2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And perhaps, vice versa.

I'm pondering that LDT statement. Of all the things LE could have talked about, why was it important to them to state that?

I'm wondering if Terri actually did fail the polys, or they were simply inconclusive, or what.

I've come to hate the word 'odd', but I'm gonna say it lmao. I find it odd that, with this LDT statement, it seems as if LE was placed in the position of... defending Terri...

but look at the attention it garnered for the case. While it was cut and paste it still was huge in keeping this case out there. I do not think the parents will stop ensuring that either... and I applaud them for that. I agree though that it for sure was a "press-whatever-it-was"... LOL

I think it brings negative attention to what I still figure are probably decent efforts to find a missing child and to solve a case. I am going to watch for little signs of discontent from parents with LE's case management. Just a guess.

MOO

Hmmmm...what stood out to me the most was TY chewing gum and KH biting his cheek throughout.

Those are two angry men who know a lot more than we do.

one guy yelled out: "that's all?!!" and there was other grumbling about questions etc... and than LE lady says yup... that is it... but at least we brought you out the family!

The balls! Bet she wishes she didn't say thhhhaaaaaat...
OMG

Does anyone have a link to a raw video of this "press conference" and especially of what happened at the end? I was away, dammit (not that it looks like I missed anything).

LE could have done that by press release, maybe D&K wanted to be out there once again, just to keep it personal and not so money-oriented.

Good idea because neither of those spokespeople came across at all as confident. MOO. The demeanor was negative like some bad news about vacation time just came across or something on that level. It was pathetic.

MOO

I think it's very important to see that LE and the family are a united front. The pleas the family has made are backed by what LE believes is great substance.

Also, psychics...please stop bothering us unless you have some tangible proof of your claims.

:clap:

I foresee a vacation in that I-can't-use-the-word-here-I'd-like LE lady's future. That was completely asinine.

Hmmmm...what stood out to me the most was TY chewing gum and KH biting his cheek throughout.

Those are two angry men who know a lot more than we do.

Agree and now I'm MAD too. Mad and sad. Something went wrong this morning. Big or little, who knows, but it looked bad. I'll bet their Public Information person is pizzed at the brass for making her trot through this one.

MOO

I wanted to put something out there that I noticed during the presser and see what others think..
DY seems to "hold it together" throughout a good amount of the presser. Her and Tony both listening intently to what is being said by Chief Staton, but not visibly emotional. She does not begin to cry until a very certain moment, when Det. Tim Moore begins his statement. It's at about the 6:30 mark in the recorded video on oregonlive.com at which time DY becomes visibly emotional, immediately PREceeding her getting visibly emotional Tony begins to look at her, as in anticipating that what was being discussed would cause DY to become emotional, and when she does he of course puts his arm around her and does more to comfort her thru this time, at which she begins to not only visibly become emotional but softly the tears start to flow...
Its not when Kyron is directly being discussed(as most would imagine that to be the time, but IMO she has become numb to alot of the details of Kyron, especially the more insignificant details that LE share during PCs) Rather her visible emotion starts and Tony comforts during the time that the reward money is discussed that it has been doubled to 50,000 and done by an anonymous donor. Specifically when anonymous donor is spoken she seems to show alot of emotion. I guess it could be for any number of reasons that would cause her to become emotional but one reason that stuck out in my mind is that it is someone possibly close to her, a dear family friend, the company she works for, or a boss that is the anonymous donor of doubling the reward by donating $25,000. This would explain why she would become visibly more emotional, especially when it is first being announced publicly. I know if I were in her shoes and someone close to me had done such that it would be a very emotional moment when it was announced to the world that this person I cared for had donated such a large sum of money, and anonymously on top of that. It would bring about quite a bit of emotion for someone I knew to do something as this for my son and would be deeply moving...

Did anyone else notice this? And think this could be likely as to why at that very moment Desiree seemed to spill out so much emotion?

Was just something I noticed. I know its not something of GREAT SIGNIFICANCE, but then again realize this presser did not give us alot to work with.. Of course IMO... MOO... and all that stuff.. MOO

My thoughts, for what they are worth, ;o).

I wonder if just before the presser they told the family to lay off the Terri angle. That all the time and effort they spent pursuing that isn't bearing fruit -not cause Terri is some great mastermind who has out smarted them, but, because, she didn't do it.

I think it has been obvious all along, and certainly in the Dateline show last night, that DY has no love lost for TH. Which I ABSOLUTLEY get. If my hubby cheated on me at anytime I would have no use for the other woman. And someone mentioned up thread that believing TH has Kyron stashed somewhere is much easier to accept that the idea that a predator got Kyron - Oh HECK ya. I would think that turning the venom on TH would help in a number of ways. Except it isn't getting us any closer to sweet little Kyron being found and brought home.

I also think if they had something on the MFH, TH would have been arrested already. And I can tell you if someone accused me of that, even hinted at that, I would be getting the best attorney I could. How did TH get him? Who knows? I have heard several things - all rumours - selling photos, parents, loan, anonymous benefactor retaining him, etc. I don't think having Howze makes her look guilty, it makes her look smart.

It is my understanding, and, I could well be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, that the Grand Jury wasn't called for this case, that they have a sitting GJ ready to do what they need. I think that is a big difference. If they subpoenaed DDS, they absolutely found a way to get her in there, and possibly under oath, and she knows she can be brought back, even if for whatever reason she didn't testify yesterday. I think, MOO, that it is possible that if they even told her the scope of the questioning that might come, this would prevent her from giving interviews to media about those things.

I only hope that the focus on TH, however that got started, hasn't let the person who abducted Kyron, get away with it, ie. a colder trail.

I have felt involved in other cases, but, I tell you, NONE has affected me like Kryon. I don't know why - I am a long way away, and have no involvement, but, he keeps me up at night. When I do sleep, I dream of him.

Here's what I think kids........LE haz nuttin. And DY, TY and KH have all convinced each other that it was TH so they push that. I don't think anything we are seeing is orchestrated by LE, it's desperation from a heart broken family.

I agree -- they have an emotional investment in being ''right'' (however wrong it may prove in long run) that it is TH so much so that they do not wish to entertain possibility the investigation or lack of clues lead in totally different direction. (MOO)

Y'know, I am getting really fed up with this. I was really hoping for some sort of bone to be tossed to us today, but nothing? Hello, LE can just say no comment to the media, which they have been doing! I am just sick that we still don't anything, and as much as I believe TH is guilty, I have to admit my confidence is wavering after this press conference. How is a crappy presser like this supposed to keep people looking for Kyron and keep people interested in the case? I don't want to hear more divorce drama, or Dede/TH/MC/insert whoever here drama, or just drama. I want FACTS. I want to see MOVEMENT. I want an ARREST or SOMETHING major to happen to keep up my faith in the system here.

I am starting to think all the time I have devoted to this case is being wasted, and I seriously don't like that feeling, not one bit...

I can definitely relate to being angry and not liking it when it comes to thinking about time wasted on a case.......
I devoted 17 months to the Haleigh Cummings case.. Haleigh has never been found and her dear father and his family have never once been referred to or... to my knowldege ever looked at as being person/s of interest by LE in Putnam County in regards to her mysterious disappearance........JMO

In reference to todays presser, I'm not even going to attempt to disect what that was all about...Who really knows? JMO

The parents never talk about Terri when they're around LE.

I don't think LE would allow them to share the podium with them if the parents did that because it would look like an endorsement from LE----even though it wouldn't really be one, it would still give the appearance of it. LE is not quite ready to come out and solely name her as anything yet.

Noticed that when DY started out today she stated that "they" KH, TY and herself were happy with LE's involvement, etc., etc. I got the feeling that was a prompting from LE for her to say that. Not that she wouldn't have, but maybe just a nudge from LE to include that in her speech.

I think poor DY is exhausted, pushed beyond her limit, and just can't take much more. They need to leave her alone for awhile, IMHO. If she's had dangerous/serious kidney problems before, enough stress might make her seriously ill again.

At this point, I'd say let Tony speak for her, let her rest. And if LE just wants a rag doll to cry, too danged bad.

At this point, I am so disgusted with LE that I could just....spit. Ptooey!

I'm pondering that LDT statement. Of all the things LE could have talked about, why was it important to them to state that?

I'm wondering if Terri actually did fail the polys, or they were simply inconclusive, or what.

I've come to hate the word 'odd', but I'm gonna say it lmao. I find it odd that, with this LDT statement, it seems as if LE was placed in the position of... defending Terri...
They could also be trying to assure other witnesses who are not cooperating that a request to take LDT isn't a sign that they are a target of the criminal investigation, and that any information shared with LE will not result in eventual criminal charges (i.e., TH asked me to lie for her and I didn't want to tell everyone at first because I think she's innocent won't result in obstruction of justice). I found it interesting that they mentioned the LDT along with the increased reward. Just points to ponder.

I think it looked like Desiree had been crying beforehand.

For someone who has maintained an extraordinary amount of composure the last few weeks, I think she was informed of something she did not expect before they all came out.

No other reason I can think of for her to be crying at that point in time, when she was otherwise firm in her hope.

And watching her on Dateline last night was equally as heartbreaking. She said they were still planning their trip next month with Kyron. After seeing her today, I think she is probably beginning to realize that things may not work out as she has convinced herself it would.

Good Lord my heart goes out to her.

You know, this case will eventually float to the back of people's minds, if there is no other developments. I'm sure the outflow of prayers and support have helped them, but everybody else will be able to go on with life. Desiree and Kaine will be in this forever. (If he isn't found safe...)

I pray for all of them.

I agree -- they have an emotional investment in being ''right'' (however wrong it may prove in long run) that it is TH so much so that they do not wish to entertain possibility the investigation or lack of clues lead in totally different direction. (MOO)

Well and they can't get anybody to talk (reward increase), and they have no new evidence (for a week). The vibe was not good, the vibe was failure, except for the money stuff. A GOOD GOOD day for the defense.

IMO

My confidence in these law enforcement people, along with the buffoonish sheriff's office, has declined again.

Do they think we are stupid?

They should have cancelled their press-whatever-it-was and focused on the investigation. What a waste of time. I question their critical thinking abilities.

Terri's attorney had a good day in terms of strategy. Congrats!

imo
This reminds me of the folks in Colorado who held the back slapping press conference when John Mark Carr (whatever his name is) was returned from Thailand. I had never seen so many people/agencies congratulating each other on their unprecedented cooperation and skill, only to return a big fat zero a few weeks later. What a joke.

<snipped for space>
Did anyone else notice this? And think this could be likely as to why at that very moment Desiree seemed to spill out so much emotion?

:yes: my thought too.
in fact, see post 368. :)

I foresee a vacation in that I-can't-use-the-word-here-I'd-like LE lady's future. That was completely asinine.

It is easy to sidetrack us onto her behavior, in the scheme a minor indiscretion, and it's better to keep the focus on the incompetence of the LEADERS of the investigation. She was probably irked that the brass did this and now she has to try to clean up after them.

Been there done that. She is not the one to over-scrutinize. She's US.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member