2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in disagreement that LE has nothing. The prosecutor does not waste the time of a Grand Jury if they have nothing. A Grand Jury is the second eyes of LE before making an arrest.

If they are at Grand Jury they are moving forward on something. MOO

I sure hope you are right grandmaj.

But a grand jury can convene for two reasons. 1. To be used as an investigative tool so that potential witnesses can be locked into their sworn statements early on or. 2. Or to see if their is enough probable cause to render an indictment.

But if an indictment does come down I think it is more likely it will be on the MFH than Kyron's case.

DD would also have information about him and Terri's relationship with him since she has been her best friend for years.

JMO

I suppose it is possible they asked Desiree to stick to pleas and not accusations. That would be upsetting to her as she feels so certain that Terri is guilty and is probably very frustrated that LE won't name her as a suspect.

I think they used the word "deprive" as they don't want to say "murder" and can't say for sure "kidnap". So deprive works, either way, as Kaine and Desiree do not have access to Kyron, regardless of what has happened to him. I really fear that they may have to go ahead with charges at some point without really knowing for sure. Is there a way to "criminally deprive"?

Yes, that was an interesting description... The raise in reward money is curious, too...

Now on the CNN homepage:

According to the newspaper, Spicher was doing gardening work for a Portland homeowner when she "abruptly left about 11:30 a.m."

The homeowner tried reaching Spicher on her cell phone, the newspaper reported, but got no answer. Spicher returned to the house about 90 minutes later, the newspaper reported, citing detectives.

Just where was DDS during that 90 minutes?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/27/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?hpt=T2

Also discusses the presser saying "'Significant progress' on missing Kyron".

Did I miss something whilst watching it?

MOO

Mel

News just now: Why would they up the reward if they were ready to make an arrest? Good question.
it is from an anonymous donor... so how exactly would they turn the money away? I am personally wondering if the donor could be Intel??? 25k is a lotta dough

Reporter asked why even have the presser because it was only about increasing the reward. lol. The reporters hyped this so much and now they have nada.

Someone said earlier on that this was to get it out in the media to put more pressure on Terri. Well... if the SO continues to cry wolf like this, the press is just going to start ignoring their announcements and supposed PCs. It's going to totally backfire.

Something else that may well backfire is allowing Desiree to appear on camera so obviously broken up; if Terri did this for reasons many have suggested, this will only please her and steel her resolve to keep quiet.

My confidence in these law enforcement people, along with the buffoonish sheriff's office, has declined again.

Do they think we are stupid?

They should have cancelled their press-whatever-it-was and focused on the investigation. What a waste of time. I question their critical thinking abilities.

Terri's attorney had a good day in terms of strategy. Congrats!

imo

The parents never talk about Terri when they're around LE.
thank you for saying that beans! I was thinking the same thing. I bet when the audio files are released later they will be saying what they really wanted to say at the presser today... moo of course

OT....CBS is showing a clip about comparing a lost child to a lost pet...they use a trained dog in a park and a child actress...and many people attempt to help the pet, but an hour goes by before an adult approaches the 4-yr old to help, 20x times longer than the dog-yikes.

I'm in disagreement that LE has nothing. The prosecutor does not waste the time of a Grand Jury if they have nothing. A Grand Jury is the second eyes of LE before making an arrest.

If they are at Grand Jury they are moving forward on something. MOO
now THAT is the glass half full approach granny and I LIKE IT. And, I agree with you as well!

Lawdy, I've been speed reading the last 15 pages to catch-up. Disappointed at lack of any tangible information. No details. Just not clear on the purpose of the PC.
Grrrr

Now on the CNN homepage:

According to the newspaper, Spicher was doing gardening work for a Portland homeowner when she "abruptly left about 11:30 a.m."

The homeowner tried reaching Spicher on her cell phone, the newspaper reported, but got no answer. Spicher returned to the house about 90 minutes later, the newspaper reported, citing detectives.

Just where was DDS during that 90 minutes?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/27/oregon.missing.boy/index.html?hpt=T2

Also discusses the presser saying "'Significant progress' on missing Kyron".

Did I miss something whilst watching it?

MOO

Mel

I think I must have certainly missed the "significant progress" part...:waitasec:

I hear them saying that they have launched the biggest search in the history of Oregon and found zilch! Nada! Nothing! No wonder Desiree was so upset....

My confidence in these law enforcement people, along with the buffoonish sheriff's office, has declined again.

Do they think we are stupid?

They should have cancelled their press-whatever-it-was and focused on the investigation. What a waste of time. I question their critical thinking abilities.

Terri's attorney had a good day in terms of strategy. Congrats!

imo
but look at the attention it garnered for the case. While it was cut and paste it still was huge in keeping this case out there. I do not think the parents will stop ensuring that either... and I applaud them for that. I agree though that it for sure was a "press-whatever-it-was"... LOL

LE could have done that by press release, maybe D&K wanted to be out there once again, just to keep it personal and not so money-oriented.

I suppose it is possible they asked Desiree to stick to pleas and not accusations. That would be upsetting to her as she feels so certain that Terri is guilty and is probably very frustrated that LE won't name her as a suspect.
LE could very well have asked DY and KH to tone down the 'TH is guilty' talk in the media (time will tell if they do so). But I don't think that's why DY looked so devastated today. She looked like she was about to lose it...she didn't look frustrated or chastised or repentant, or anything how I think she would look if her tears were over LE saying something about her statements to the press. To say that she looked upset is an understatement. IMO, LE planned on the press conference (they shouldn't call it that) being exactly how it was...but I do think that at some point today, LE said something to the family about Kyron that made DY have a hard time keeping it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member