2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he really believe that? It's hard to imagine how he got a reputation as an astute lawyer, for so far we have seen so many errors that it's embarrassing.
All the planets must have been in perfect alignment when Mason and Baez decided to get together.... sheesh.

I thought earlier today, maybe JB was "rushing" his motions filed last week. But when Cheney stated he worked on 20 of them, then I knew the date typed on the tattoo motion wasn't an error. It was intentional. Then when I heard him make the statement about the motion he gave to Linda earlier today was to toss out the interview at Universal because ICA was handcuffed and not mirandized he was attempting to try the patience of the SA and HHJP.

Didn't work.

I mean, really, the Universal interview was the only one in which she said anything true ("OK, I don't work here"). ;)

Well, I don't know. If they can keep in the written statement, and the statement she made to Yuri at the house, and the statements she made on the 911 call, that will cover a lot of the same territory.

Do you know if she indicated anything about that alleged July 16th phone call from Caylee in her written statement?

Correct, like creating a situation just to CAUSE a mistrial so that the state has to pay for another trial. I think the defense's strategy is to create a mistrial and keep this going until memories fade and perhaps more evidence can get tossed.

They need that Universal testimony thrown out. Because, someone correct if I'm wrong, doesn't Casey indicate ON TAPE that she spoke to Caylee on the telephone on a certain day? Which would be hard to do if it can be proven that Caylee was already dead by the time that alleged phone call took place.

BBM !!! TY TY TY

TY Button Wasn't enough. This has always baffled me.

I mean, really, the Universal interview was the only one in which she said anything true ("OK, I don't work here"). ;)

LOL Spot on.

But even that's important to with out a doubt prove the lying to police charge.

"Beyond outrageous?" What his is arguing is "beyond outrageous" and cannot be tolerated. I let it go by that people say the defense reads here...

but the defense reads here. That is pathetic. We are nobodies that have nothing to do with anything he is talking about "bloggers" right now.

This is sick!!!!!!!!!1
What's even sicker is that they get all their ideas for motions right here...case in point...the one that was slipped in today about her trip to Universal. Did CM really say that she was handcuffed? Nothing like lying.

That is CM's fault. He is the death-qualified attorney. He is supposed to be the lead attorney. He should be going over everything co-counsel does with a fine-tooth-comb. He should be informed about what happens when he is not in the courtroom. It's not like these hearings are not available online. It's no excuse, imo.

WAIT!! these hearings are available online?!! WHERE! ? LOL jk jk jk! Back to work

That is the other thing cecy and I were gabbing about...CM needs to stop this yammering about not being up to speed. He wasn't born yesterday. This case has been going on about as long as Caylee was alive. He has been mumbling and bumbling around as much as JB. If he wasn't present at the previous hearing, he could have easily watched it via any number of news sites on the web, and taken copious notes and been caught up to speed. Just like HHJP, my patience is running thin with pathetic excuses and problems created by the Defense that they should be easily dealing with.

JB knows on the inside how hard we will be laughing when he presents his expert witness list and maybe only one expert is actually on it.

Then he will insist HHJP put out a BOLO on Big Bird, because that bird, flew the coup when he saw the mound of evidence against their client.

FYI I noticed in a few clips of the hearing...though I couldn't watch much nor hear sound how KC's expression changed demonstrably when they began talking about the motion re: her sex life. Imagine what her facial expression(s) and posture and demeanor will be when TL is on the stand talking baout the activities of the nite Caylee disappeared...The Defense has clearly not prepared her nor prepped her for how thorough and scathing and true the assault will be on her character and behavior and actions at trial. I can't wait to watch. :)

CM wants 'carefully trained court reporters.'

HHJP: 'All our court reporters are carefully trained.'

Translation: CM is alluding to those who are able to decipher his mumblings.

This comment by CM really angered me. He is so condescending to everyone that it is unbelievable. I don't see how the SA are able to contain themselves at times. MOO

This is the best thing that has happened in the case to date.
Every one of their experts must prepare a report an may not testify to opionions that are not in that report or divulged in a depo. That is how it should be according to Florida rules, but with this defense team feigning ignorance to the rules, in so many ways for so long....now it is crystal clear that there will be no exceptions, even to these two.

