2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if accurate JB would have to file such information under seal. That would include personal health related issues. If that's the case, it might be the first ethical JB has done in this case.

Although I'm not entirely sure that it's mandatory that he would file that information under seal.

Not under HIPAA, because JB isn't his medical care provider. Hopefully. :)

You're in CA, right? I know they have some statutes re: medical information that go beyond HIPAA. Not sure what the rules are in Florida.

Not under HIPAA, because JB isn't his medical care provider. Hopefully. :)

You're in CA, right? I know they have some statutes re: medical information that go beyond HIPAA. Not sure what the rules are in Florida.

I am indeed in CA. And we do have such statutes. But you're right I'm not sure what goes in Florida.

Courtesy of AnnInOhio on IS:

Werner Spitz is unable to testify in an Ohio case because he managed -- somehow -- to perforate his bowel with a chicken bone.

http://www.wlwt.com/download/2011/0125/26613859.pdf

In re: Baez's big secret that he felt he had to *seal*: :floorlaugh:

Well it's not a secret now !! :floorlaugh:

You just can't make this stuff up ! I notice the document said he would be available until the latter half of March to testify in that other trial ... so what's the problem with this trial ?
I mean come on this happened before Christmas ...
Just wondering why Jose didn't mention this sooner instead of jerking the state and court around ...

Well it's not a secret now !! :floorlaugh:

You just can't make this stuff up ! I notice the document said he would be available until the latter half of March to testify in that other trial ... so what's the problem with this trial ?
I mean come on this happened before Christmas ...

...which was TWO YEARS after he performed the autopsy. What was the holdup??

Regarding the Dr Barry Logan who appears to be dodging Baez's phone calls - isn't he the director of the lab where Caylee's shorts and the laundry bag were sent for Touch DNA?

If this is his thing, he personally is only minimally involved with DNA. His field of expertise is Toxicology and blood alcohol and drug testing procedures, and lots to do with impaired driving. His CV only mentions DNA once, as a "Laboratory service."

So - how could he have Important Opinions regarding the DNA when he's a drunk driving expert himself?

Dr. Logan

Dr. Logan's CV

...which was TWO YEARS after he performed the autopsy. What was the holdup??

Exactly ... and in those 2 years, no notes, no photos, no report, no opinions given to Jose ???
Jose was supposed to originally have all of his expert witnesses' reports filed by November 30th ... wasn't he? .... :waitasec:

Courtesy of AnnInOhio on IS:

Werner Spitz is unable to testify in an Ohio case because he managed -- somehow -- to perforate his bowel with a chicken bone.

http://www.wlwt.com/download/2011/0125/26613859.pdf

In re: Baez's big secret that he felt he had to *seal*: :floorlaugh:

I am speechless...

Okay, maybe not. I am actually trying to figure this out. My brain hurts. How in the HECK do you...no, no, nevermind, I do NOT want to know...

OMG, this is the MEANING of "You can't make this stuff up!" You just CAN'T! As if the case wasn't bizarre enough...

And now I have a medical question. So does he need a one of those donut things to sit on, or help with #2 or what would prevent him from writing a report or testifying? Couldn't he testify by satellite or something? And wouldn't that have to be a bad perforation if he can't testify until March?

Too bad that chicken bone thwarted Dr. Spitz! :floorlaugh:

I shouldn't be laughing because that has to hurt, but it's too funny!

Well it does say on the linked PDF concerning Mr Logan

His is responsible for-Laboratory services include controlled substances,documents,trace evidence,firearms, arson,explosives, serology,DNA, chemistry, tool marks, latent prints, and drug , alcohol, and poison testing

I thought he was being paid in oranges? Sadly, he didn't get even that! :floorlaugh:

HL didn't get the oranges because he only came up with a lemon (report) for JB. He needed HL to put a cherry on top.

Regarding the Dr Barry Logan who appears to be dodging Baez's phone calls - isn't he the director of the lab where Caylee's shorts and the laundry bag were sent for Touch DNA?

If this is his thing, he personally is only minimally involved with DNA. His field of expertise is Toxicology and blood alcohol and drug testing procedures, and lots to do with impaired driving. His CV only mentions DNA once, as a "Laboratory service."

So - how could he have Important Opinions regarding the DNA when he's a drunk driving expert himself?

Dr. Logan

Dr. Logan's CV

Numbers according to the supplemental information that Mason added to the reconsideration motion. Dr. Logan is going to testify at the Frye hearings and trial about the air testing.

Part h page 8
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26455761/detail.html

So even though Logan tested the shorts and laundry bag he is going to testify about the Oakridge tests. :banghead:

Numbers according to the supplemental information that Mason added to the reconsideration motion. Dr. Logan is going to testify at the Frye hearings and trial about the air testing.

Part h page 8

So even though Logan tested the shorts and laundry bag he is going to testify about the Oakridge tests. :banghead:

Interesting, I didn't notice "expert on decomposition odors" in his responsibilities.

How does one qualify to give an expert opinion on that? Does the judge require he prove that he can expertly testify at this frye hearing?

Interesting, I didn't notice "expert on decomposition odors" in his responsibilities.

How does one qualify to give an expert opinion on that? Does the judge require he prove that he can expertly testify at this frye hearing?

To qualify, anyone could just take Cindy Anthony's "Recognizing and Smelling Decomp 101" course. :floorlaugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

To qualify, anyone could just take Cindy Anthony's "Recognizing and Smelling Decomp 101" course. :floorlaugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ha Ha Ha Ha ~snorts~

Knee slapper.. :)

OOOH I know! He's obviously familiar with the breathalyzer for alcohol (seems to be his forte on his c.v.)
Maybe he'll be doing a decomposition vs alcohol smellometer type deal-y-O?

Part h page 8

So Logan is the one that's supposed to testify against Dr Vaas's testimony ? The air sampling ?
And now he's not returning Jose's calls ? hmmm

Part h page 8

Ahhhhh, Thanks for clearing that up. I was wroooo....... wrrrrrrr...... um, mistaken.

But I still don't understand how an expert in one area can testify in another area.

What are the March 3 and 4th (I think) hearings for? The motions in liminie? TIA

So Logan is the one that's supposed to testify against Dr Vaas's testimony ? The air sampling ?
And now he's not returning Jose's calls ? hmmm

Whats stopping Baez from sending out the P.I to knock on his door as he did the TES workers that wouldn't answer his calls?

GIT on it Baez! Stalk your expert witnesses! You know how :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste