2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly...HHJP making veiled reference that civil attorneys have started making a practice of coming after defense attorneys for mis-using JAC funds.

HHJP said something like, "I only want to try this once...but I won't mind doing it twice." IMHO, meaning the defense shouldn't even think about misappropriations. Second trial would be civil trial against the defense attys.

Casey is bored. Very, very bored. IMO. Using body language stuff. I am so sorry this is so boring for her. I wonder if she wonders why anyone is even bothering.

Held in contempt!!!! ETA: CM said, he has never been and never will be held in contempt and the judge said, "well..."

:twocents:

CM: "I've been practicing for 40 years never been found in contempt!"
HJBP: "I know you have..."
CM: (interrupts) "not going to let it happen either."

Did HHJP just threaten the defense with a $500 per day contempt fine??

CM replied, "In 40 yrs. I have never been held in contempt".

Now HHJP calls JB and CM to sidebar. :angel:

Holy Cow Baez looks like he's going to cry.

He just caught a break - judge will hear the motions but he's warning about deadlines and holding counsel in contempt.

Mason is a mumbling fool man. He's not been held in contempt and he's not going to allow it today...they are called to side bar.

Oh this side bar is gonna be AWESOME! Wish I could hear it.

CM "has never been held in contempt and isn't going to start today." JBP: "Well, I'll take you at your word." :crazy:

Judge wants to see JB & CM at the sidebar.

Well that was a nice veiled threat. CM makes an excuse for missing the deadline on the motions and says it's because he doesn't want to try it twice.

HHJP reminded CM that he doesn't mind trying it twice and that there is a new class of attorneys out there bringing civil suits against errant defense attorneys who waste state resources to recover funds for the JAC. lolololoLLLLL! That might be my favorite Perry-ism to date!

I feel a whooping coming at the sidebar!!!!

Well, CM, you CHOSE this case to retire on...should NEVER have taken it! GO HHJP!!!!!

Rhut Rho..Me thinks the Judge just gave an unvailed threat of further sanctions..Me also thinks he see's exactly what the defense is trying to do!!! Kudo's Judge Perry :woohoo:

I pat myself on the back "PIVOTAL' was the right word for this hearing.
WOWSERS.

Who says faces don't tell a story!

iflookscouldtellastory2.jpg

Rut Ro...sidebar JUST for the defense! That can't be good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141