I remember Mr. Diaz, the former client of Baez saying that baez wanted to hold things back to drop the big surprise on the prosecution at trial. Good grief.

Many of the other things were unnecessary, since the state was never ever going to go against the well settled rules.

I am overjoyed that the judge did award sanctions, I could not care less about the fine, I care that he gave the state the remedy to the problem. Now we can get serious and the state can properly depose the experts. The rest is a piece of cake.
I loved that the Judge let them know the canine issue is well settled as admissable, no matter how many times they tried to suggest otherwise.

I agree that Cheney was definitley danglind Baez over the hot grease, a few times. He gave a half hearted argument at best in response to Mr. Ashton's argument for sanctions.

The funniest thing to me was the judge trying to throw Baez a hint, and Baez still didin't catch on when the judge was asking you understood the dates on my order, you realized the clock on the wall ticked past that time period did it occur to you to pick up the phone....Jose answered no because I didn't think anyone was prejudiced if I ......

in other words I thought better of your ruling and I decided it was OK.
He proved Mr. Ashton's point in that one answer he willfully, knowingly disrespected the court's order. The judge decided at that second. Listening to Cheney was just for perfunctory reasons, but he had heard enough from Jose's one simple answer.

You just can't make this stuff up. His side grins are too, too funny!

so the purpose of the Judge bringing out Jackson in court was to put on record there was a so called witness for the defense. This way on appeal the Defense doesn't try to use, we had a witness but blah blah blah

Here's an article that includes the JibJab video of Casey, with the article saying "This video is among the evidence documents released by the Orange County Sheriff's Office today."

It's not clear to me how this satirical video is relevant to the case.

BBM. It is not. It is a part of the Defense 'strategy' to point the finger at the media and bloggers who have already convicted ICA ... allegedly.

Do you know if she indicated anything about that alleged July 16th phone call from Caylee in her written statement?

IIRC, she mentioned the phone call in the written statement, in the statement she made to Yuri at the house, and possibly also in the 911 call.

Here's an article that includes the JibJab video of Casey, with the article saying "This video is among the evidence documents released by the Orange County Sheriff's Office today."

It's not clear to me how this satirical video is relevant to the case.

Thanks Bullwinkle! That's what I was looking for, not sure how I missed that one.

Well, CM, you CHOSE this case to retire on...should NEVER have taken it! GO HHJP!!!!!

-------------------------
This is ridiculous.CM. should either go on disability or retire.
HE CANT HEAR! LOL.HHJP was shouting at him and he still couldnt hear.
How can he be part of a defese team in trial when words are flying fast and furious.Give it up already!

Heard that..........wonder who he was talking about?

I heard him say 'Julie' when he was talking about this - said she taught him to use the computer, and that she brought the hatchet to keep him from asking for paper.

I was ROFL

This comment by CM really angered me. He is so condescending to everyone that it is unbelievable. I don't see how the SA are able to contain themselves at times. MOO

Actually I think CM is prejudiced and is having a hard time relating to the judge. Very sad for CM.

Salem

are they talkin about us???

The very fact that they are talking about us shows this forum is a thorn in their side and not because the issues discussed here are nonsensical. Nothing worse for the defense than a group who works well together "brainstorming" the matters presented through discovery. Gives them a little insight into what the jury will probably be doing. jmo

My guess is his Court Clerk. Judges are all different some like hard copies of all the filings (complete with all the related law cited in a brief) and others use their computers and access the court docket from the internet. Each judge has his own preference. But it appears his Court Clerk is attempting to get His Honor to go paperless.

BBM~~

I do think that using all the internet capabilities offered to defense almost a year ago would have saved the defense a whole load of time and money..there is absolutely no excuse for them (defense) not to use electronic venues to save money in travel..both for themselves and their witnesses...It is obvious Defense is using anything to delay..delay..

AS far as their expert witnesses not giving reports or opinions..Hog Wash..The defense knows full well on their opinions..and knows they (defense) has very little standing room to rebut anything..

I love that the Judge gave the ruling and headsup that NOTHING will be allowed as a "AHAA MOMENT" in this case!! Good job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower