2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is from an anonymous donor... so how exactly would they turn the money away? I am personally wondering if the donor could be Intel??? 25k is a lotta dough

The first one that came to my mind is a large Douglas County employer, that takes its family values seriously.

And I'm very glad I waited to click 'reply' because SmoothOperator catches the same vibe in this post:

I wanted to put something out there that I noticed during the presser and see what others think..
DY seems to "hold it together" throughout a good amount of the presser. Her and Tony both listening intently to what is being said by Chief Staton, but not visibly emotional. She does not begin to cry until a very certain moment, when Det. Tim Moore begins his statement. It's at about the 6:30 mark in the recorded video on oregonlive.com at which time DY becomes visibly emotional, immediately PREceeding her getting visibly emotional Tony begins to look at her, as in anticipating that what was being discussed would cause DY to become emotional, and when she does he of course puts his arm around her and does more to comfort her thru this time, at which she begins to not only visibly become emotional but softly the tears start to flow...
Its not when Kyron is directly being discussed(as most would imagine that to be the time, but IMO she has become numb to alot of the details of Kyron, especially the more insignificant details that LE share during PCs) Rather her visible emotion starts and Tony comforts during the time that the reward money is discussed that it has been doubled to 50,000 and done by an anonymous donor. Specifically when anonymous donor is spoken she seems to show alot of emotion. I guess it could be for any number of reasons that would cause her to become emotional but one reason that stuck out in my mind is that it is someone possibly close to her, a dear family friend, the company she works for, or a boss that is the anonymous donor of doubling the reward by donating $25,000. This would explain why she would become visibly more emotional, especially when it is first being announced publicly. I know if I were in her shoes and someone close to me had done such that it would be a very emotional moment when it was announced to the world that this person I cared for had donated such a large sum of money, and anonymously on top of that. It would bring about quite a bit of emotion for someone I knew to do something as this for my son and would be deeply moving...

Did anyone else notice this? And think this could be likely as to why at that very moment Desiree seemed to spill out so much emotion?

Was just something I noticed. I know its not something of GREAT SIGNIFICANCE, but then again realize this presser did not give us alot to work with.. Of course IMO... MOO... and all that stuff.. MOO

I'm going to bow out now for a while, partly because I'm annoyed by the comments of this investigative team being buffoons, having nothing, plotting to waste our time etc. I've said before: Just because WE don't know anything doesn't mean they don't know anything. The entire disclaimer at the opening of the PC explained why they are not releasing the information you want. It's just the way Things Are.
I realize you're all entitled to your opinions, as I am mine. See ya later on.

This reminds me of the folks in Colorado who held the back slapping press conference when John Mark Carr (whatever his name is) was returned from Thailand. I had never seen so many people/agencies congratulating each other on their unprecedented cooperation and skill, only to return a big fat zero a few weeks later. What a joke.

Real small town stuff. About re-election. Good example.

ITA.
But still. Some of the MCSO's $$ might need to go to PC classes.

<It is easy to sidetrack us onto her behavior, in the scheme a minor indiscretion, and it's better to keep the focus on the incompetence of the LEADERS of the investigation. She was probably irked that the brass did this and now she has to try to clean up after them.

Been there done that. She is not the one to over-scrutinize. She's US.>

The first one that came to my mind is a large Douglas County employer, that takes its family values seriously.

And I'm very glad I waited to click 'reply' because SmoothOperator catches the same vibe in this post:

I'm going to bow out now for a while, partly because I'm annoyed by the comments of this investigative team being buffoons, having nothing, plotting to waste our time etc. I've said before: Just because WE don't know anything doesn't mean they don't know anything. The entire disclaimer at the opening of the PC explained why they are not releasing the information you want. It's just the way Things Are.
I realize you're all entitled to your opinions, as I am mine. See ya later on.

Sorry to offend you with my opinion. I don't think they have *nothing*, I think they have nothing new except money-talk, they are hanging their hopes on MONEY. Their demeanor did not inspire confidence.

My opinion, and I respect yours.

I did notice that was when Desiree lost it...but I feel it is because the fact that it had to come down to this...adding more money at 8 weeks in...makes it the situation seem so...hopeless.

Here is the link to Desiree and Kaine talking to Oregonlive.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

Scroll down to:
Listen to the full interview (25 min.):

Or

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/audio/interview.mp3

Wow - so Kaine didn't know TH was drinking for months, then got a DUI? Wow - just wow. How do you drink yourself to sleep without your spouse not knowing about it. I love my Chardonnay, and hubby certainly knows about it. He would certainly see the grocery receipts or the wine in the cupboard. Very strange...

Now folks are coming forward that she drank at other folks houses behind their back -- saying their alcohol levels were significantly low after TH left.

And saying baby K is a whole new kid?

How did KH meet TH? He's not going to get into it. He can throw TH under the bus over and over, but can't even say how he met TH? Talk about a 1 sided interview. Then he starts saying she did drugs and lost rapid weight in 4 months -- but doesn't have any real information to confirm it.

Oh, but he can't say how he and TH met?

It was an odd interview......

Moo

Mel

Oops, I did have one more item for the people who felt the Sheriff's office tactics WRT the money were to do with elections. Sheriff Staton was just elected in May to serve the unexpired term through Dec 2010, and also for a 4 year term after that.
He's not campaigning.

They should have just cancelled the presser. IMHO, all it did was make them look incompetent and simply more worried about the budget and tips regarding Kyron. Honestly, I don't understand what is motivating them or who is advising them. Obviously, this investigation is a cluster****.

Oops, I did have one more item for the people who felt the Sheriff's office tactics WRT the money were to do with elections. Sheriff Staton was just elected in May to serve the unexpired term through Dec 2010, and also for a 4 year term after that.
He's not campaigning.

Except that elected officials are always, in some sense, campaigning.

(Thanks for the info on the terms, though.)

He's not campaigning.

Those guys are always campaigning. My career included spending a lot of years on guys like him. They don't think in seconds, or minutes, or days, or even weeks. They think years and terms.

I was just about ready to jump off the fence, too. Owell. Getting splinters....

I foresee a vacation in that I-can't-use-the-word-here-I'd-like LE lady's future. That was completely asinine.

Wow - so Kaine didn't know TH was drinking for months, then got a DUI? Wow - just wow. How do you drink yourself to sleep without your spouse not knowing about it. I love my Chardonnay, and hubby certainly knows about it. He would certainly see the grocery receipts or the wine in the cupboard. Very strange...

Now folks are coming forward that she drank at other folks houses behind their back -- saying their alcohol levels were significantly low after TH left.

And saying baby K is a whole new kid?

How did KH meet TH? He's not going to get into it. He can throw TH under the bus over and over, but can't even say how he met TH? Talk about a 1 sided interview. Then he starts saying she did drugs and lost rapid weight in 4 months -- but doesn't have any real information to confirm it.

Oh, but he can't say how he and KH met?

It was an odd interview......

Moo

Mel

Agree it was odd.....
However, with a hardcore alcoholic-in-recovery for a brother- oh yes they can drink right under your nose and have no one know.
Not a thing.
I have wondered about TH's drug/alcohol issues right from the get go.

Except that elected officials are always, in some sense, campaigning.

(Thanks for the info on the terms, though.)

Si. They don't get camera and case time like this everyday. This is a BIG case for them and they know they are being watched, at the least of it is the FBI, and the media.

bumping up

IMO, the most significant part of the "press conference" is at the very end, after the deputies and family leave the room. Up to this point, the SO and family have depended upon the media to keep this story out there, and frankly I'm surprised how they've managed to do so without any real lag in coverage (of course the tabloid antics have helped in that regard). After watching the media reaction to this sham of a PC, I'm wondering if it isn't going to come back to bite them in the butt.

My thoughts, for what they are worth, ;o).

I wonder if just before the presser they told the family to lay off the Terri angle. That all the time and effort they spent pursuing that isn't bearing fruit -not cause Terri is some great mastermind who has out smarted them, but, because, she didn't do it.

I think it has been obvious all along, and certainly in the Dateline show last night, that DY has no love lost for TH. Which I ABSOLUTLEY get. If my hubby cheated on me at anytime I would have no use for the other woman. And someone mentioned up thread that believing TH has Kyron stashed somewhere is much easier to accept that the idea that a predator got Kyron - Oh HECK ya. I would think that turning the venom on TH would help in a number of ways. Except it isn't getting us any closer to sweet little Kyron being found and brought home.

I also think if they had something on the MFH, TH would have been arrested already. And I can tell you if someone accused me of that, even hinted at that, I would be getting the best attorney I could. How did TH get him? Who knows? I have heard several things - all rumours - selling photos, parents, loan, anonymous benefactor retaining him, etc. I don't think having Howze makes her look guilty, it makes her look smart.

It is my understanding, and, I could well be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, that the Grand Jury wasn't called for this case, that they have a sitting GJ ready to do what they need. I think that is a big difference. If they subpoenaed DDS, they absolutely found a way to get her in there, and possibly under oath, and she knows she can be brought back, even if for whatever reason she didn't testify yesterday. I think, MOO, that it is possible that if they even told her the scope of the questioning that might come, this would prevent her from giving interviews to media about those things.

I only hope that the focus on TH, however that got started, hasn't let the person who abducted Kyron, get away with it, ie. a colder trail.

I have felt involved in other cases, but, I tell you, NONE has affected me like Kryon. I don't know why - I am a long way away, and have no involvement, but, he keeps me up at night. When I do sleep, I dream of him.

BBM
Absolutely brilliant post -- thank you.

nah duck.... best part was at the end...

reporter: that's ALL?
female cop: yeah that's it. You know... investigation.. Sorry. But we brought the family out for you.

The family is not an exhibit at the zoo.

IMO, the most significant part of the "press conference" is at the very end, after the deputies and family leave the room. Up to this point, the SO and family have depended upon the media to keep this story out there, and frankly I'm surprised how they've managed to do so without any real lag in coverage (of course the tabloid antics have helped in that regard). After watching the media reaction to this sham of a PC, I'm wondering if it isn't going to come back to bite them in the butt.

I was kind of interested in how the press doesn't seem to be talking to each other much....IME...usually they're all kind of playing each other after a press like that. Thoughts?

Someone said earlier on that this was to get it out in the media to put more pressure on Terri. Well... if the SO continues to cry wolf like this, the press is just going to start ignoring their announcements and supposed PCs. It's going to totally backfire.

Something else that may well backfire is allowing Desiree to appear on camera so obviously broken up; if Terri did this for reasons many have suggested, this will only please her and steel her resolve to keep quiet.

BBM~
I agree with this, and I also believe that Terri is probably loving seeing Desiree crying for her missing child. She is just that twisted, IMO.

I was kind of interested in how the press doesn't seem to be talking to each other much....IME...usually they're all kind of playing each other after a press like that. Thoughts?

Good observation, almost ready to guess you have experience working with the media. Right, paranoia; they have their own sources and they are competitive on this case, and they know stuff about LE. They were pizzed
They definitely know more than us. They want to move forward, and LE doesn't.

My first glance thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member