2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DY also made it very clear that she asked if TH was there, and then called TH on her cell phone. Why didn't she ask if KH was there...and call him on his cell phone (whether or not he was there)?

That, if anything else, seems odd to me, considering how DY has maintained her dislike of TH-but she calls TH and not KH during this crisis? (not bashing, just curious).

Greetings all. I thought that this is what I heard:

School sec called D and told her Kyron was missing.
D asked if Kaine and T were there.
Sec told D that T was there.
D says she called T.

In general, I think the slant of the show was a good mirror representation of how the case has unfolded over the past weeks. Sure hope there are more answers tomorrow.

Desiree talking about how strange it felt for Terri to try to be hugging and touching her during that TV appearance with all four parents. She didn't care for that.

Yes, it was pretty obvious about how uncomfortable Desiree felt just by watching that presser -- and then, in interviews previous to this with Kaine, Desiree confirmed all our body language intuition about it.

IMO

I mostly agree with you here as it directly pertains to the relationships between all those directly involved; however, it would help if the stories were the same. I am reading along so I may be mistaken, but it seems like Desiree said Kaine cheated, while Kaine is asserting that they were already broken up when he and Terri got together. Conflicting accounts don't help at all in this case.

I think it is a matter of different perspectives and of a desire to not fully admit something KH is ashamed of. Any time a person engages in behavior s/he is ashamed of, it is hard not to not make it look prettier to themselves and others. In such a situation, most people begin rationalizing their behavior.

In his mind, at least in retrospect, his marriage was over for all intents and purposes, but they still lived together because his wife was pregnant with his child.

In her mind, since they still lived together and she was pregnant with their child, there was still a chance they would stay together.

Naturally, a husband who screws around on his pregnant wife, and then leaves her when the baby is born, is not thought of as an honorable man by most people. His actions were reprehensible. To make excuses for them is human.

All IMO, of course. I was not there.

One thing I will say about this interview is that the "trio" were not interviewed together.
I still wonder if Kaine will be the next person "voted off the island". I expect TY & DY will seek custody if Kyron is returned.

JMO

Sleuthy, the fact that KH had a pregnant wife at home and started an affair with TH (or anyone) speaks equally to his character adn what kind of person he is. It's not fair to blame one-half of the duet when adultery is involved.

Frankly, he had the greater responsibility (as far as I know TH wasn't cheating on a spouse), and he created a massive FAIL of character. We don't know--maybe he told her that the divorce papers would be signed after the baby was born and his name was on the birth certificat. Married men having affairs tend to say all kinds of things. Or maybe he didn't, and TH wasn't bothered by having an affair any more than he apparently was.

Let's not give the male a free pass on what was wrong for both parties. IMHO.

D says she called T.

In general, I think the slant of the show was a good mirror representation of how the case has unfolded over the past weeks. Sure hope there are more answers tomorrow.

:aktion033:

Thank you!

Yes, Etilema, this info has been discussed on WS on several different threads. I believe BeanE has it all collected very nicely in the timeline on the main page for Ky.

UNTIL DY specifically said in one of her interviews with Kaine that she and Terri were NOT friends, the "bizarre" and "detailed, specific story" you mention was perceived to be true for quite a while after it was first published in The Oregonian on, I believe the second Saturday Ky was missing. It sounded fishy to me from the beginning. Just sayin'...

I'm so glad the truth has been coming out about DY and TH, especially because I felt DY was getting a bum rap for a long time because of being reported to "be long term friends" with someone like Terri.

There are facts, links to back all this up right on our website.

And, please know that my disdain for TH is MOO and that I've had that opinion about her for a long time. There has never really been a fence for me to sit on -- although I have :banghead: a LOT over this and other erroneous info repeated and repeated in this case.

Bolding mine>
You mirror my feelings well. TH was the last known adult entrusted with Kyron's care. LE could never clear her. Red flag right away with her telling them she was at the school when her phone records placed her 10 miles away. And much much more...

In the great scheme of things and as they relate to Kyron's disappearance, does it really matter whether or not Desiree says Kaine cheated or Kaine says they were living separate lives under the same roof? I mean, honestly, I could care less if they both were committing adultry with every John and Jane Doe they came across or whatever the case may be, it has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that Kyron is missing and has been missing since he was last seen at the school with his step-mother who is not cooperating with authorities. I could care less if Terri Horman was sexting with the President as it has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that Kyron is still missing.

I don't think Desiree needed to talk about the fact Kaine cheated on her. I mean, I am very sympathetic to DY, but why talk about these intimate details? How will that help bring Kyron home?? It just makes her look more like a victim (which she is) and keeps painting both Kaine and Terri as the bad guys. But why then did she trust her precious child with them??

I do hear what you are saying, but I assume Desiree is on beyond her last nerve or at least I would be. I also think she is overly tired of the repeated press saying they were long-time friends, etc. I don't blame her for her feelings and perhaps trying to "correct" the in-accurate record. It must be like rubbing salt into the wound KWIM? Not sure I could take the high road, given all the circumstances, but she sure has tried over the last number of weeks.

I still wonder if Kaine will be the next person "voted off the island". I expect TY & DY will seek custody if Kyron is returned.

JMO

Yep. Good post. I think KH has already been voted off DY and TY's island.

This is one of those times for me, that if Terri is guilty, she is both too cunning and too stupid for words, and I don't mean that as a flippant slam. I mean that literally. She planned this rather elaborate abduction and probably a murder as well, carried it out rather successfully thus far, but didn't envision that Desiree would come to Portland upon hearing her son was missing? It's just a little off, IMHO.

Also, what constitutes surprised? What is DY's interpretation of TH being surprised? Did Terri ask something along the lines of, "You're coming right now?" Is that the smoking gun with regard to this aspect of the case? The more and more this case relies on the nitpicks, the more and more concerned I become about the direction.

I don't want to delve into the rumor mill, but it's entirely possible that Desiree wasn't quite as involved in Kyron's life as we're being led to believe, and that Terri was simply surprised, in that moment, that she'd drop everything and come straight to Portland. I have little linkable evidence to back up the aforementioned opinion, but I will say that Kyron received a fishing pole for Christmas and TY said he'd been planning to finally take Kyron on fishing trip so he could use his new fishing pole. If you're actively involved in your stepson's life, six months is a long time to wait to take a little boy fishing to use his Christmas present. If Terri was in TY's position, she'd be crucified for how inattentive she was of him and how she didn't care enough to take him fishing so he could use his Christmas present.

I'll just go ahead and duck the tomatoes.

No need to duck! You did a really good job explaining your point of view and I respect it. I agree that Desiree's interpretation of "surprise" on Terri's part is subjective and don't give that particular issue much weight anyway.

I remember Tony breaking down in tears in one interview or statement they gave, talking about how he was finally gonna get to take Kyron fishing. If that were the only gift he received, it would be kind of sad to have to wait so long to use it -- however, do fish even bite during the winter months? Might've had to wait til at least spring to go anyway, so maybe the delay wasn't quite as long as it seems.

I feel that probably wasn't the only present he received. Did you see his room? He had all kinds of toys in there, special bedding, etc. I know we're getting kinda out there with this particular discussion, but I bet he got lots of other presents, too, and it was just that one they hadn't had a chance to use yet. It was so significant to them because they were finally gonna get to take him fishing soon. At least Tony was...not sure if Desiree was included in that outing or not.

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to get to the point that I don't think the fishing rod issue is any indication of how involved DY and TY were in Kyron's life. And regardless how often someone sees another person, it doesn't diminish the love you have for them one bit or the urgency you'd feel if something were to happen to them.

Don't ever feel like you have to duck...it's good to toss ideas around with each other and see what shakes out when we mix it up! :)

Sleuthy, the fact that KH had a pregnant wife at home and started an affair with TH (or anyone) speaks equally to his character adn what kind of person he is. It's not fair to blame one-half of the duet when adultery is involved.

Frankly, he had the greater responsibility (as far as I know TH wasn't cheating on a spouse), and he created a massive FAIL of character. We don't know--maybe he told her that the divorce papers would be signed after the baby was born and his name was on the birth certificat. Married men having affairs tend to say all kinds of things. Or maybe he didn't, and TH wasn't bothered by having an affair any more than he apparently was.

Nope not at all, wasn't trying to do that, he is more to blame than her, but I thought by other posts that had already been established so just wanted to point out she was no better, that's all ;)

well, whoops, there it is.
*stares at the skeleton that fell out of dateline*
and this time ... it's from the other closet.

