2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oregon is one of the few states (from my research after hearing about transactional immunity) in which this form is granted. It means that once she would obtain this "transactional immunity" she (dds) would further be immune from ANY prosecution pertaining to the case she was testifying. I am not sure how rare or common....but being that it is available I can see her seeking it regardless... imhoo.. and in doing so she once again slows the wheels of the system..... She may think she is "winning" here (her pending transactional immunity possibly) and thus the picture of her smug smile as she walks out of the courtroom... but no one is winning here.......and that is what I think she is really missing. IMHOO (again IMHOOOOOOOO).... I think in the coming days and weeks much will be able to be explored about this but for now, to remain within TOS all I will say is it is HINKY TO ME!!!!! And there is obviously (moo) some previous connection between the two with prior knowledge.

again MOOOOOOO (milk me now)

She may be a KEY KEY witness.
Still as we all agree in this mash-up: Time to bring Kyron home.

He[Staveley] added that Spicher is not speaking to Terri Horman.

I found thay quite interesting and him feeling as tho that needed to be known, No one asked him, he just decided it needed to be known.. I wonder how come and when did they stop speaking?

Okay, several posts in this thread said Dede's attorney was just putting a spin on things. Is this just spin too?

Spicher atty. would be 'surprised' if Terri not arrested in Kyron case

KGW Posted on July 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Updated today at 6:14 PM

Spicher's attorney told NBC Dateline that he would be "surprised" if Terri was not arrested in the case.

snip

NBC Dateline was set to air a special edition about the case 10 p.m. Monday.

Spicher's attorney Chad Stavley told NBC Dateline Monday that Spicher had been, and planned to keep, cooperating with investigators.
"I would be, frankly, surprised if Terri Horman did not eventually face charges in this case," Stavley said. "I'd be surprised if the indictment didn't come down."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/DeDe-...y-99252004-kyron-horman-missing-portland.html

Yes, I agree - esp. for criminal trials of this nature where the defense has no idea what evidence there is to refute - I don't recall the defense showing up in front of the GJ.

I just didn't want to make a blanket statement, as I think sometimes defense does request to show their own evidence to the GJ to avoid trial...

bbm

Nope. Not allowed. Prosecution only. Otherwise, why not just hold the trial right then and there? GJ is only to decide if there is enough evidence to charge someone with a crime. No defense at that time.

I don't like to assume she is asking for immunity unless we hear that officially.

If she was, however, would she have to appear in front of GJ to request it? Wouldn't that be something her defense would be talking to DA about? And also, I would think a criminal defense attorney would be essential, if that was the case.

Okay, several posts in this thread said Dede's attorney was just putting a spin on things. Is this just spin too?

Spicher's attorney told NBC Dateline that he would be "surprised" if Terri was not arrested in the case.

snip

Spicher's attorney Chad Stavley told NBC Dateline Monday that Spicher had been, and planned to keep, cooperating with investigators.
"I would be, frankly, surprised if Terri Horman did not eventually face charges in this case," Stavley said. "I'd be surprised if the indictment didn't come down."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/DeDe-...y-99252004-kyron-horman-missing-portland.html

Interesting indeed!

snip

OK, There we go, kids. New attorney talks to Dateline. Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. He's in it for publicity. And, if you guys are right, and I think you are, he's out of his specialty. . Bet Houze is pizzed.

IMO

snip

YES, Beanie. Spin.
Nose for the news.
Not a criminal attorney, but still, having fun!
(moo)

snip

I don't think it's spin. I think she's already cut a deal with the DA to testify against Terri and gained immunity for herself in the process. That's my best guess. Don't have to wonder because time will tell.

Why would Dede's attorney speak out like this about an arrest? It sounds like (assuming he knows what he is doing) that he is deflecting from the fact that if true, it must be because his client has guilty knowledge.

Why would Dede's attorney speak out like this about an arrest? It sounds like (assuming he knows what he is doing) that he is deflecting from the fact that if true, it must be because his client has guilty knowledge.

Not too bright.

(IMO)

That is what I was thinking. DeDe knows something.

I found a blog by a person who went through "voir dire" for a MCGJ. He says the length of service in 4 weeks unless someone gets involved in a case that runs longer. There are three types of Grand Juries in the County according to the poster.

Here's a link and his post.

Thanks, that's interesting.
I will do some checking tomorrow and find out how it is here, just for my own curiosity. I just heard somewhere that they serve a 6-month term.

I don't like to assume she is asking for immunity unless we hear that officially.

If she was, however, would she have to appear in front of GJ to request it? Wouldn't that be something her defense would be talking to DA about? And also, I would think a criminal defense attorney would be essential, if that was the case.
not assuming... that would make an a$$ out of me! (I left out the U because I was the one posting the possibility previously and not "u" )

but transactional immunity is a legal possibility in the State of Oregon and should be (in theory at least) a point of open discussion. I personally think it will come up again in the coming days, weeks, and months of this ordeal. MOOOO

He[Staveley] added that Spicher is not speaking to Terri Horman.

I found thay quite interesting and him feeling as tho that needed to be known, No one asked him, he just decided it needed to be known.. I wonder how come and when did they stop speaking?

Thanks for that info....my question would be how could he be sure they are not speaking,lol....man I would not trust a word any of these folks lately say,lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back