2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone who posted the updates from the hearing! I was at work but kept checking and refreshing the page to see what was happening.

The sad thing is that I kind of wish Casey had a more effective lawyer and defense. I just know that Cindy (and maybe others) will be saying afterwards that she wouldn't have been convicted if she had a better lawyer. In a way, I'd like Casey to have the best possible lawyer - because it's clear to me at least that even the most brilliant lawyer would NOT be able to get her off. The evidence is just too solid and too clear. And if she had a great lawyer, that would just pound home the point of her guilt.

Tink

Happy i had the day off to watch this live, I'm re-watching the hearing now. Sure is worth a 2nd or 3rd watch. JB sure kept his head down to the table, writing when he was sanctioned. Hope he has those 'instructions' right or he's going to have to get a 2nd job to pay up. LOL

Why did Mason stand before the judge and say he had no knowledge of the judge offering for Baez to drop off his digital recorder to the court and the judge would arrange to have those recordings transcribed? I recall Mason sitting at the defense table that very day the judge was offering that. Am I going crazy?

He skips right over something as if that makes it go away. I used to date a guy like that, kicked him to the curb as you may have guessed. The judge explains he offered Jose after hours dates two of them before the Christmas break and Jose did not take him up on it. Cheney just keeps on going with his cookie cutter presentation, this is the way I rehearsed it, and by God these are my talking points I am going to get out.

Is Cheney picking up on the theme here....Jose drops the ball?

What is curious to me is if Cheney Mason has been a defense attorney for 39 years, surely he has had to follow the rules of discovery in Florida for low these many years regarding expert testimony and handing over reports. Why is he acting like this is his first day in a new state and these new rules are shocking to him. It insults the judge's intelligence for him to as Jeff Ashton calls it, correctly, "feign of ignorance". That is the only question I have tonight.

This has probably already been stated but I think Baez' only high point today was when Casey complimented him on his hair saying that she liked it. Could someone bring her back to reality and let her know she is on trial for first degree murder and she will probably get the DP, spending the rest of her life eating all of her meals next to a toilet, living for the most part in solitary confinement awaiting her date with the executioner.

But.... he's on mute button duty :rocker:

POST OF THE DAY!!!!

When Cheney turned to Jose and informed him he would be in charge of the mute button, it was like Skipper telling Gilligan to pick up some sticks, hurry up little buddy. Classic!

IMO, CM is throwing JB under the bus in a big way. His clear implication was that HE had to do all this work with these motions--and it was soooo much work that maybe he was sloppy here or there--was that his co-counsel is a <pre-snipped to save mods cleanup work>.

Fun memories: His Honor alerting the defense to the existence of Mr. Curtis Jackson, who knows who killed Caylee... JA's opening argument!... JB's face when HHJP was talking about those lawyers who sue attorneys... defense gets a special spanking at sidebar... tone of LDB's voice when agreeing to JibJab motion...

Pardon me for coming in late here.

Mason claimed he has put in **600** hours on this case. That amounts to 11.538 hours per week over the past year (and I think he's been on the case longer than that).

Yeah, he looks overworked. Not.

Thank you to everyone who posted the updates from the hearing! I was at work but kept checking and refreshing the page to see what was happening.

The sad thing is that I kind of wish Casey had a more effective lawyer and defense. I just know that Cindy (and maybe others) will be saying afterwards that she wouldn't have been convicted if she had a better lawyer. In a way, I'd like Casey to have the best possible lawyer - because it's clear to me at least that even the most brilliant lawyer would NOT be able to get her off. The evidence is just too solid and too clear. And if she had a great lawyer, that would just pound home the point of her guilt.

Tink

Perhaps I misunderstood but I think JP said he didn't mind having to do this a second time. I took that as a warning to the defense that if they screw up he'll just do it all over again. Did anyone catch that too or am I taking it out of context?

I do wonder if ICA finally got the jest of Jeff's words this afternoon in his argument for the sanctions. More than once, Jeff referenced ICA getting a fair trial and protecting her rights, that JB wasn't doing his job on purpose and ignoring court orders. ICA witnessing HHJP dressing JB down to his briefs (pun intended) was a mastercard moment for everyone but ICA and her team.

There could be an implosion coming again within the defense team. I betcha Ann F. wasn't happy with JB today. Also wonder exactly what Ann has said to ICA about the course of destruction the defense is on.

Perhaps I misunderstood but I think JP said he didn't mind having to do this a second time. I took that as a warning to the defense that if they screw up he'll just do it all over again. Did anyone catch that too or am I taking it out of context?
I took it as HHJP saying "Don't threaten me with a redo of this trial. If it has to be done, it will be." Imo, he wanted CM to know he wasn't intimidated in the least and he came back with a threat of his own.

Tink

BBM

The thing is.....with all of her high profile / dream experts...she has indeed received effective representation. We have no way of knowing how she feels about her counsel, their actions, and their "strategy".....BUT we do know that the "Court" has offered a number of opportunities for her to raise any concerns she may have.

She can NOT come back later and claim that she failed to agree with her counsel's "strategy". She has heard EVERY admonishment of her counsel and been afforded PLENTY of time to "object".

A shatty "strategy" does not automatically render her counsel ineffective, just lacking in "talent". There IS a difference. IMO...they already know that.

I do wonder if ICA finally got the jest of Jeff's words this afternoon in his argument for the sanctions. More than once, Jeff referenced ICA getting a fair trial and protecting her rights, that JB wasn't doing his job on purpose and ignoring court orders. ICA witnessing HHJP dressing JB down to his briefs (pun intended) was a mastercard moment for everyone but ICA and her team.

There could be an implosion coming again within the defense team. I betcha Ann F. wasn't happy with JB today. Also wonder exactly what Ann has said to ICA about the course of destruction the defense is on.

I doubt ICA will ever get it. I don't think she's very bright and just like her mother she puts the blame on people who don't deserve it. She won't think that Jose isn't doing his job, she'll think it's mean Mr. Ashton picking on her again, or Judge Perry being too strict with her boys.

Pardon me for coming in late here.

Mason claimed he has put in **600** hours on this case. That amounts to 11.538 hours per week over the past year (and I think he's been on the case longer than that).

Yeah, he looks overworked. Not.

I have learned I was wrong - Mason has only been on board for 9.5 months. That means he's been slaving away for 14.286 hours per week.

Pity party for Mason!! BYOB!!

I know people who work 14 hours per DAY, FPS.

Only read about halfway though this thread so far, but just have to say that it's a laugh a minute!!! :great:

What a GREAT hearing today. Been a long time comin'!! :woohoo:

MM :rocker:

KC in courtroom, they got the outfit dialed in finally, she looks decent.

Baez just muted his mic.
I dont know if this has been posted or not. I just got here to read. But the first thought that came to my mind, she sure is dressed much younger looking. Considering the topic of the hearing I'm not surprised. It takes me back to the OJ trials and how famous people became on Jury Selection. Looks can be so important when a jury is involved. I hope since those days a jury is much smarter and can read between the lines of being influenced. But it only takes one juror to see an innocent side of ICA. Just sayin....IMO

Only read about halfway though this thread so far, but just have to say that it's a laugh a minute!!! :great:

What a GREAT hearing today. Been a long time comin'!! :woohoo:

MM :rocker:

Were you there today? I am looking for some boots on the ground feedback from when CM and JB got called to the corner.

He was telling him, don't bank on that, indeed he told him don't take that for granted. Clearly Mason was assuming he had a lot of leeway due to that very ideal, everyone wants to get it done right and the judge has a vested interest in not have any appeal issues that could prevail. So the message was from the judge, don't rest on your laurels on that friend, sit up straight and get back to work.
I liken it to a kid thinking they can act out in the store; because, they feel their parent may be too embarrassed on the spot to correct them in front of others. Some kids find out otherwise in a hurry, and the abandoned cart remains while they are brisked out to the car by mom.
Don't try me, was his message, I wont be lulled into submission with that blackmail. If I were a cartoonist, the bubble above the Judge's head would say What u talkin 'bout Mr. Mason? Don't you dare even try it!!!

Judge gave a hint about Kronk and prior impeachment. I'm don't know what it meant but it definiately was a hint that the Kronk motion was going to be denied.

CM came back with a comment that if the Judge ruled he could just go ahead and then when trial came the defense was just going to deal with it a different way.

bbm
UUHHH wouldn't that be considered "trial by ambush"

HHJP just laughed when CM read what a blogger said about "come to court prepared, idiot"... I don't think he was laughing WITH CM though....

Hey CM and JB --- here is a tip for you. Quit reading blogs and forums and get your darn work by the deadlines!

(If you want my name and address - contact the owner, but be warned - I will be a hostile witness!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay