2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.kptv.com/news/24499150/detail.html

I find this a bit strange. Not that she identified herself as a close friend or that she will appear in court or that they spoke on that Friday but that they haven't spoken since then. If they're close friends I'd have expected at least one "OMG I heard Kyron is missing I'm so sorry is there anything I can do?" call. Didn't Terri want to talk to her? Did CA think early on that Terri might be fingered for it and didn't want to get involved? Did they talk on one of the batphones that LE hasn't caught on yet? Were they just both too busy to have a chat? (We know that Terri had a lot of phonetime otherwise...)

Thank you for pointing that out, Donjeta. I missed it. A 'close' friend who doesn't call since the day your stepchild you've cared for for years goes missing?

Thank you for pointing that out, Donjeta. I missed it. A 'close' friend who doesn't call since the day your stepchild you've cared for for years goes missing?

unless she has talked to her on a bat phone or doesn't have any of her new numbers???? VERY ODD:furious: :banghead:

Well... we know Terri was into her electronics. She may have been in contact with CA but just did not speak to her either face-to-face or by phone. They could have texted each other.

Well, if DY & TY left after 3:00 p.m. on the first day, it sounds like KH didn't get in there until last because he left Monday after 4:00 and usually the GJ adjourns 5ish, so they had to call him back on Tuesday to finish either his testimony and/or their questioning. I don't make much of it. But thanks for the info.

Wonder why they were called to testify? Could be about Kyron?

But I could also see a Grand Jury to find out who the LE leak is that seems to be giving the parents all this detailed information. LE does not usually give that type of detail to anyone even family. LE is usually concerned about "protecting" the investigation by keeping things out of the public domain.

The can have more than one Grand Jury going on at a time. When I mentioned a possible LE leak it was because I forgot they are claiming it all came from TH. Previously, they way things were worded, many people believed that LE was asking them to release the information, ie they were speaking on LE's behalf.

So I was thinking in terms of why would DY and TY be called before a GJ. KH obviously would have potential "direct" knowledge of TH But DY and TY would unlikely have "direct" knowledge of TH for them to be called in to testify.

IMO, what little direct knowledge DY and TY would have is not worth subjecting them to GJ testimony against TH?

Now I can understand why all three would be called as witness for an investigation into Kyron's disappearance.

Witnesses told KOIN Local 6 Kaine was back Tuesday, and left shortly before 11 a.m.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...y-Young-appear-at/10QkYxWoqkyk5HGxkWOiMg.cspx

Who are the local "witnesses"? Isn't this the same news station that claimed they asked Terri Horman questions face to face with answers and all they did was run up to her car and tried to ask her a question?

What did KOIN do "hold up a picture of Kaine and asked if he showed up on Tuesday?" :crazy: :crazy:

Who are the local "witnesses"? Isn't this the same news station that claimed they asked Terri Horman questions face to face with answers and all they did was run up to her car and tried to ask her a question?

What did KOIN do "hold up a picture of Kaine and asked if he showed up on Tuesday?" :crazy: :crazy:
???????

it is a media report... that is all we have to go on right now... so I guess you either choose to believe it or not believe it...
:waitasec:

Yes, and same news outlet that published the BIG boo-boo.

IMO the witnesses were probably just some locals who were hanging out at the courthouse for whatever reason and recognized him from the news and we probably wouldn't be any wiser about the Kyron case if we knew that their names were Peter, Dick and Harry.

IMO the witnesses were probably just some locals who were hanging out at the courthouse for whatever reason and recognized him from the news and we probably wouldn't be any wiser about the Kyron case if we knew that their names were Peter, Dick and Harry.

True. Their names don't matter. What matters is who sources are in relation to the subject case, and how credible they are. That knowledge allows us to determine the reliability and accuracy of their info. When we know nothing about who a source is, we really have no way to judge that. I realize how important that is to people individually varies. It's extremely important to me, so I tend to complain about it. :)

True. Their names don't matter. What matters is who sources are in relation to the subject case, and how credible they are. That knowledge allows us to determine the reliability and accuracy of their info. When we know nothing about who a source is, we really have no way to judge that. I realize how important that is to people individually varies. It's extremely important to me, so I tend to complain about it. :)

They can't clear out the whole courthouse for the Grand Jury, or cordon off the blocks around the courthouse.

In every case where there is a Grand Jury, the media pursues the story and has people staked out in front of the courthouse. This part of the Kyron story is not that unique. JMO

You should probably discount the legally blind people, the ones who say, "Kaine who? Is that the Mayor?", the guy with the UFO protection gear and the ones who say, "Give me a fiver and I'll tell you anything you want to know" but other than that I think it would probably be a bit hard to do a background check on the witnesses credibility if you ask strangers with no connection to the case if they've seen Kaine Horman at the courthouse. I don't know what would convince you and your readers that you've talked to extremely credible characters but IMO if a few of the more sober and sane-appearing people say the same thing a reporter might reasonably report it.

Meanwhile, for a third day, a Multnomah County grand jury in Portland heard from witnesses about Kyron’s disappearance.

Prosecutors called friends and acquaintances of Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother and the last known person to see Kyron, to testify.

One woman called before the grand jury attended Terri’s 40th birthday party at a Mexican restaurant in March. She spent two and a half hours with jurors and prosecutors.

Another couple spent two hours in the prosecutor’s office.

The judge has barred cameras on the upper floors of the courthouse until next Wednesday, Aug. 11.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100010649.html

Maybe the walls are finally closing in on her and she will be arrested very very soon. JMO.

Has the birthday party got something to do with what the woman was testifying about or is it just a random irrelevant factoid about her that the reporter was able to dig up from Facebook or a blog?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back