2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I see the video of the entire press conference? I have only been able to find Desiree talking and not LE. Thanks!

there's a link posted a few pages back- i forget by whom...

*new poster* Hello, all!

I wondered what Tony whispered to Desiree during the PC. She seemed to need a lot of support today. I also wondered why they always have DY speak, and thought the same thing as others have posted, that she's the more emotional one, the one who could possibly pull on the heartstrings of someone who knows something--a TH accomplice, perhaps? On top of hearing about the upped reward money, maybe get someone to start talking?

It seems like they're still just waiting for that one person to come forward who knows something. Someone's gotta know something!

BBM

You know I just can't imagine myself ever complaining about the amount of my my tax money being spent on a missing child.

I cant either but believe me some do.

They will voice their opinions that the search is costing too much for one child when there are thousands of children out there missing that dont get this kind of money allocated to finding them. And a lot of time the ones complaining will have political power.

I do realize that they have to deal with realities and they must find the money to keep searching for Kyron and with the economy in such dire straights I guess the elected officials do have to consider it at some point.

I sure wouldnt want to be the one making the decision if they say they no longer can afford to search for Kyron but I have seen searches stop after a few weeks when other little children have gone missing.

IMO

How can I see the video of the entire press conference? I have only been able to find Desiree talking and not LE. Thanks!

Ruby Red just started a thread with all links listed in first few posts, no need to search, $50,000 reward thread.

OT

I would just like to assure all visitors that this is the best site around. I got myself locked out, (my fault....computer illiteracy and old age) , but thanks to understanding and helpful administration (Chicoliving) I am back. This is for sure the friendliest site around and the moderators make sure of it. I LOVE y'all

Is it possible that DeDe doesn't have the information they were counting on? Is it possible that they might have to look in a totally different direction? If I were DY and thought DeDe knew something and found out she didn't, I might lose some hope for my child's safe return. JMO

Here's what I think kids........LE haz nuttin. And DY, TY and KH have all convinced each other that it was TH so they push that. I don't think anything we are seeing is orchestrated by LE, it's desperation from a heart broken family.

rut roh.
iz zat chu teh falling down from dat limb? :(

I have a feeling something is going to break big time. Don't ask me why, but I feel like their reason for the presser changed at the last minute.

Bold mine.

Like, maybe while a presser holds the attention of the media, that LE was at the same time arresting TH? Oh, I hope and pray it's something like that! :praying:

There IS a bombshell in what did not come out of this press conference.

"No comment."

"I can't answer that."

"I can't talk about that."

"I can't comment on that."

We didn't hear THOSE for the first time ever!

I have a feeling something is going to break big time. Don't ask me why, but I feel like their reason for the presser changed at the last minute.

I certainly hope that you are right. I also think that the family seemed less prepared, less "in the loop" and as a result seemed less confident in themselves appearing there. Hopefully there was something last minute which caused that, but they couldn't cancel without suspicion.

Somethings up, seems like a complete change of plans, what did they say about their conviction rate? I can't remember what percentage he said.

90%. That is no big deal. The big deal is what they did not say: Their solved case rate.

Bold mine.

Like, maybe while a presser holds the attention of the media, that LE was at the same time arresting TH? Oh, I hope and pray it's something like that! :praying:

That is my only good thought.

If there were new developments, developments that have set the case on edge, why not just cancel the presser or reschedule it? That's not unheard of in these types of cases. They scheduled this presser a week ago. They said they would answer a few submitted questions, and they did. They also gave an update. This LE department is obviously very cognizant of the amount of money being spent. They have said repeatedly it's the largest search/investigation of its kind in the state. I think they are dotting all their financial is and crossing their ts, and I think they were clearing up a few rumors.

Honestly, what strikes me is the comment about the lie detector test being just a tool, as it sounds like they're backing away from the family's vehement assertions about that, IMHO. Wouldn't it be something if LE told Terri she failed because her story sounded bogus and they wanted to put more pressure on her (perfectly legal), or Terri assumed she failed the LDT because she was either lying about where she really was although she didn't harm Kyron or because she knew the story was weak, but she really passed? That kind of revelation would probably make my head spin.

Was it me or did DY lose it exactly when the increase in the reward was announced...Obviously she would have known about it before the presser but why would that upset her? Do you think that makes it seem that LE doesn't have as great a case as she was led to believe?

News just now: Why would they up the reward if they were ready to make an arrest? Good question.

The taxpayers are probably getting just a tad restless because LE acts like NOTHING has happened since the time Kyron was reported missing til now....it's all great about how many searches, tips, etc. Biggest search effort in the states history....that's nice....but, where is Kyron? They have no clue. Just suspicion? :banghead:

No wonder Desiree is so upset....Bless her heart...

I now want to poke said female LE with a sharp stick...
How downright rude. Is that her take on it? That we and the media get off on seeing
the misery these people are in? I think we all want the same thing here(?)
Kyron home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member