still thought Caylee is alive.

Lee seemed to be truthful. But the fact that he mouthed "I love you" when it took the stand tells us that regardless of Casey's accusation that he molested her, he's still standing by her. I did note that when his testimony was over he didn't go and sit with his parents. He either left the courtroom or was seated elsewhere outside of the camera angle.

The last witness, Debbie, Cindy's supervisor seemed very nervous and distraught that she had to testify. She did state that Cindy and George both smelled the car and knew it was the smell of decomposition. Her testimony was in opposition to Cindy's claim. I wonder what the defense goal was in calling Debbie to testify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper