2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk to my wife?!!!! CM just said, "talk to my wife" this is unprofessional and ridiculous. He is so like: wha wha...you shouldn't put sanctions on us! This is nuts! JMO. Sorry, I never followed a case before...

Really, hasn't the state taken the depos? Is what CM saying true?

It also really bothers me how CM says "you" to the judge. I always say your honor: "If your honor would recall..." for example. "You" seems rude to me especially when it's repetitive.
He also had the gall to tell the court: "You can look in your file. It's right there." Oh hell no! You never ask the court to do research. If you want the court to be aware of something, you darn well better have a copy for them to view right then and there.

OMG!!! Is he going to argue next week that people were saying he was talking about bloggers, lets bring that up and then next hearing we can talk about how bloggers talked about that..

am I on some kind of sci fi loop here? Where is TheWorldAccording!!!! I need her to say:

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

:twocents:

I :blowkiss: Websleuths

I just wonder if we "bloggers at large" can file a motion to intervene and then he will have to notify us on motions too!
(sorry - reading back -- even though I watched the whole thing!)

JVM is covering the hearing right now. I agree with her. Casey's bed hopping should come into trial. I don't mean all the sordid details but the fact that she had multiple partners during the time Caylee was missing goes toward motive...Caylee was getting in the way of her partying lifestyle. It also shows that she was looking for a good time and not for Caylee.

Well somebody finally got their client looking decent. Now, in case they are reading here....not so form fitting around the chest "boys".

It also really bothers me how CM says "you" to the judge. I always say your honor: "If your honor would recall..." for example. "You" seems rude to me especially when it's repetitive.
He also had the gall to tell the court: "You can look in your file. It's right there." Oh hell no! You never ask the court to do research. If you want the court to be aware of something, you darn well better have a copy for them to view right then and there.

Cheney was, overall, actually MORE unprofessional than Baez today. That's a first! :banghead:

Good thing he's retiring soon! heh :loser:

Did CM really just throw a veiled threat of appeal?? -- "we only want to have to try this case but one time" -- what a such-and-such. Hope HHJP took his blood pressure meds this morning!

This is one judge whose rulings they will not be able to reverse on appeal. He's very, very careful and very, very fair.

If someone has brought this up already, my apologies for missing it in the thread. I am willing to bet money that between now and the 7th day that JB is supposed to submit reports from all his expert witnesses that a whole bunch of them are going to be 'withdrawn' from the defense witness list!

Also, CM was made to look the fool today over the microphone, having the judge tell him he had already fixed the problem and told JB about it. With the size of CM's ego, I am sure being made to look foolish in open court in front of a whole lot of people (including bloggers) did not sit well with him. It also seem that JB doesn't bother to fill CM in on what goes on at a hearing if he isn't there. CM was not at the 5 pm hearing when HHJP laid out precisely what JB had to list about his expert witnesses and I don't think he knew how much the Judge said he wanted. CM said he read the filing and thought it was enough, and he may have because he did not know exactly what the judge asked for. Not much communication between CM and JB today or, it seems, recently.

I doubt ICA will ever get it. I don't think she's very bright and just like her mother she puts the blame on people who don't deserve it. She won't think that Jose isn't doing his job, she'll think it's mean Mr. Ashton picking on her again, or Judge Perry being too strict with her boys.

I concur. I saw Cindy giving LDB disapproving looks today, as if she were to blame for this 'mess'. Anybody's fault except Casey's. That's the plan.

-------------------------
This is ridiculous.CM. should either go on disability or retire.
HE CANT HEAR! LOL.HHJP was shouting at him and he still couldnt hear.
How can he be part of a defese team in trial when words are flying fast and furious.Give it up already!
That's why (I think) he made the point of asking him if he wanted "real time" court transcription of testimony.

Hey, I've just realized something. If the Defense moves their positions over to the table to the one running lengthwise on HHJP's right, that means CA will be able to move right up closer to the front and make constant eye contact with ICA - and Red will be able to get even better telephoto shots of her, especially during what I think will be Ashton's more than usual heartfelt presentations.

.............................................. :great: ...............................................

Cheney was, overall, actually MORE unprofessional than Baez today. That's a first! :banghead:

Yes agreed. He acted like an ignorant, petulant, smart A$$!!!!!

That completely slayed me. Lots Of Luck. :floorlaugh:

He glanced at ICA when he said that - is she still on that Irish kick? LMAO (wonder what she will say the A in that stands for!) :newyear::newyear::lepsmilie::lepsmilie::newyear::newyear:<-------- ICA is jealous of our smile-o-cons too! :lepsmilie::lepsmilie::lepsmilie::lepsmilie:

I concur. I saw Cindy giving LDB disapproving looks today, as if she were to blame for this 'mess'. Anybody's fault except Casey's. That's the plan.

No!!! Those looks were just because LDB is bright, well groomed, well dressed and very pretty!! That's all.

POST OF THE DAY!!!!

When Cheney turned to Jose and informed him he would be in charge of the mute button, it was like Skipper telling Gilligan to pick up some sticks, hurry up little buddy. Classic!
Love it.. I can just see it now.. Thanks for the laugh

IMO....CM has a hearing problem when he needs a hearing problem. He hears what he wants to hear.

I'm still curious about the retired Judge that was there. The one that got up and walked out and HJBP made a point of noting that he walked out and CM seemed flustered that he did. Of course, CM always looks flustered. The least little hiccup knocks him completely off of his game.

Haha, true, but I'm guessing that's just because Baez didn't really say anything today. :woohoo:

Thank you to everyone who posted the updates from the hearing! I was at work but kept checking and refreshing the page to see what was happening.

The sad thing is that I kind of wish Casey had a more effective lawyer and defense. I just know that Cindy (and maybe others) will be saying afterwards that she wouldn't have been convicted if she had a better lawyer. In a way, I'd like Casey to have the best possible lawyer - because it's clear to me at least that even the most brilliant lawyer would NOT be able to get her off. The evidence is just too solid and too clear. And if she had a great lawyer, that would just pound home the point of her guilt.

Tink

I hear ya about the lawyer!

I'm always gonna have the rights of the prisoner on my mind even if I hate them I can't help it- I'm a felon. As much as is dislike Casey Anthony -this man is a disgrace- I don't understand why he is allowed to continue getting away with this behavior.. I don't know why he has not been punished. She is gonna get an appeal because of this guy- watch! I would be p!!ssed if this is what I ended up with as a public defender let alone a actual private defense attorney! And he is really the only person she has contact with, she's got to be believing everything he's telling her- he probaby tells her everything is going great! This is a con man with a suit and a law degree and it's wrong (IMO stuff like that should be a crime) that he is being allowed to get away with it!

Is there anyway we can get a part II to this thread? It is incredibly long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob