2010.11.02 Elisa Baker's Letters (Discussion)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'own world full of hypocrites'
Anyone notice anything odd about that phrase?
I would have expected 'Whole world' moreso than 'own world'.

I think it might be "Our world".

LATEST IN SEARCH FOR ZAHRA: Officials talk about bone found in search of Zahra Baker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Brigida Mack - bio l email

NEWTON, N.C. (WBTV) - WBTV has discovered letters allegedly written by Elisa Baker from her Catawba County jail cell.

In the handwritten letters, Baker discusses everything from Halloween being her favorite holiday to pinning the disappearance of her stepdaughter, Zahra, on her husband, Adam Baker.

Read the letters (note: these are large image files)
Letter 1: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3
Letter 2: Page 1 | Page 2

"He knows what happened to Zahra and yet I'm the one in here at least for now," Baker writes in the letters that also have spiders drawn on them and phrases like "Vamps Rule!" and "Be part of the freak show!"

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13433475

It's all amout ME, ME, Me....she is truly narcisistic and only feels sorry for herself. Barely a passing word on Zahra...she now is casting blame on AB, trying to distance herself from any acts against Zahra...Oh where is this precious child???

Where is Zahra??
I just don't understand why the police did not read the letters from EB before they were mailed out. It makes no logic at all. They would have had so much evidence yet they let it slip right thur the hands of the police. Full watch needs to be on her. Lets just hope the phone call are recorded from the jail and jail visits.

Interesting variation in the comments by the police.

Gein went on to say the police know about the letters.

"They said that they have copies of all the letters that are coming and outgoing and that they know they're legit letters," she said. "So they don't doubt it and neither do we."

Police told WBTV it's possible the letters are real, but that they don't have them.

The case has taken another bizarre twist with Eric Gein, the proprietor of a US website with a history of communicating with prison inmates, releasing what he says are letters written by Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, from jail.

Hickory police say the letters appear to match Elisa's handwriting, but are yet to publicly confirm if they are authentic.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/police...am/story-e6frfkyi-1225947586590#ixzz14gnNojzM

The Hickory Police Department couldn't confirm whether the letters are authentic. Deputy Chief Clyde Deal said Tuesday night that much of the information in the letters has been widely reported in media accounts and isn't new to investigators.

Deal said officers plan to compare the letters with other samples of Elisa Baker's writing. The letters will become part of the investigation, Deal said, but he's unsure how important they are.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/02/1806641/alleged-letters-elisa-baker-zahra.html

I can understand how LE would hold the content of inmates letters somehow at arm's length. On the one hand, they could contain a real clue. OTOH, they are likely to contain rumors, lies and false clues that waste time because the writer is not held to their word in any way. Then too, the inmate is aware their remarks are seen by LE, so the content could be intended to create questions for this intermediate audience, even more than for the addressee.

There are new revelations to report in the search for 10-year-old Zahra Baker. The owners of the crime memorabilia website "Serialkillersink.net" posted a third letter that they say is from Zahra's stepmother Elisa Baker.

http://triad.news14.com/content/top...posts-third-letter-allegedly-from-elisa-baker

did we know this???? it is new story on 14news

eta... sure enough... looks like there are three of them now:
http://serialkillersink.net/skistore/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=903

:waitasec: Amazing she can't even spell her name right. It's signed Elesa not Elisa.

:waitasec: Amazing she can't even spell her name right. It's signed Elesa not Elisa.

This is probably the correct way her name is written on her BC??? possibly???

She has so many aliases maybe she's got them all confused...she's not reliable according to her handwritting analysis...JMHO

It appears to me, these letters are self serving. She's trying to distance herself from her alleged participation in Zahra's demise. Trying to place full blame on AB not her. It won't work out for her, IMO...the "We really didn't kill Zahra" statement is putting herself right there, otherwise why say WE? She must be aware of these letters being made public, I'm sure her attorney's advised against her writting to this sites owner but she does as she pleases..she is a narcisist, IMO...malignant narcisis...JMHO

She now claims she was the abused one, she had the black eyes...She just rambles but these letters are all about ME, ME, ME...her thoughts are all over the place....she won't be able to dig herself out of this. As a matter of fact, she's digging herself deeper in this...JMHO

What fails me is, LE claims she is cooperating, so why haven't they found Zahra???

Where is Zahra?

I just don't understand why the police did not read the letters from EB before they were mailed out. It makes no logic at all. They would have had so much evidence yet they let it slip right thur the hands of the police. Full watch needs to be on her. Lets just hope the phone call are recorded from the jail and jail visits.

How do we know they didn't read them? They might have made copies of them, hopefully they did. Are you suggesting that LE should have held these letters and prevented them being mailed out? I don't believe they can do that legally, but I could be wrong.

As for "evidence", the only thing I see is her placing blame on Adam and not admitting her own culpability in whatever happened to Zahra. They do give an insight into her character and personality, however, which will possibly be used in court, IF it ever goes to trial. She did say she was on suicide watch, but we don't know if that is still in place.

IMO, the varied spellings are very indicative of EB's pre-teen-level mentality. I went through the same phase in 7th grade.:rolleyes: The trying on different hair colors, the doodles with her signature, writing "Vamps Rule!", etc., all marks of youth in search of an identity. Even the letters of ICA seem mature in comparison.

Viewing Elisa/Elesa as the young girl she envisions, it's easy to see her viewing Zahra as competition and EB's resulting lack of motherly instinct. I see EB as a classic borderline personality, and frankly I wonder how her other kids made it into adulthood!

Me thinks the third letter has sold. Let's hope it's to a media outlet who is going to publish the content of that one as well.

IMO, the varied spellings are very indicative of EB's pre-teen-level mentality. I went through the same phase in 7th grade.:rolleyes: The trying on different hair colors, the doodles with her signature, writing "Vamps Rule!", etc., all marks of youth in search of an identity. Even the letters of ICA seem mature in comparison.

Viewing Elisa/Elesa as the young girl she envisions, it's easy to see her viewing Zahra as competition and EB's resulting lack of motherly instinct. I see EB as a classic borderline personality, and frankly I wonder how her other kids made it into adulthood!

SLIGHTLY O/T

Exactly! My real name is Katherine, and my close family members have always called me "Kathy". I never identified with that name...just wasn't me. When I was in 6th grade I went through a phase of trying to change it. "Kathi", "Kate", "Katie", "Rin" , etc.,etc.. When I was in my late teens, friends started calling me "Kat" and that's the name that has stuck through the years.

BACK On/T

I see Elisa's name changes the same way that you do. In my view, she's still trying to find herself and her place in the world. AT 42 YEARS OLD! Big time arrested development going on here, imo.

Im curious as to if the 3rd letter will be published? I hope so. I would be very interested in knowing if it was written before or after the aledged letters to the cousin. If after if it will show her telling different stories to the different people. I personally think she will tell whomever what she thinks will make each individual view her the way she wants them to see her. Hope that makes sense. JMO

Im curious as to if the 3rd letter will be published? I hope so. I would be very interested in knowing if it was written before or after the aledged letters to the cousin. If after if it will show her telling different stories to the different people. I personally think she will tell whomever what she thinks will make each individual view her the way she wants them to see her. Hope that makes sense. JMO

looks like Nancy Grace may be talking about the third letter tonight (and also will have cousin on)

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

Tests results any minute could prove a bone found belongs to missing 10-year-old girl Zahra. And do more shocking jailhouse letters from her stepmom reveal Zahra is dead?

How do we know they didn't read them? They might have made copies of them, hopefully they did. Are you suggesting that LE should have held these letters and prevented them being mailed out? I don't believe they can do that legally, but I could be wrong.

As for "evidence", the only thing I see is her placing blame on Adam and not admitting her own culpability in whatever happened to Zahra. They do give an insight into her character and personality, however, which will possibly be used in court, IF it ever goes to trial. She did say she was on suicide watch, but we don't know if that is still in place.

LE has copies of the letters, the "lady " that owns the website said that in one of the first articles that came out about the letters. I posted the link, way back in the general threads. I think it might have been in the "Hickory Daily News".

LE has copies of the letters, the "lady " that owns the website said that in one of the first articles that came out about the letters. I posted the link, way back in the general threads. I think it might have been in the "Hickory Daily News".

Did LE copy them or did they give LE a copy? I heard someone say LE did NOT read or copy her letter's back when she sent them to this guy, but said they will from now on. They don't read every letter inmates send and or receive.

Did LE copy them or did they give LE a copy? I heard someone say LE did NOT read or copy her letter's back when she sent them to this guy, but said they will from now on. They don't read every letter inmates send and or receive.

IIRC, she didn't say either way, only that yes, they had copies. Let me try to find linkage.

"They said that they have copies of all the letters that are coming and outgoing and that they know they're legit letters," she said. "So they don't doubt it and neither do we."

Police told WBTV it's possible the letters are real, but that they don't have them.

Well there ya go, yes they have them, no they don't. Just like everything in this case, the answer is........WHO KNOWS. lol.

SLIGHTLY O/T

Exactly! My real name is Kath[leen], and my close family members have always called me "Kathy". I never identified with that name...just wasn't me. When I was in 6th grade I went through a phase of trying to change it. "Kathi", "Kate", "Katie", etc.,etc.. When I was in my late teens, friends started calling me "Kat" and that's the name that has stuck through the years.

Same here!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020