2010.5.5 New Tommy Lyndsy Jailhouse Tape-discussing pills

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The overdose story is a possibility. That kind of thing has definitely happened, definitely. The thing about that though, is that you wouldn't expect these people to keep their story together as well as they did. I mean, small time junkies--you would expect them to sing like canaries at the police station. I just don't believe these people would have taken care of matters as quickly as they did if it had been an overdose.

Yes, welcome. Great first post. And this is the thing that has confused the h*ll out of me. There's three of them sitting in jail and most likely, they all know what happened. The death penalty is the maximum potential sentence for this crime.

What have they done that all three are equally involved? I don't believe that Tommy and Misty are that afraid of Ron, decapitated rats nonwithstanding. If a child accidently overdoses can you be charged with murder, if you are a drug dealer? Whatever went down in the MH that night is serious business and must be quite complicated and nasty.

They have gone through withdrawal in there. Misty mentioned to her dad that she was getting 'medicine' every day. Tommy was complaining of withdrawal type symptoms two months after he got arrested. I bet LE didn't make it easy for them either. If they got an opiate substitute in prison, it would only be enough to make sure they didn't go into withdrawal seizures. I'm sure LE did leave them feeling a good bit of pain. Any normal junky would find it incredibly difficult to stay put and not sing. Well nigh impossible. Whatever happened has the three of them tied together like glue and they must all be in it as deep as the next one. IMO.

Whatever happened has the three of them tied together like glue and they must all be in it as deep as the next one. IMO.[/QUOTE]

and TN and GGMS

I won't start any poo poo here but srsly aoibhinn,you and cowdaddy are right.

WHATEVER they are involved in is
1- worse than withdrawls
2- worse than LWOP
3- worse than the death penalty

What is scarier than a humane death?
TORTURE?

seems like they have been TOLD IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS-
RC used the rat to pass the message along.

I can't believe I am EVEN thinking this but maybe they are where they are
so that they continue to see the sun rise every day (for now)

Don't get me wrong! They are all where they are at this moment because of the choices they have made. Lord knows if imma get maimed and killed I wanna be good and messed up (high on drugs, numb) when it happens :waitasec: wait?
:banghead:

Long term member of Narcotics Anonymous here, and still very active in NA. I have never heard of "powder" as a reference to anything except powdered cocaine, and I regularly hear it as a reference to powdered cocaine. This is as opposed to crack. People will say they did "powder" as a means of telling you that they were not a crackhead (of course, a lot of times the person telling you he/she did powder--they are a crackhead, because as far as I can tell, hardly anybody does powder these days.)

I believe Tommy when he says he wasn't really into cocaine, because he has all the marks of an opiate addict. Opiate addicts are much more functional--for a few hours a day anyway--than crackheads. He says he was more into pills (opiates) and I believe him and it jibes with what Lindsy seems to know of him and what they were busted selling. That doesn't mean he never smoked crack.

One thing about an opiate addict: They are not known for committing sex crimes. In fact, they aren't known for caring much about sex at all. Opiate addicts are also not known for violence. They're known for cowardly thefts and things like that.

A certain percentage of males who use cocaine apparently are into sex while using cocaine. Regarding another drug that I don't know if they used must be around Satsuma--meth--apparently some male meth heads are into sex, and meth is also very much associated with violence.

None of this leaves us anywhere. I mean, it does leave me feeling certain that if Tommy committed a sex crime or took part in violence, he was using some other drug than his drug of choice, because based on what I know of his drug of choice--and I know more than I'm going to go into here--a sex crime or a violent crime does not fit the profile of an opiate addict. This type of crime does not fit the profile of a crack head or a powder head either, but more likely than an opiate junkie.

Joe Overstreet is an unknown. I don't know what drugs he likes or if he even uses drugs. We have seen his facebook profile picture, and this type of picture--an opiate addict generally would prefer to keep a lower profile than put a picture of himself up on facebook holding a gun.

This guy appears a lot bolder and more unpredictible to me than Tommy or Ron. His grandmother said he did some time for stealing a car. This type of crime is a bit bolder than walking to the back of some handicapped guy's trailer and stealing one of his guns, which sounds like a typical opiate junkie crime.

The overdose story is a possibility. That kind of thing has definitely happened, definitely. The thing about that though, is that you wouldn't expect these people to keep their story together as well as they did. I mean, small time junkies--you would expect them to sing like canaries at the police station. I just don't believe these people would have taken care of matters as quickly as they did if it had been an overdose.

If Joe Overstreet really said that river would be a great place to kill somebody--that says a lot. But we don't know if he said that. We wouldn't expect Tommy to make such a statement because Tommy is either high and feeling fine, or he's not high and thinking of what he can steal to get high. He's not thinking about killing anybody.

I wish we knew more about Joe Overstreet.
They were going to say something about JO on NG but they wouldnt say because he was underage then. Not unless they brought it up JO and Lawyer) then they would!

When TC is complaining of Back Pain Thats his Withdraws from his pills. Also oxy is poor mans herion and Medications can effect people differently! Just like Benadryl can knock some people out and can make others hyper!:twocents:

What have they done that all three are equally involved? I don't believe that Tommy and Misty are that afraid of Ron, decapitated rats nonwithstanding. If a child accidently overdoses can you be charged with murder, if you are a drug dealer? Whatever went down in the MH that night is serious business and must be quite complicated and nasty.

They have gone through withdrawal in there. Misty mentioned to her dad that she was getting 'medicine' every day. Tommy was complaining of withdrawal type symptoms two months after he got arrested. I bet LE didn't make it easy for them either. If they got an opiate substitute in prison, it would only be enough to make sure they didn't go into withdrawal seizures. I'm sure LE did leave them feeling a good bit of pain. Any normal junky would find it incredibly difficult to stay put and not sing. Well nigh impossible. Whatever happened has the three of them tied together like glue and they must all be in it as deep as the next one. IMO.

I don't know that they have to be equally involved. We know odds are high a sex crime took place, and Misty wouldn't have shared equal involvement in that. Misty could have even been passed out. This sounds very far fetched: but it is also possible that Misty has blocked it out of her consciousness. I don't know who did the attempted hypnosis on Misty or how qualified that person was, but didn't some statements she made while under indicate a sex crime? If I were the sheriff, I'd contact somebody like Richard Bandler and get the names of some hypnotists who would be best qualified to put Misty under. I'm no expert, but this might be the kind of thing that would call for repeated sessions rather than just one session--putting a subject into a deep trance with amnesia--I think there often has to be a buildup to that, over several or more sessions. I would also think that it would be difficult to judge a subject as being uncooperative based on one session.

Of course, there may have been no sex crime. Misty could have accidentally pushed Haleigh into something.

Regarding Misty's "medicine"--I know of some jails giving out methadone to inmates in withdrawal.

At first I believed Misty was protecting Tommy, but, man, today I just can't see her protecting Tommy. I could see her protecting Ron, but Ron appears to be in the clear, unless Haleigh overdosed on Ron's meds (and contrary to what Chelsea said about pills laying around all over the place--junkies don't normally leave pills laying around all over the place any more, especially not with family members like Tommy running around).

I saw where a moderator said to stay on topic, and I don't know if this is exactly on topic, but I don't know what thread to put it on.

cowdadddy well, it is pills...
and you are right! NOBODY addicted to strong narcotics EVER loses a pill they count them all the time and ALWAYS know exactly how many they have.
No pill goes "missing" sadly tho children do it seems

I don't know that they have to be equally involved. We know odds are high a sex crime took place, and Misty wouldn't have shared equal involvement in that. Misty could have even been passed out. This sounds very far fetched: but it is also possible that Misty has blocked it out of her consciousness. I don't know who did the attempted hypnosis on Misty or how qualified that person was, but didn't some statements she made while under indicate a sex crime? If I were the sheriff, I'd contact somebody like Richard Bandler and get the names of some hypnotists who would be best qualified to put Misty under. I'm no expert, but this might be the kind of thing that would call for repeated sessions rather than just one session--putting a subject into a deep trance with amnesia--I think there often has to be a buildup to that, over several or more sessions. I would also think that it would be difficult to judge a subject as being uncooperative based on one session.

Of course, there may have been no sex crime. Misty could have accidentally pushed Haleigh into something.
I didn't realise that a sex crime was any higher on the list of possibilities than many of the other theories out there. E.g. the gun sale theory. I have always thought it highly unlikely myself, mostly for the reasons on the narcotics the main suspects were fond of.
I didn't hear Misty's hypnosis tape but I did read that she was considered not to be a suitable candidate for it. On a scale of 1-10, she scored a 2. Apparently, her personality type does not lend itself easily to hypnosis.
Fingers have always been pointed at JO by this crew and various motives have been attributed to him.
Regarding Misty's "medicine"--I know of some jails giving out methadone to inmates in withdrawal.
Correct. That's what I was implying there. She also complained they were charging her for the medicine.
At first I believed Misty was protecting Tommy, but, man, today I just can't see her protecting Tommy. I could see her protecting Ron, but Ron appears to be in the clear, unless Haleigh overdosed on Ron's meds (and contrary to what Chelsea said about pills laying around all over the place--junkies don't normally leave pills laying around all over the place any more, especially not with family members like Tommy running around).
After viewing Misty's tapes, I don't see her protecting anybody except herself. She threw a number of people under the bus in her visits and phonecalls. Apparently, anyone she could think of. She said that all of Ron's family were pill-heads, accused Nay-Nay of something else. Nobody got off actually, family, friends or acquaintances.
Regarding the pills thrown around the house, I agree with you. I could see maybe a stray one that had slipped between the cushions of the couch, maybe. Junkies are very careful/mean with their pills and I would doubt even Misty had easy access to Ron's stash. Nevermind that a 5year old living with junkie parents would have been warned time and time again about the difference between 'medicine' and sweets. Haleigh would have known the difference IMO.
I saw where a moderator said to stay on topic, and I don't know if this is exactly on topic, but I don't know what thread to put it on.
It's probably a little more suited to the theories thread but I wanted to respond to anyway. Apologies mods. :)

These people can afford a cocaine habit? I'm not being snotty about their socio-economic status but isn't that a bit more expensive than most drug habits? I don't know much about any of that.

"Powder" in the SE US is also just as likely to refer to meth. I'd be much more apt to believe that the Croslins dipped their sniffers in meth than coke.

I didn't realise that a sex crime was any higher on the list of possibilities than many of the other theories out there. E.g. the gun sale theory. I have always thought it highly unlikely myself, mostly for the reasons on the narcotics the main suspects were fond of.

I was thinking like statistically--we've got two males involved here in the disappearance of a female child. And then the couch bouncing up and down. But I shouldn't have said a sex crime was most likely, because I don't know.

But I certainly agree with what you said about the drugs that we know of making a sex crime much less likely, at least for Tommy.

Somebody said powder refers to meth in the southeast. I'm in the southeast, but I didn't know that. None of them have the appearance of meth heads, and meth doesn't exactly go along with the opiates. But we can be pretty sure meth is all around Satsuma.

After viewing Misty's tapes, I don't see her protecting anybody except herself. She threw a number of people under the bus in her visits and phonecalls. Apparently, anyone she could think of. She said that all of Ron's family were pill-heads, accused Nay-Nay of something else. Nobody got off actually, family, friends or acquaintances.

I know about some of that. And I've wondered if she has told everything she knows. I have seen some of the tapes, and I really can't see her protecting anybody either.

Good Lord! I could not listen to more than 3 minutes of this new tape!

Tommy may or may not have been involved in Haleigh's disappearance, but IMO, he sure as heck knows what happened. He needs to tell the truth once and for all no matter who it implicates.

I read on this thread were someone believes or heard that harder drugs are involved here. After I read RC's arrest history, I noticed that he was arrested for Meth. Meth is a VERY BAD DRUG. Can turn the nicest person to the meanest. I believe I read the MC was "partying" for several days before she came home to babysit. If she had been on Meth for all those days and not sleeping, don't you think her temper would be very short. I believe pills are not the only drugs being abused here. I have also read that Meth affects your sex drive........ I am just throwing some of my thoughts out here. I have read so many posts and I just can't wrap my head around this "mystery". Thanks everyone for your insightful posts.

I believe RC,MC,ToC and the cousin are directly involved. I believe the other family members (MC's side) all know too.

I just don't understand how they can't CRACK a young girl like Misty.

I live in the south also and have never heard of powder referencing Meth. Powder is Coke, always has been. It is the the slang word for it. It is different than crack, which is a rock. In regards to the Meth, many people can be meth addicts and you would not know until they have hit rock bottom. How skinny they were does put me in the mind of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back