2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No the reward was from a donor, the time it is available is after 3pm, i believe

and as far as how they described the parents being deprived of Kyron, this is the new way of saying they don't know what happened to him...and possibly that a charge of depriving parents of a child can be brought?

Interesting. Maybe they are setting up for this:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KIDNAPPING AND RELATED OFFENSES[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.215 Definitions for ORS 163.215 to 163.257[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.225 Kidnapping in the second degree[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.235 Kidnapping in the first degree[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.245 Custodial interference in the second degree[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.257 Custodial interference in the first degree[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.261 Definitions for ORS 163.263 and 163.264[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.263 Subjecting another person to involuntary servitude in the second degree[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.264 Subjecting another person to involuntary servitude in the first degree[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.266 Trafficking in persons[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]163.269 Victim assertion of defense of duress[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/163.html

Wow - so Kaine didn't know TH was drinking for months, then got a DUI? Wow - just wow. How do you drink yourself to sleep without your spouse not knowing about it.

s/bbm

I don't believe that at all. No way in hell --- IF he was living and sleeping with the woman --- that he didn't realize she was drinking herself to sleep. No. Way.

And if I heard it correctly, Kaine claims Terri's son was sent away because of all that went on with Kyron's disappearance, yet we know he left their home long before (in March? earlier? gotta dig up the father's interview). I wish the reporter would have called him on that.

Agree it was odd.....
However, with a hardcore alcoholic-in-recovery for a brother- oh yes they can drink right under your nose and have no one know.
Not a thing.
I have wondered about TH's drug/alcohol issues right from the get go.

Ever been with someone who drank themselves to sleep? Or been there when someone who'd been drinking the night before wakes up?

Phew.... they may be able to hide their drinking, or control their behavior around others, but they can't control the smell.

Let's stay on topic folks. I'm seeing a lot of posts about things that are being discussed in other threads and have nothing to do with today's presser.

Well, for what it is worth...

a. I'm not angry about the news conference, I'm not angry with LE. I am angry with whoever did this to Kyron as they haven't made it easy for them to be cleanly busted and immediately so. I am angry that someone has deprived these parents of their son for 53 days. I am angry when someone spills some beans that prevents something to be used in a trial to convict a perp.

b. The audio file on this page: (scroll down) I appreciate these people speaking candidly, yet carefully. They really owe me nothing -- I owe them my prayers and support. My hope is that something they share dings a bell for someone who has some pertinent knowledge that can assist in solving this case. I can't imagine how hard these discussions are for them, how they must walk on eggshells, and how they must live from day to day wondering "what next" -- and with so many days of the "what next" not being "picking up Kyron safely."

There was some relevant information in that audio file, in my estimation -- now if I can just remember it.

I was kind of interested in how the press doesn't seem to be talking to each other much....IME...usually they're all kind of playing each other after a press like that. Thoughts?

I heard a lot of mumbled comments. I bet they were saying things we can't repeat here, too.

This PC reinforced the fear that I have, that there is a wildcard in this case. Someone very smart or very lucky that has been overlooked, and is now content to sit and watch the chaos and everyone chasing their tails. I came away feeling that, although LE is doing everything they can, they are not that close yet.

It's just MOO and fear.

I have honestly been so touched by Kyron, he looks a lot like my grandson, and seems like such a sweet little trusting boy, which actually makes me feel worse for him, that trust must have been used against him. Whoever did this needs to come clean. Seriously when I think 2 adult woman may have been plotting against one little boy it makes me ill. I pray that this is resolved and he comes home.

I think people are reading too much into things...I think it is what it is. A bigger reward, no new info as to where Kyron is and no idea if he is alive.
BBM

It was not stated that the LE investigation DOES NOT have any new information; as to where Kyron is or anything else.

They said that they can NOT SHARE WITH US information because it is part of their on-going investigation.

That is what I understood them to say and to mean.

Exactly. They have nothing.
I watched and listened to the entire press conference and have read some newspaper articles that covered it, and I didn't hear it stated that "They have nothing." Nor was it said in other words or implied.

Thanks in advance for sharing what must have been missed.

I'm amazed that all three parents were present...Tony, Desiree, and Kaine. I could understand if it was an important and informational news conference...but considering what we heard, I'm surprised they all attended. Also, hearing from Desiree again is curious to me. Why did she say something? It was obviously painful...and while I understand her desire to speak out to Kyron, she has done this numerous times. What was this presser all about?!

I wondered if Desiree was so firm about the family's commitment to the way LE is running the investigation was a response to those who are claiming the family called out Terri and Dede because they are frustrated with the pace and direction of the investigation.

I also thought the emphasis on the conviction rate by the captain was a signal that they are not going to risk any court maneuvering based on LE giving information out too soon.

I guess I did not have such high expectations about this press conference revealing too much, given that it was scheduled so long ago.

I believe that one purpose of the conference was to show that LE and the family are working together, and to thank the media for being so responsive.

I didn't expect anybody to say anything new today. Especially not with DS having yet to speak before the GJ. They need her to go in there without any knowledge of what they really know, in my opinion.

Okay guys, I tried to upload that video I recorded of the conference today but I'm having some issues. I tried the first time and it was too long (should have checked that first) and then the second time YouTube can't recognize the extension (again, should have checked that first!) and the uploading both times has taken 1.5 hours just about. I have to be a mama and take care of my fam so if any of you are dyin' to see this video (which really didn't have much info in it imo) please pm me (even if it's just one person I'm willing to do it) and I will work on that tonight and try to get the thing uploaded! :smile:

Being that links have been posted to the video I'm not sure if it's even needed but again just pm me if so.

BBM

It was not stated that the LE investigation DOES NOT have any new information; as to where Kyron is or anything else.

They said that they can NOT SHARE WITH US information because it is part of their on-going investigation.

That is what I understood them to say and to mean.

I will never believe they know where Kyron is and are just leaving him there while they investigate.

s/bbm

I don't believe that at all. No way in hell --- IF he was living and sleeping with the woman --- that he didn't realize she was drinking herself to sleep. No. Way.

And if I heard it correctly, Kaine claims Terri's son was sent away because of all that went on with Kyron's disappearance, yet we know he left their home long before (in March? earlier? gotta dig up the father's interview). I wish the reporter would have called him on that.

Above 2 sentences BBM. I am very very disturbed about these 2 statements along with a couple of other statements made by Kaine that ARE KNOWN TO BE FALSE.

First let me clarify by stating that I do not think that Kaine is involved in Kyron's disappearance. That said I do not like the fact that Kaine very much seems to be stretching the truth, having very selective memory about quite important issues, and outright lying about certain issues.

I do however realize that he "owes" US nothing(as in the public&the media) but however he very much owes it to his son that is missing to do EVERYTHING humanly possibly to find this little boy (alive or deceased) and bring him home one way or anther. Whether it be to continue his life amongst his love ones or to receive a proper burial and much needed closure for DY and TY.

I do not see Kaine as doing EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE if he is indeed lying about very important things that did or did not occur leading up to the time that Kyron went missing. If he is not being FULLY honest and I'll give an example, DY and TY fully state that Kyron was showing real signs of distress in the weeks and months leading up. Ive heard some say oh, this is normal for him to cry, whine, etc. I am going to take Desiree's word, she's his mother and if she says it was signs of distress, signs of something not right at home with dad&SM, well I'm going to wholeheartedly believe her.

The main reason I feel she is being honest about these "red flags" is because she gains nothing by telling this and if anything it would have some look negatively on her for not doing something about it and allowing him to keep going back to a place that she now says obviously Kyron was trying to tell her that things were not okay at.I, for one will not judge this poor woman I think her own guilt is more than enough that she is having to bear and more than likely will continue to bear for her lifetime. Alot of ppl would just keep this fact to themselves, not wanting it to look bad on their part.. No doubt(IMO)thats what Kaine is doing. He is denying this fact FULLY.

Thus IMO with Kaine choosing to take this route by stretching the truth (i.e. saying he did not cheat on DY with TMH,that he&DY already separated. IMO he DID cheat as was stated per DY). This having selective memory (i.e. doesn't remember Kyron displaying any signs whatsoever of distress, unhappiness, etc in the months leading up to him disappearing). And finally the outright lies (i.e. stating that J*****, Terri's son from previous marriage, was sent away to live elsewhere because of the stress from the disappearance of Kyron. Yet we know full well it was several MONTHS prior when J***** was sent away)

It's because of the last examples that I have given showing that Kaine is NOT being completely honest about some very pertinent and important issues that are directly related to Kyron and very possibly related to his disappearance, its for those reasons that I find it quite hypocritical for him to continue to publicly plead for Terri to "FULLY COOPERATE", Kaine needs to FULLY COOPERATE..

Of course MOO.. MOO. IMO.. and all that stuff..MOO

ETA~ was that a lil better, Morag? ;)

I watched and listened to the entire press conference and have read some newspaper articles that covered it, and I didn't hear it stated that "They have nothing." Nor was it said in other words or implied.

Thanks in advance for sharing what must have been missed.

That's correct. I did not contend that it was a fact that could be found in a source reference. It was, quite obviously, my opinion.

I heard the pressor was kind of a bust. According to a talking head on trutv (a man). The reward's increased. As tragic as the loss of this little precious boy is, the govt can't go around arresting people without just cause. This case may never be solved or maybe not for a long time. I think most crimes are very difficult. Probably more go unsolved than not, at least that's what I read from FBI stats yrs ago.

I don't blame law enforcement for that. As for talk about Terri, maybe she's culpable and maybe not. What's come out in the press is what it is and that's that. I don't see where anything's solved by them continually hashing over the same things. I hope I'm wrong and they will be able to solve the case. It's a tragic loss.

The oldest son of TH arrived here the day after Kyron went missing. I understood Kaine to say that he was sent home because it was in the midst of all this and that it was in his best interest at this time. Remember the oldest son had just gotten here for a visit?

The other references as to when he went to live with his Grandparents it was TH who said he and Kaine did not get along. TH also said Kaine paid her to move in with him and take care of Kyron when he was a baby.TH said she was Desiree's friend.All of which Kaine and Desiree denied. I'll take Kaine and Desiree's word anyday over TH's. Kaine and Desiree have talked about a lot now.

One must remember TH has been controlling all the information for a long time. She tells her friends one thing, Kaine another thing and Desiree something else. She was in the control tower.

It has all been about control and manipulation for TH. That is why the profillers have been revealing so much in the media and with the bio-parents. That would be her greatest fear to lose control and for all to discover it's all been lies.

There is a lot here we do not know. Afterwards it's easy to look back and say ohh that was why, etc. When you trust someone completely you can be totally decimated by the mack truck because you didn't see it coming!

This whole experience for Kaine must be emotionally sickening thinking if I didn't see this what must Kyron have seen of felt or been exposed to?

Because Kaine does not come across as a warm demonstrative person does not mean he did not love Kyron with all his heart and K, as well as TH at one time.

I feel he is thinking what is wrong with me that I could have been that wrong about this person I loved? What is wrong with me that I could not see how it was hurting Kyron? Why didn't I see it? Why didn't I do something about it? I suspect he will question every decision he's made and will in the future.

TH was a master manipulator and controller. Only since her house of cards have fallen has her true character been revealed.

I think both Kaine and Desiree have begun to realize Kyron might not be coming back and only one person is responsible for that. In the Dateline interview,Tony said when he heard about the murder for hire that was the turning point for him...Paraphrasing I took it to mean he knew Kyron could be deceased. My opinion

I just wonder who this reward info was directed toward if it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal