Let's see.....Mason didn't know what LOL meant. Wonder if he thought it was

Losing our License?
Losing our lunch?
Leaking our lies?
Lying and laughing?
Late and left out?
Listen and Learn?
Learn our Lesson?

The possibilities are as infinite as the mind of a genius blogger.

Life of Leisure

Oh wait that's what he would of had if he retired instead of freely joining this defense team as a pro bono lawyer...and for Fun.

If someone has brought this up already, my apologies for missing it in the thread. I am willing to bet money that between now and the 7th day that JB is supposed to submit reports from all his expert witnesses that a whole bunch of them are going to be 'withdrawn' from the defense witness list!

Also, CM was made to look the fool today over the microphone, having the judge tell him he had already fixed the problem and told JB about it. With the size of CM's ego, I am sure being made to look foolish in open court in front of a whole lot of people (including bloggers) did not sit well with him. It also seem that JB doesn't bother to fill CM in on what goes on at a hearing if he isn't there. CM was not at the 5 pm hearing when HHJP laid out precisely what JB had to list about his expert witnesses and I don't think he knew how much the Judge said he wanted. CM said he read the filing and thought it was enough, and he may have because he did not know exactly what the judge asked for. Not much communication between CM and JB today or, it seems, recently.

He is the DP qualified attorney though and should make sure all i's are dotted and t's crossed. This is not his first case.. I would have like to have been privy to the conversation between them after today's hearing. I don't think CM is finding it to be quite the fun he anticipated.

Why did Mason stand before the judge and say he had no knowledge of the judge offering for Baez to drop off his digital recorder to the court and the judge would arrange to have those recordings transcribed? I recall Mason sitting at the defense table that very day the judge was offering that. Am I going crazy?

He skips right over something as if that makes it go away. I used to date a guy like that, kicked him to the curb as you may have guessed. The judge explains he offered Jose after hours dates two of them before the Christmas break and Jose did not take him up on it. Cheney just keeps on going with his cookie cutter presentation, this is the way I rehearsed it, and by God these are my talking points I am going to get out.

Is Cheney picking up on the theme here....Jose drops the ball?

What is curious to me is if Cheney Mason has been a defense attorney for 39 years, surely he has had to follow the rules of discovery in Florida for low these many years regarding expert testimony and handing over reports. Why is he acting like this is his first day in a new state and these new rules are shocking to him. It insults the judge's intelligence for him to as Jeff Ashton calls it, correctly, "feign of ignorance". That is the only question I have tonight.

That must have been when his selective deafness kicked in...
glad to see that HHJP kept reining him in and reminding him what his response was supposed to be about.

Attorneys are suppose to be prepared for court. It's their job. And why is it I am 11 hours away from that court room and I can hear JP fine.

Does CM realize that sitting at those tables give the jury a direct frontal view of every movement, every grimace, hair twirling, jaw clinching, etc. that their client will make? The heck with the what she writes and scribbles on her papers. I don't think that was a wise decision. But then what do I know??? You don't have to answer that.... jmo

Ya gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run...

Do you know how many investigators it will take to find out who sang that song!

Mr. Baez: need 30 days

Judge: 30 days is too many Mr. Baez.

IMO 31 days is way too many!!!!
<-------sleutherontheside -- THAT WAS THE BEST BURN EVER! :Crown: even though you made me choke! Just glad it was celebratory ice cream!

I call it a "head twitch" because "frankly" I see no "clear" evidence of a neck.

352niwz.gif

Perhaps Garrett Morris is available

I just wanted to say before we're locked up here, I LOL'd until I had tears in my eyes. You have to be of a certain age to appreciate the comment, but I am and I did. That was awesome. Thanks for the laugh and the visual!

If someone has brought this up already, my apologies for missing it in the thread. I am willing to bet money that between now and the 7th day that JB is supposed to submit reports from all his expert witnesses that a whole bunch of them are going to be 'withdrawn' from the defense witness list!

Also, CM was made to look the fool today over the microphone, having the judge tell him he had already fixed the problem and told JB about it. With the size of CM's ego, I am sure being made to look foolish in open court in front of a whole lot of people (including bloggers) did not sit well with him. It also seem that JB doesn't bother to fill CM in on what goes on at a hearing if he isn't there. CM was not at the 5 pm hearing when HHJP laid out precisely what JB had to list about his expert witnesses and I don't think he knew how much the Judge said he wanted. CM said he read the filing and thought it was enough, and he may have because he did not know exactly what the judge asked for. Not much communication between CM and JB today or, it seems, recently.

----------------------

Oh do I agree! I gathered right away B. has not filled CM. in on anything.I'm going to listen again,didnt CM.say he'd never been found in contempt? I found myself feeling a bit sorry for him. I wouldnt be surprised if someone tries to jump ship.

Attorneys are suppose to be prepared for court. It's their job. And why is it I am 11 hours away from that court room and I can hear JP fine.

Does CM realize that sitting at those tables give the jury a direct frontal view of every movement, every grimace, hair twirling, jaw clinching, etc. that their client will make? The heck with the what she writes and scribbles on her papers. I don't think that was a wise decision. But then what do I know??? You don't have to answer that.... jmo

It's much easier to lip-read than it is to see what ICA is scribbling. LOL

Let's see.....Mason didn't know what LOL meant. Wonder if he thought it was

Losing our License?
Losing our lunch?
Leaking our lies?
Lying and laughing?
Late and left out?
Listen and Learn?
Learn our Lesson?

The possibilities are as infinite as the mind of a genius blogger.

I'm sensing an entire thread needs to be created regarding what CM might think chat acronyms mean.

WTH = _________
IMHO = ________

etc...

Did CM really just throw a veiled threat of appeal?? -- "we only want to have to try this case but one time" -- what a such-and-such. Hope HHJP took his blood pressure meds this morning!

Yeppers. And he threatened to take his telephoto lens complaint to a Federal Court.

It's much easier to lip-read than it is to see what ICA is scribbling. LOL

I think she was writing "I did it." or "If I did it" and asking JB if that would be a good title for her memoirs. As he shook his head no, she scribbled it out, yet hoped the telephoto lens guy would capture it, disseminate and cause a mistrial.

table knife- out
only allowed to ask about Casey's sexual relations with TL upon cross examination
Jib Jab- out
defense found in contempt of court/fined
more deadlines set with more warnings
defense can either learn how to turn mics on and off or move tables
media is still allowed to cover inside the courtroom

I took this as:
Learn how to the turn mics on and off, but they stay.

You can move tables so if you hold a paper up nothing is seen by the telephoto lens. (Oh, but face your peers and the photo shots will now be soooooo interesting, thank you CM!)

*MY GUESS* those mics will move to the new tables too!

Oh, and JB/CM -- IT IS THE TAXPAYERS COURTROOM - you client is a guest by her own actions.

----------------------

Oh do I agree! I gathered right away B. has not filled CM. in on anything.I'm going to listen again,didnt CM.say he'd never been found in contempt? I found myself feeling a bit sorry for him. I wouldnt be surprised if someone tries to jump ship.

Yes, he started by saying everyone should calm down (ha) then said he'd never been held in contempt and wasn't planning on starting now.
Someone on this site can probably come up with the exact comment, but to paraphrase him, he stated a few weeks ago that they would do things at their own speed and to heck with what the Court thought of that... that's contemptuous in my book.

Question...since CM likes to mention over and over when he gets to close the mics his hearing aids squak......when they are scrunched over talking and leaving the mics on, don't you think those babies are squaking like crazy in his ears?

I don't know if it hurts but I bet it's pretty darn loud and annoying so you would think a LOL (Large Ol' Lightbulb) would go off in his head as a signal that somebody might wanna reach up and turn the mic off.

This convinces me they do it on purpose just so they can complain about it later.

Yes, he started by saying everyone should calm down (ha) then said he'd never been held in contempt and wasn't planning on starting now.
Someone on this site can probably come up with the exact comment, but to paraphrase him, he stated a few weeks ago that they would do things at their own speed and to heck with what the Court thought of that... that's contemptuous in my book.

IIRC, that was told to HHJP by LDB, as told to her by CM. HHJP said in response, "They didn't say that." As in, you gotta be kidding me. They wouldn't disrespect me and the court like that. It sounded like a warned at the time, not a denial.
Ehm...he knows now that this was correct information.
I feel as if I won something! Caylee, this was for you, sweetheart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob