2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wonder what is going to happen next wednesday, Aug 11th???

I imagine that they have a back-up of people called each day, and they are sitting in the hallway waiting to be called, which is why the judge nixed the cameras on that floor.

Nice jesture on the judges part.

Keep up the pace with the GJ.
It is just a matter of time now.

jmho

I see an arrest coming soon. No way they are doing all this for informational purposes only. They are collecting as much on TH as they can before they charge her. IMO
Because, the clock starts as soon as they charge her.

IMO She's going down. I just wish she would tell them where Kyron is.

I might suppose that anyone brought in is going to speak to experiences with Terri, the family etc. Anything that might have been said which could point to possible motive like, "I can't stand him or his kid" or "It's just a matter of time before they both disappear from my life" or any such thing in the context of any given situation could be helpful to a case. Then of course, any pieces that speak to guilt will be explored, like "There was a red head in my rural store that looks like Terri, you'll have to look at the hazy video, asking if I had black plastic garbage bags and a 20 gallon ice chest at X o'clock."

I am thinking of the chucky hairdo case, what was his name? Oh yeah, Phil Spector. Remember the ladies who had guns shoved in their faces by that weirdo? There was debate over who could speak to this, or if this type of testimony could come in -- but a number of women were allowed to testify of their experience with the jerk, if I recall correctly. Yeah right, Lana stuck a gun in her own face -- not something anyone ever saw her do before, but it was certainly something a number of women saw Spector do "to them."

In this situation, so far, it seems as though LE feels fairly certain who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Even so, proving the case is going to be dealing with people who sit juries and I am often gobsmacked about how someone can hear evidence that seems so clear to me, yet they take an opposite stance. In a world where people can hardly agree upon the color of a car (no that is black, no that is blue), prosecutors have their work cut out for them.

I'm at least just glad to hear the investigation is moving along. It can be tough for us sometimes when we aren't really hearing much. We start to wonder if they're doing anything at all or if they're at a dead end. Knowing they have several people each day going in front of the GJ is great news!

Meanwhile, for a third day, a Multnomah County grand jury in Portland heard from witnesses about Kyron’s disappearance.

Prosecutors called friends and acquaintances of Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother and the last known person to see Kyron, to testify.

One woman called before the grand jury attended Terri’s 40th birthday party at a Mexican restaurant in March. She spent two and a half hours with jurors and prosecutors.
Another couple spent two hours in the prosecutor’s office.

The judge has barred cameras on the upper floors of the courthouse until next Wednesday, Aug. 11.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100010649.html

Thank you for the link.

BBM The 2 1/2 hours spent was probably 2 hours and 15 minutes waiting then 15 minutes in front of Jurors. IMO This woman and the birthday party are all she knows of th so she can only attest to th on that celebratory day. gmab. But I'm glad the GJ is listening to everyone. i want a solid indictment.

I think the birthday party connection was just something the reporter dug up somewhere to connect this witness with Terri. There's nothing in the article to imply that the birthday party has anything to do with what this witness will be asked to testify about.

What is the 11th?? Is it the judge that set that date? In advance? Could this be a very through judge and set that as a closing date for the GJ?

What is the 11th?? Is it the judge that set that date? In advance? Could this be a very through judge and set that as a closing date for the GJ?

I'm thinking somebody would have to give an estimate of how long to keep cameras away, and they came up with the 11th (a Wednesday).

The first person we heard of, Dede, was on Monday, July 26, so that would be an estimate given of 2 1/2 weeks.

No idea if that means anything lol.

Wonder if DeDe was called back in?? Was she given immunity?? Anyone know whats up with that??

Wonder if DeDe was called back in?? Was she given immunity?? Anyone know whats up with that??

Excellent question. I would also like to know. I am surprised the media hasn't been up DeDe's lawyers butt asking exactly that.

If this is accurate reporting:
She spent two and a half hours with jurors and prosecutors.

That's a long testimony, for someone who is not an actual witness to a crime. I'm not sure the reporting is accurate however, because firstly, no media is allowed up there (I think) so how would they actually know how long a person was sitting around waiting or whether they were testifying the whole time?
But, if it is accurate, that's a long time.

Why am I envisioning this person testifying in a huge sombrero, holding a margarita and maracas?

You crack me up! LMBO This birthday party has been mentioned so many times, I can actually visualize Terri in the big Sombrero, getting her birthday pic taken!

just posted this in the media thread... but one friend seems to be explaining a bit about what they are asking the friends in the gj:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sources-2-friends-gave-Terri-Horman-cell-phones-100052359.html

Sources, including one who has spoken with investigators, told KGW that at least two friends of Terri's purchased cell phones for her in the days after Kyron’s disappearance.
Investigators were calling those friends and others in front of the grand jury for sworn statements on what they did and why they did it.
Investigators were also still working to pin down the exact movements of Terri Horman on the day her stepson disappeared, as well as on the exact movements of her friend, DeDe Spicer.
Some of the testimony was expected to focus on people who saw and dealt with the women on the day Kyron vanished.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back