2010.12.22 Prosecutors Call for Sanctions Against the Defense

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the Motion been posted yet?
I have looked but have been unsuccessful.

Also, is the Orlando sentinel the only media outlet to have reported Ashton's Sanction Motion?
WFTV, WESH, FOX etc.. have nothing reported...unless I have missed something.

I noticed that too that it's not on the other websites. You would think that with OS reporting it the stations would jump to do so too. :waitasec:

I think, though, that defense attorneys are somewhat like LE. They have to detach themselves or the grief would be overwhelming and they could never do their job. jmo

Normally, I would agree with that, but he didn't detach himself because it upset him. He hasn't detached himself at all, just chosen to forget about Caylee as a person who deserved to live and breathe so he wouldn't feel bad about making money off of her. His greed is what made him forget about Caylee, not his heart. It's cold and black and only beats for money. Sorry, but I just can't put him in the same league with normal, competent defense attorneys who care about doing their job.

That is what worries me. Has he been going for "incompetent counsel" from the beginning? How do we know he isn't intentionally screwing this up?

Maybe he has, who knows. But it's not going to work thanks Judge Strickland and now Judge Perry. He try for incompetent all he wants, it's going to go NOWHERE on appeal. Judge Strickland flat out asked Casey if she was happy with her defense, and she said yes. I think HHJP has asked her too and it's still yes. The only reason I can see him feigning incompetence is to get thrown off of the case at some point, especially with that new law that says he can't leave just because the money runs out.

I don't think he's feigning, though. After watching him for two and a half years, he's an idjit lawyer through and through! And yes, he has surpassed "idiot" to "idjit".

Was there suppose to be something due today for the Judge? Was it something from defense about Kronk and did JB have until today to get it filed or the judge would not consider it because he would not be available until after the new year?

I don't think JB is withholding the experts statements or opinions-I don't think he just doesn't have anything helpful from his experts. So far, his expert's opinions have been a bluff by JB. But now he is required to produce that information, and he has nothing. How can he possibly handle this at the next hearing? Surely he won't stand up and say "I can't produce it because I dont have anything"? This should be a fascinating hearing!
----------------
I just rewatched the 2 hour hearing on issuing a gag order (from Nov 25,2008) that was being discussed earlier in this thread. One of JB's statements really stood out for me. JB is commenting on Ashton's motion -"...there is a whole lot of hot air, and not a whole lot of law"
Priceless!!!! He has described all of his own motions to a T !!!

Normally, I would agree with that, but he didn't detach himself because it upset him. He hasn't detached himself at all, just chosen to forget about Caylee as a person who deserved to live and breathe so he wouldn't feel bad about making money off of her. His greed is what made him forget about Caylee, not his heart. It's cold and black and only beats for money. Sorry, but I just can't put him in the same league with normal, competent defense attorneys who care about doing their job.

LOL. Detaching allows him to do those other things without worrying about if it's right or wrong. A GOOD attorney knows when to turn if off, go home to their babies, hug and kiss them goodnight and then ask God for the strength to face another day with their client. JB obviously lacks those qualities from what we know about his child support history. jmo

the lack of reporting on this motion by Jeff Ashton is intriguing. Aside from the article in today's paper, the only other mention of it I can find is at the end of an article on WESH's web site about the motions filed by the defense. The last paragraph mentions this motion only very briefly.

How curious that the 6 motions from the defense are plastered all over every local media web site, but the one motion from the State gets little attention at all. I wonder why?

That is what worries me. Has he been going for "incompetent counsel" from the beginning? How do we know he isn't intentionally screwing this up?

I can't imagine that JB would "fall on his sword" for ICA. How would insuring an incompetent council benefit JB ? Am I missing something? (That would not surprise my kids if I am :crazy: )

I don't think JB is withholding the experts statements or opinions-I don't think he just doesn't have anything helpful from his experts.

BBM and respectfully snipped.

I personally think the problem is the defenses experts have nothing to refute the States evidence. EVERY expert, person in position of authority/public interest with the job of investigating or examining (that I have interacted with)has always produced a report IN WRITING. Otherwise, if it wasn't written down...it wasn't done.

Some experts don't take written reports at time of exam, but they orate into a recorder, which is later transcibed to written form.

The defense received the report either physically or verbally and just didn't like what the report contained. He most likely stated...don't send me your report, just tell me what it says. That way he could feign ignorance. "I didn't know he/she produced a report, I have never received one".

Just receiving a oral report, may be the "work product" avenue he is seeking.

JMO

I wonder where the media is getting the information that they are releasing.

The hearing notice for Jan. 3 and JA's new motion have not yet been listed on the court docket. I guess the docket is not a "real time" kind of web page. Maybe later this morning they will update it. I'll keep an eye on it.

I think the media went and picked up the motion from the clerk/courthouse. WFTV and WESH both reported the hearing on 1/3/2011. The Sentinel obviously had a copy of the motion for their story, but they rarely share. The clerk's financial info shows when copies have been purchased.

Someone purchased something today, so maybe by tonight's news cycle, we will have it:

12/23/2010 Transaction Assessment 9.00
12/23/2010 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2010-78739 ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE (9.00)

I've come to the conclusion...Baez, and his client, are seriously missing a few screws.

Baez HAS to know what he's doing is not right, it borders insanity.

Man oh man, I can't WAIT for Baez's opening statement when it finally gets to trial. Ms. Cindy will probably stand up waiving her hand and everything ;)

MOO

Mel

I know you are correct about that, and it even makes sense that they would have to do that. But I just don't see JB caring about anyone but himself.... not even the client he says is 100% innocent, much less her murdered child.

JMO

Since the Florida bar saw fit to make mention of it, I can tell you my opinion... any man that does not pay his child support.....well you can pretty well predict his moral and financial focus is himself. How it relates to this case is he clearly did not care enough about Casey Anthony to work her case, depose the LE or FBI officers, have his experts review the evidence, or take time to review the TES documents sitting in Nejame's office available to him for over a year. He penny pinched and did so very little with her money, judging by results. Let that be your guide when you are gauging how invested in Casey he really is.

The Florida Bar on Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."

He is disrespecting the wrong judge!
Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes. He has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

Judge Perry has been on the bench in Central Florida for 21 years.
http://www.wftv.com/news/23234238/detail.html

I think the media went and picked up the motion from the clerk/courthouse. WFTV and WESH both reported the hearing on 1/3/2011. The Sentinel obviously had a copy of the motion for their story, but they rarely share. The clerk's financial info shows when copies have been purchased.

Someone purchased something today, so maybe by tonight's news cycle, we will have it:

12/23/2010 Transaction Assessment 9.00
12/23/2010 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2010-78739 ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE (9.00)

Heh. That was me. Will have it up shortly - :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members