D says she called T.

Not to be hung up on this (pun unintentionally intended) but reading it this way, DY knew that KH was there and still talked to TH...although I am not sure about what you are alluding to in the bolded (bbm).

Again, I am still confused about why she would call TH and not KH (read this way she knew he was there as well). If I had a choice b/w talking a woman I hate and a man I used to love, i would be on the phone with him in a heartbeat "wth is going on, where is our son?" would be my top two questions.

Also, if Kaine maintains to this day that he and Desiree were broken up when he began his relationship with Terri, then might Terri have been under that assumption as well? This is a classic tactic used by men who cheat. If DY believed TH was just as guilty in the affair, then that would forever bias her opinion of Terri, but what if Terri really didn't know? It's interesting to note that Kaine's ex-sister-in-law (not Terri's friend as the rumor perpetuates) is the one who stated that Terri moved in to help with the baby (Kyron). In this case, the lie doesn't seem to be coming from Terri.

This is one of those times for me, that if Terri is guilty, she is both too cunning and too stupid for words, and I don't mean that as a flippant slam. I mean that literally. She planned this rather elaborate abduction and probably a murder as well, carried it out rather successfully thus far, but didn't envision that Desiree would come to Portland upon hearing her son was missing? It's just a little off, IMHO.

Also, what constitutes surprised? What is DY's interpretation of TH being surprised? Did Terri ask something along the lines of, "You're coming right now?" Is that the smoking gun with regard to this aspect of the case? The more and more this case relies on the nitpicks, the more and more concerned I become about the direction.

I don't want to delve into the rumor mill, but it's entirely possible that Desiree wasn't quite as involved in Kyron's life as we're being led to believe, and that Terri was simply surprised, in that moment, that she'd drop everything and come straight to Portland. I have little linkable evidence to back up the aforementioned opinion, but I will say that Kyron received a fishing pole for Christmas and TY said he'd been planning to finally take Kyron on fishing trip so he could use his new fishing pole. If you're actively involved in your stepson's life, six months is a long time to wait to take a little boy fishing to use his Christmas present. If Terri was in TY's position, she'd be crucified for how inattentive she was of him and how she didn't care enough to take him fishing so he could use his Christmas present.

I'll just go ahead and duck the tomatoes.

I don't find it odd that in a very cold weather area that a parent who doesn't have custody would take til June to take a kid fishing. JMO

True enough but he's not responsible for Kyron's kidnapped status; his soon-to-be-ex is I believe. My opinion.

Also apparently it wasn't a problem and they all moved on with their lives and obviously TH moved on with her diabolical plans to murder her husband, kidnap her baby daughter and kidnap poor missing Kyron. For shame to say the least. All my opinion based on news of the case. I'm extremely confident it will come out in court and adultry will not be the main issue. It goes to character of deceit of the soon-to-be-defendant imo. Many witness will be in court testifying against her and Kaine will not be on trial MO.

I do hear what you are saying, but I assume Desiree is on beyond her last nerve or at least I would be. I also think she is overly tired of the repeated press saying they were long-time friends, etc. I don't blame her for her feelings and perhaps trying to "correct" the in-accurate record. It must be like rubbing salt into the wound KWIM? Not sure I could take the high road, given all the circumstances, but she sure has tried over the last number of weeks.

I think that DY had the absolute right to set things straight about the "friendship" and how it all came about. And yes, it's relevant--it speaks to Kaine's character, just as people say that some things speak to TH's character. I.E., sauce/goose/gander. So far, KH has been held up as someone absolutely totally believable and trusthworthy in everything he says and does. Nope, he's not.

And frankly, I don't think he should have sole custody of baby K--which is a whole other matter.

Yes, it was pretty obvious about how uncomfortable Desiree felt just by watching that presser -- and then, in interviews previous to this with Kaine, Desiree confirmed all our body language intuition about it.

IMO

However, in the second presser, Terri reached for Desiree's hand and seemed to miss it. Desiree then reached for Terri's hand. Don't know what it means, if anything, but she did and they held hands for a while (I'm not sure of the exact amount of time).

Kaine was told by LE that Terri had tried to hire a hitman. He didn't say he had been told by anyone before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member