2010.12.20 Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents:MANY THANKS sumbunny!:twocents: Trying to multitask and obviously FAILED:banghead:! or perhaps it was wishful thinking on my part! :blushing:(snicker!)

For all that's worth.......:waitasec: HCL's presence on the stand, :innocent: imho:innocent:, with bring some serious "baggage", especially IF he heads into the territory of procedure & protocols and absolute adherence to the aforementioned conditions! Far better for him to serve as the "background adviser" and stay off the stand where his outdated :crazy: CV:crazy: just might be fodder for embarrassing commentary :sick: or maybe the defense gang :croc:will perform the famous "oopsie" and neglect to subpoena him to testify since it worked once before to minimize introducing conflicting probable evidence. :banghead: :blushing::banghead:

I totally agree. But I thought it was proffered as travel expenses being the problem. :waitasec:

You can slap whatever label on to it you want for Dr. Lee, to him it's still money he needs to receive before testifying.LOL

Richard Hornsby says:
December 29, 2009 at 10:38 am

snippet

...the problem an expert witness list creates for Baez is two-fold.

1. It requires your experts to finally give their opinion – and an opinion is no good unless is supports your theory. If their opinion does not support your theory, you don’t list them.

2. It allows the State to inquire into how they are getting paid, by whom, and financial arrangements they have made, and media rights they have negotiated, etc. And if the experts are doing this “pro bono” the State can then go into ulterior reasons they agreed to work on the case – books that are coming out, etc.

3. Finally, when the State deposes an expert (or any attorney deposes the other sides’ expert) the opponent has to pay the expert what the expert charges the hiring attorney. So if these experts are not charging Baez, they are not allowed to charge the State.

Basically the witness list opens Pandora’s Financial Box for Mr. Baez."

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/...time/#comments

Napping as usual - just the location is different....not the courtroom today.

I have been in bed for days with a severe case of the flu. I have a strained chest wall from coughing. After reading this post, I think my rib finally cracked. Thanks logicalgirl!! :crazy:

Just caught up. So who else is hoping that HHJP is just going to say no later? That's what usually happens when he doesn't want to rule in court and be subject to Baez's whining.

And Good, I hope Casey looked bad. She should. And Cindy, you take that photo and...you could plaster yourself with Caylee photos and no one would STILL care about you at all.

ETA: Baez could not BE more obvious in court today. How many thousands of notes has she written in all of these hearings and TODAY it makes him mad? Subtlety, thy name is NOT Baez. Sheez.

Can't they depose Dr Lee by skype? Cheap enough.
Also, isn't it a fact that the expert witness can only charge the prosection what they charged the defense for their service?

Cheney mason claims it was Zero. Shouldn't the prosecution get the same FREE service?

I think the fees are for the visit in July.

From two years ago, nearly to the day!!

December 15, 2008 Dr. Lee says he is indeed working Pro Bono:
"GRACE: Tonight, a stunning discovery allegedly of a trail of bones leading to a child`s skull. All of this just 15 homes away from grandparents George and Cindy`s home.

Straight out to special guest joining us right now, famed forensic pathologist Dr. Henry Lee. He is a forensic scientist and a consultant on the Anthony defense team. Dr. Lee, thank you for being with us. Dr. Lee, what have you heard regarding a trail of bones leading to the child`s skull?

DR. HENRY LEE, FORENSIC SCIENTIST, CONSULTANT TO DEFENSE TEAM: That`s the first time I heard. We were in Florida yesterday. However, as you know, the coroner (ph) did not judge (ph) did not prove that. So the other defense expert, we did not have chance to observe, nor examine anything.

GRACE: Dr. Henry Lee, everyone, famed forensic scientist, is on the Anthony defense team. Dr. Lee, you are saying the judge denied a particular motion. Was that to allow you and other defense experts on the scene while police were processing it?

LEE: Not exactly observe. Not really join examination. But many time, you know, like (ph) cases, most of time, they allow for defense expert to observe. Some of the time, we even join together, work on the searching (ph) of the remain or search of the trace evidence.

GRACE: To Sheryl McCollum joining us tonight, crime analyst and director of the cold case squad at Pine Lake Police Department. Sheryl, I find that highly unusual, that defense experts are at the initial processing of the scene? No way!

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST: No way. With all due respect to Dr. Lee -- and I`ve trained under Dr. Lee -- no way are they going to be on my crime scene. They`re not necessary. They`re not needed.

GRACE: Back to Dr. Henry Lee, who, as you all know, is a famed forensic scientist on the Anthony defense team. Dr. Lee, I`ve just got to ask you, you know, tot mom Casey Anthony was siphoning gasoline from her family`s car to fill up her own tank. How the heck are you getting paid? I`m sure you`re costing a pretty penny. Dr. Lee does not come cheap.

LEE: No, we did not get any pay for that and for -- I`ll say, you know, this country, as you know, everybody entitled a defense. And many forensic experts, we do pro bono cases and that`s our obligation to our profession. As an expert, we look at evidence, doesn`t matter inculpatory, exculpatory, we report (ph) as it is. I don`t think should be labeled as a defense expert going to just for defense. Many time, found more evidence, inculpatory evidence, than the police found. There -- you know, case history, case example, many time we`re allowed to work on the case together. Many of my cases, I let the defense expert observe. It`s nothing wrong.GRACE: So Dr. Lee...

