2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe she is doing that - to save her own neck. :furious:

I won't be moon walking or sending her a halo. She could have told the police a long time ago! Geesh!

Well, I guess we won't know until there's a trial exactly what she knew and when.

Unless, of course, her attorney keeps blabbing to the media.

Well, I guess we won't know until there's a trial exactly what she knew and when.

Unless, of course, her attorney keeps blabbing to the media.

I think the police are interested in what she was doing on the day Kyron disappeared, and did she have contact with TH on that day. Otherwise her testimony wouldn't be as valuable.

My point is just that no matter when she heard something or saw something or knew something, she could have come forward on her own long ago. When I think of how many searches and rumors there have been while she sat there knowing something, I just don't think that's the right thing to do.

Interesting that, although they are both fitness enthusiasts, both appears to have put on weight in recent years. I thought about TH having that happen perhaps because of baby weight and also if she had become depressed after the birth. But I wonder what might have prompted the change with DDS.

According to her blog, she was saving up for plastic surgery for her abdomen, due to the effects of weight loss/weight gain/weight loss issues. So, it would seem to me that she has had issues with weight for a while.

Maybe she is doing that - to save her own neck. :furious:

I won't be moon walking or sending her a halo. She could have told the police a long time ago! Geesh!

I didn't mean to make light of the situation and I hope I didn't offend anybody. You are absolutely right. I have stated in eariler posts, had I been in Dede's shoes and gleaned any information from my contact with TH, I would have been on my cell phone trying to find out the name of my contact person at the homicide department as I hauled booty to the authorities as fast as I could get there. I definately didn't mean Dede should get any brownie points for doing what most of us with human decency would do, I was just expressing how elated I would be for one of these numbskulls to finally tell the police everything they know to find the little guy.

I think the police are interested in what she was doing on the day Kyron disappeared, and did she have contact with TH on that day. Otherwise her testimony wouldn't be as valuable.

My point is just that no matter when she heard something or saw something or knew something, she could have come forward on her own long ago. When I think of how many searches and rumors there have been while she sat there knowing something, I just don't think that's the right thing to do.

I understand. What I was trying to say and not really succeeding is that until it comes out in trial (or she or her attorney decide to talk to media), we really don't know that she even had any relevant information on what happened to Kyron. It could well be that the parents believe that since Dede was a good friend, she MUST know something; and if DeDe advised Terri and others to hire attorneys before talking to LE, I can see where the parents would see that as her interfering in the case. That doesn't make it true, though.

I didn't mean to make light of the situation and I hope I didn't offend anybody. You are absolutely right. I have stated in eariler posts, had I been in Dede's shoes and gleaned any information from my contact with TH, I would have been on my cell phone trying to find out the name of my contact person at the homicide department as I hauled booty to the authorities as fast as I could get there. I definately didn't mean Dede should get any brownie points for doing what most of us with human decency would do, I was just expressing how elated I would be for one of these numbskulls to finally tell the police everything they know to find the little guy.

No offense taken here... :p Everyone here is entitled to their opinion... In fact, I found your comment enlightening (sp) since I have been on this thread from the very beginning.... thanks... :blowkiss:

IMHO..IF Ms. DeDe S has any information concerning what may have happened to Kyron and didn't come forward willingly and after being subpoenaed is still holding out to get immunity than she doesn't deserve to be breathing air either...

What in the HELL-O is wrong with these women that they can't relate to the pain and suffering they have inflicted on others who desperately need answers as to what has happened to an innocent child...Not to mention what TMH has most probably done to Kyron and DS may have knowledge of....
I just can't get past an innocent adorable little boy is most likely deceased and their ONLY concern is to cover and protect their OWN oversized rear ends......JMO

This is important. I don't recall hearing the gym check-out time before. Happen to have a link on this version of timeline? If poss, thx.

Sources detail Terri’s timeline day Kyron disappeared

According to multiple sources, Terri Moulton Horman says she left Skyline School at 8:45 in the morning without Kyron the day he disappeared and that between 8:45 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. she ran errands at local grocery stores and can prove it.

snip

Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri said she drove her daughter K around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because K had an earache. She said she was trying to soothe the toddler with the motion of the vehicle.

snip

At 11:39 a.m., Terri checked in at a 24-hour Fitness in Beaverton on Waterhouse Avenue and worked out for about an hour until 12:40 p.m.

By 1:21, Terri said she'd traveled home - a distance of nearly 11 miles - and was posting photos on Facebook she'd taken that morning of Kyron standing with his science project and of his friend, K, standing with his.

Sources said she also e-mailed the teacher to find out when she could come pick up the project as she had not taken it home.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html

I don't see them offering that to someone they suspect did the crime... but I wonder.

What if Dede is guaranteed this particular this type of immunity, then drops the bomb during trial and confesses to everything? That would get them both off "scot free"? Terri couldn't be tried on the same charge, and Dede has immunity.

Do I watch too much TV???

I am not a lawyer and the following may be completely without merit.

A confession alone isn't worth much. There must be supporting evidence. Were DDS to do this, she'd have to answer how Kyron left school without witnesses, how she met up with Kyron that day, how she killed him, where his body is, etc.

She would also have to finesse any possible federal charges; the transactional immunity only protects her from state charges. While double jeopardy protects her from being tried twice for the same crime, there are often differences between the state and federal statutes that can be exploited by prosecutors willing to take a risk. Under such a scenario, I think the prosecutors would be furious and looking for the tiniest scaps of whatever they could charge her with.

Under this scenario, TMH would probably not be cleared, she'd probably be charged as an accomplice. It appears that DDS was at work during the time period when Kyron disappeared from the school, so how did he get out of the school if not for TMH? If the confession were that DDS and TMH traded places for the morning, starting at, say, 7:45 am, then the instant Kyron went missing, TMH became an accomplice.

I just don't think this is a workable scenario. Sorry.

Watch the interview with Meredith and the Former Police Capt. of Mult. Co. He sheds some light about DDS and the GJ

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38426420#38426420

ETA: It's after the story

Thanks for that. So it looks like DDS didn't actually testify yet -- only answered questions given by LE? Also found it interesting that one of the atty's said DDS was home all day and never left. That's the first time I heard that, as I thought she did leave the home (while doing gardening).

Thanks,

Mel

A confession alone isn't worth much. There must be supporting evidence. Were DDS to do this, she'd have to answer how Kyron left school without witnesses, how she met up with Kyron that day, how she killed him, where his body is, etc.

She would also have to finesse any possible federal charges; the transactional immunity only protects her from state charges. While double jeopardy protects her from being tried twice for the same crime, there are often differences between the state and federal statutes that can be exploited by prosecutors willing to take a risk. Under such a scenario, I think the prosecutors would be furious and looking for the tiniest scaps of whatever they could charge her with.

Under this scenario, TMH would probably not be cleared, she'd probably be charged as an accomplice. It appears that DDS was at work during the time period when Kyron disappeared from the school, so how did he get out of the school if not for TMH? If the confession were that DDS and TMH traded places for the morning, starting at, say, 7:45 am, then the instant Kyron went missing, TMH became an accomplice.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't likely. I was just a bit alarmed that someone there can be granted this type of immunity and never be charged if it comes out later that they are involved.

Regarding what I bolded... it's reported in the above link that DeDe's attorney stated that she never left her home that morning. Interesting...

Thanks for that. So it looks like DDS didn't actually testify yet -- only answered questions given by LE? Also found it interesting that one of the atty's said DDS was home all day and never left. That's the first time I heard that, as I thought she did leave the home (while doing gardening).

Thanks,

Mel

Wasn't the story that she had been working at another home, not far from the Hormans' ?

Now we're being told that she never left HER home that morning?

WTH ?

Wasn't the story that she had been working at another home, not far from the Hormans' ?

Now we're being told that she never left HER home that morning?

WTH ?

I think that came from KGW's "reliable source" ?? IIRC

Poor Kyron is the victim!!!
Someone has to tell where he is!!!
IMO, did TH study Haleigh's case???
or find a book on how to make someone disappear???
How can any human being not tell where and what happened to a 7 year old?
Is DD going to clam up on any knowlege she has?
Being called to a GJ or LE at my door would scare me to death!!

I'm just throwing my :twocents: in here but my take was that in the above scenerio DDS confessing to everything meaning she had a potential role as an accomplice and assisted TMH in carrying out the crime.

I am curious if DDS has been completely candid with her attorney thus far because I remember credible reports about the client she was gardening for that morning was located near the Horman home, the client had prepared a nice lunch for the both of them and DDS had left the job unannounced.....the client called her cell phone and she did not answer or return to the job until around 1 p.m. A second client also came forward and said she could not reach DDS on her cell phone during that same time frame. I will try to find the source and post as soon as I can locate it.

It is odd that the attorney for DDS is stating she was home all day when the client she was gardening for that morning made a statement about DDS working that day, making the lunch and not being able to locate DDS or contact her. Have I completely confused myself, anyone reading my posts or all of the above???? The answer to that question is YES!

I just re-read previous reports and none of them referred to Dede's clients. In regards to information that contradicts the attorney's statement saying that she was at home on the morning of question:
- most say the learned about the gardening scenerio from "reliable sources"
- a few were more specifice stating that detectives or investigators spoke directly with the homeowner where she was gardening and a person that she was working with that morning.
One snip from Oregon Live is as follows:

Detectives learned that Spicher, who shares Terri Horman's passion for fitness and gardening, was doing gardening work for a Northwest Portland homeowner on June 4. She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

Another person working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and the homeowner called Spicher on her cell phone but she wasn't reachable. Detectives have questioned both the homeowner and the other person who was working at the home that day.

I am very interested to learn what the different perspectives are on the subject. My personal belief is that most of us would be shocked to learn how many people lie to their attorneys. On the other hand, if it is true that she was gardening with another person for a homeowner that saw her also, one would think this isn't something she would try to lie about.

Any hoo, I am sorry for declaring that actual clients had made any statements. Hopefully I have finished making this any more wack a doo than it already had become.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't likely. I was just a bit alarmed that someone there can be granted this type of immunity and never be charged if it comes out later that they are involved.

Regarding what I bolded... DeDe's attorney stated in the above linked report that she never left her home that morning. Interesting...

It is a grave thing to take away a person's constitutional rights. It should carry an enormous price attached for the government, in order to discourage government officials from doing it capriciously or frivolously.

That her attorney says she was home all that morning is really interesting. Makes me wonder if the nature of the evidence that DDS may have is in the nature of receiving a phone call from TMH.

I'm just throwing my :twocents: in here but my take was that in the above scenerio DDS confessing to everything meaning she had a potential role as an accomplice and assisted TMH in carrying out the crime.

I am curious if DDS has been completely candid with her attorney thus far because I remember credible reports about the client she was gardening for that morning was located near the Horman home, the client had prepared a nice lunch for the both of them and DDS had left the job unannounced.....the client called her cell phone and she did not answer or return to the job until around 1 p.m. A second client also came forward and said she could not reach DDS on her cell phone during that same time frame. I will try to find the source and post as soon as I can locate it.

It is odd that the attorney for DDS is stating she was home all day when the client she was gardening for that morning made a statement about DDS working that day, making the lunch and not being able to locate DDS or contact her. Have I completely confused myself, anyone reading my posts or all of the above????

I don't think the report quoted the client, but a "reliable source" (thanks, free) who claimed to have knowledge of this.

Have there been any reports where the client is actually named and quoted?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back