2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know lots of people are saying otherwise, but this sure sounds like an investigative GR to me.

If this is accurate reporting:
She spent two and a half hours with jurors and prosecutors.

That's a long testimony, for someone who is not an actual witness to a crime. I'm not sure the reporting is accurate however, because firstly, no media is allowed up there (I think) so how would they actually know how long a person was sitting around waiting or whether they were testifying the whole time?
But, if it is accurate, that's a long time.
I think the media is allowed up there as the judge only barred cameras.

Whether the reporting is accurate or not could still be in question.

I might suppose that anyone brought in is going to speak to experiences with Terri, the family etc. Anything that might have been said which could point to possible motive like, "I can't stand him or his kid" or "It's just a matter of time before they both disappear from my life" or any such thing in the context of any given situation could be helpful to a case. Then of course, any pieces that speak to guilt will be explored, like "There was a red head in my rural store that looks like Terri, you'll have to look at the hazy video, asking if I had black plastic garbage bags and a 20 gallon ice chest at X o'clock."

I am thinking of the chucky hairdo case, what was his name? Oh yeah, Phil Spector. Remember the ladies who had guns shoved in their faces by that weirdo? There was debate over who could speak to this, or if this type of testimony could come in -- but a number of women were allowed to testify of their experience with the jerk, if I recall correctly. Yeah right, Lana stuck a gun in her own face -- not something anyone ever saw her do before, but it was certainly something a number of women saw Spector do "to them."

In this situation, so far, it seems as though LE feels fairly certain who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Even so, proving the case is going to be dealing with people who sit juries and I am often gobsmacked about how someone can hear evidence that seems so clear to me, yet they take an opposite stance. In a world where people can hardly agree upon the color of a car (no that is black, no that is blue), prosecutors have their work cut out for them.

Above BBM..
wrinkles, you are spot on with the last part of your post(aboveBBM). Speaking on that exact thought is that for instance we, here at WS are all of the "pool" from which the jurors[for both GJ and Trial Jury] are so randomly drawn from. That said, just look at the W-I-D-E AND BROAD spectrum of the very many DIFFERENT(and sometimes polar OPPOSITE) views of the many aspects of just this case alone. With each us standing fairly firmly(atleast the majority are sure with the little facts known of who in our opinion was at the very least "involved" in Kyron's "disappearance")in our opinion of who WAS or was NOT involved...

With the opinions and views so very drastically varying (in this case as well as many others)IMO it truly is a wonder that juries EVER come to a joint decision of GUILT or of NOT GUILT....

If Dede was cooperating, wouldn't she have been in there a while like everyone else seems to be? It makes me think she is working out a deal, which may mean she has information? Surely she has more than some of these folks, if she was staying with Terri for a week or more.

Personally, I would like to know what the relationship between TH and DS is like right now! We could probably deduce a lot just by knowing that.

Witnesses continue to be called before Kyron Horman grand jury
Published: Thursday, August 05, 2010, 3:48 PM
Updated: Thursday, August 05, 2010, 3:58 PM
Oregonian

The grand jury is expected to run, at least, through next week. Presiding Judge Jean Kerr Maurer issued an order through Aug. 11 restricting any audio or visual recording of witnesses coming or going from the grand jury room.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/witnesses_continue_to_be_calle.html

Not sure if this belongs here, but I found KATU's video Chelsea Alshire after the GJ interesting. She's angry, and her comment about "you guys have it wrong" was pretty emphatic.

I find it amazing that so many people being called are so protective of TH, but it would fit with my theory that they felt (perhaps before TH could admit it herself) that TH needed protecting.

It appears to me that Terri has some very loyal friends.

From the article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...pear-before-grand/2Ls683NdO0mfFAKnUn2ZHQ.cspx

"I can't tell you what happened, but I can tell you that you guys are going down a dead end," Aleshire said just before she entered the courthouse.

“She (Terri) was my friend, I talked to her that day as a friend, and that’s all,” she added.

It appears to me that Terri has some very loyal friends.

From the article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...pear-before-grand/2Ls683NdO0mfFAKnUn2ZHQ.cspx

"I can't tell you what happened, but I can tell you that you guys are going down a dead end," Aleshire said just before she entered the courthouse.

“She (Terri) was my friend, I talked to her that day as a friend, and that’s all,” she added.

I'd be very curious to know what these very loyal friends of Terri's have to say about her trying to hire someone to kill her husband and sexting and sending provocative photos of herself in the days following Kyron's disappearance?

Does this mean she knows what happened and can't tell or does this mean she doesn't have a clue as to what happened and is believing what TMH has told her is the truth?JMO

I watched the clip on Fox 12, and how they reported it is that she only talked to TH that
day and has not talked to her since.
She did have a message for TH, that she is praying for her and her family..
(not an exact quote but that was the general idea)

I'd be very curious to know what these very loyal friends of Terri's have to say about her trying to hire someone to kill her husband and sexting and sending provocative photos of herself in the days following Kyron's disappearance?

I keep searching, desperately, for any incriminating evidence that does not come, directly or indirectly from Kaine (or couldn't possibly be him trying to frame her). It wouldn't take much for me to say that's not possible, one damning thing he doesn't (our couldn't possibly) have his hand in. I really don't want to believe it (except then I have more hope Kyron is alive).

I just can't find anything.

Not sure if this belongs here, but I found KATU's video Chelsea Alshire after the GJ interesting. She's angry, and her comment about "you guys have it wrong" was pretty emphatic.

I find it amazing that so many people being called are so protective of TH, but it would fit with my theory that they felt (perhaps before TH could admit it herself) that TH needed protecting.

IMHO.. Terri doesn't need protecting but IF her friends are innocent they are the ones who needed protection... From her..JMO

I keep searching, desperately, for any incriminating evidence that does not come, directly or indirectly from Kaine (or couldn't possibly be him trying to frame her). It wouldn't take much for me to say that's not possible, one damning thing he doesn't (our couldn't possibly) have his hand in. I really don't want to believe it (except then I have more hope Kyron is alive).

I just can't find anything.

I'm certain Terri and company are working hard to attempt to get people to believe Kaine is framing her.. But, I'm not buying it...JMO

I watched the clip on Fox 12, and how they reported it is that she only talked to TH that
day and has not talked to her since.
She did have a message for TH, that she is praying for her and her family..
(not an exact quote but that was the general idea)

freefallzzzz... Do you have a link? TYIA

If this is accurate reporting:
She spent two and a half hours with jurors and prosecutors.

That's a long testimony, for someone who is not an actual witness to a crime. I'm not sure the reporting is accurate however, because firstly, no media is allowed up there (I think) so how would they actually know how long a person was sitting around waiting or whether they were testifying the whole time?
But, if it is accurate, that's a long time.

Right! it is a long time. This witness may have sat with Dede and Terry at the Mexican Hat Margarita birthday party (pic of TH and DS together at a table, TH is wearing a sombrero), and/or observed interaction. With 2+ hours, there's interaction questions at that minimum about DD+TH. So, perhaps the photo is a souvenir of TH out with a closer group of friends
celebrating a special occasion. This person would be a third person possibly at that Friends' table that night.

Verrrryyyy interesting.

Media guesstimates time duration by staking out the joint. They watch witnesses and others come and go (in DC they watch the lawyers come and go). They cooperate with one another via text. Paparazzi do it that way too.

STILL: THIS is what they have? Boy oh boy. She may not get indicted this time. Sometimes they have to go twice, and bring new evidence the second time. This is mainly to see what they have. Which looks like not much. We all know they need Kyron to tell them what happened. :(

I've said this already, but this is really sounding like an investigative GR...did someone say whether or not they ever use them in Oregon?

Am anxious to hear if and when teachers and others from the school will start coming in, if they haven't already. Especially the little boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back