LEE: Nothing unusual.

GRACE: Dr. Lee, are you telling me that you are working on the case pro bono, for free?

LEE: Yes."

Cindy's circle of friends seem to be falling by the wayside. Didn't even see the producer guy there (bald guy)

How did she dig up her latest attorney? We all know the Anthony's aren't paying these folks. What gives?

i thought HHJP looked really tired, and then he got on his computer during AFs speil. I wonder if he didnt have time to prepare for today?

He definitely had no patience for JB today! When he tried to object to photos, and then on his Kronk motion.

:croc:

I attended the hearing today. Jim L. and Holly arrived together with CA, but when it was over, CA had a lot of whispering to do with Baez and they were on the elevator together with the cameramen. Jim L. did not ride the elevator down with Holly or CA. CA went to the parking garage completely alone, not followed by cameras or reporters, just by herself. Her purse has a luggage tag type photo holder on it and inside is a photo of great grandpa holding Caylee on his lap in the nursing home. ICA did not seem to be wearing ankle chains today. CA sat in the courtroom with her attorney and Jim L and Holly sat on the prosecution side across the aisle from CA's attorney. Those two are quite the pair!

Missed Baez' little pipe up in court. I'll need to re-watch it now :)

You can slap whatever label on to it you want for Dr. Lee, to him it's still money he needs to receive before testifying.LOL

LOL! The travel expenses excuse is weak at best. I guess it is the only excuse left. Just sitting around praying that somebody dumps a load of $$$$ their way. haha

Whew. They sure do have a lot of worries.

I think that was him. Here is a photo of Lippman.

lippman.jpg

Geesh! Does Cindy think she needs protection in JP's courtroom? :rolleyes:

I attended the hearing today. Jim L. and Holly arrived together with CA, but when it was over, CA had a lot of whispering to do with Baez and they were on the elevator together with the cameramen. Jim L. did not ride the elevator down with Holly or CA. CA went to the parking garage completely alone, not followed by cameras or reporters, just by herself. Her purse has a luggage tag type photo holder on it and inside is a photo of great grandpa holding Caylee on his lap in the nursing home. ICA did not seem to be wearing ankle chains today. CA sat in the courtroom with her attorney and Jim L and Holly sat on the prosecution side across the aisle from CA's attorney. Those two are quite the pair!

I love hearing your interpretation of what happened in court first hand!
WOW! you must live close!

details!! give us details (makes popcorn) TIA!:dance:

Oh puhleeezeee!!!! Funds are an issue for Dr. Lee?!? :rolleyes:

Well, it's hard to get oranges this time of year. He probably has to smuggle some in from Mexico or South America at this point.

i thought HHJP looked really tired, and then he got on his computer during AFs speil. I wonder if he didnt have time to prepare for today?

He definitely had no patience for JB today! When he tried to object to photos, and then on his Kronk motion.

:croc:

After dealing with Baez for how long now, I'd expect him to be insane or homicidal or both. No wonder he's tired. I bet Baez is shaving years off of HHJP. And something tells me he didn't think he would need to prepare for today like he knew how he was going to rule after reading the last word of the defense motion.

And wow, if that Kronk motion isn't argued...major NAIL in Casey's coffin! Baez is truly an idjit if he doesn't file that motion like TODAY.

Interesting 3some on the prosecution side, looks like a grandmother, mother and young child sitting together. Random public spectators?

Hey hey hey....who you callin' a grandmother??? Ha ha that's me!! I don't know the mom and the two girls. They came in late and had nowhere else to sit.

Richard Hornsby informed us months ago that the expert may only charge the state what they are charging the defense, so if Dr. Lee is pro bono for one, he may not charge the state. So the only matter is the travel expense? That makes no sense since the judge has made it ABUNDANTLY clear he endorses the depos being done by Skpe or like transmission electronically.

In the words of Dr. Lee himself, "Something wrong".

found it:
Richard Hornsby says:
December 29, 2009 at 10:38 am

snippet

...the problem an expert witness list creates for Baez is two-fold.

1. It requires your experts to finally give their opinion – and an opinion is no good unless is supports your theory. If their opinion does not support your theory, you don’t list them.
2. It allows the State to inquire into how they are getting paid, by whom, and financial arrangements they have made, and media rights they have negotiated, etc. And if the experts are doing this “pro bono” the State can then go into ulterior reasons they agreed to work on the case – books that are coming out, etc.

3. Finally, when the State deposes an expert (or any attorney deposes the other sides’ expert) the opponent has to pay the expert what the expert charges the hiring attorney. So if these experts are not charging Baez, they are not allowed to charge the State.

Basically the witness list opens Pandora’s Financial Box for Mr. Baez."

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/...time/#comments

At the last hearing, JA said that one of the defense witnesses (Dr Michael Freeman, epidemiologist?)was going to charge the state $575.00/hour to do a deposition. Does that mean he is being paid by the defense and is not pro bono?

Hey hey hey....who you callin' a grandmother??? Ha ha that's me!! I don't know the mom and the two girls. They came in late and had nowhere else to sit.

Funny Amil. I would have thought that it was a mother and three daughters. You being the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member