2011.01.24: Hearing Will Address Request For Investigative Hours

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't watched any of the telephonic hearings. Is it just the Judge alone in the courtroom with a couple of bailiffs and bunch of phones?

I'm getting a vision of Jerry Lewis tangled up in telephone wires. :)

Thanks again for all those links TWA!! I honestly don't think they're going to get a cent extra tomorrow above what JAC would allow any other indigent baby killer to receive for investigative hours. I think perhaps if the TES volunteers they tracked down had brought some new revelation to the table then perhaps more hours might be warranted but that wasn't the case.
That's why it's only scheduled to last 20 mins IMO :) I don't even think it's a question of giving this defense more than they deserve now to save some appelate issue down the road. Either the judges rulings are sound or they aren't. In this case I have complete confidence they are.
It's not like GA and CA couldn't have started a defense fund if KC was that innocent. That would be my lifes mission if I had an innocent child heading off to death row. But alas......
I don't think BP will be throwing any more good money after bad tomorrow. His is a helium balloon TWA. It soars. :)

Originally Posted by Psmith
No way! Lenny working hand in glove with Defense and the Anthonys? Wow, I totally missed the item or forgot about LP's working on "something" with DCasey. If you don't mind and have the time, would you mind giving me a link? I'd love to read more about that.

It was Tony P. - Leonard's nephew - who posted quite a bit here on WS

Tony Padilla part 2 - Page 14
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88160&page=14
09-12-2009, comment # 331
Tony Padilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 Have you heard about DC's recent comments in court? Did you or the members of your team ever meet with him?
Is DC Dominic Casey?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
09-12-2009, comment # 335
Tony Padilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 Yes indeed.
I know that both Leonard and Rob have talked to him [Dominic] and I believe at great lengths. LP has something going on with him now but I am not at all sure what it is.
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88160&page=21
Tony Padilla part 2 - Page 21
09-12-2009 comment # 511
Tony Padilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR0004 ...and when people get all caught up here, imagine what they'll make of DC and LP working on something together. This is all making my head spin.
Oh yea. Just a heads up that it will be something just to get himself back into the spotlight. He has been throwing it around to media people but they aren't biting. LP has lost ALL CREDIBILITY with the media except one show. Guess which one?
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88554&page=14
Audio of Tracy M interview Sept 18, 2008
09-04-2009 comment # 326
Tony Padilla
Originally Posted by babiesstolemydingo Why is LP in daily contact with Baez?
I have no idea but I wonder about that as well. It cant be good. I dont understand how you can talk civil to a person that bad mouths you every chance he gets.
-------------------------------------------------------
Tony Padilla Q&A - Page 26 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Tony Padilla Q&A - Page 26
08-24-2009 comment # 646
Tony Padilla
Whats really ironic is that LP and JB have been talking often.
G-d I'm getting old...not to confuse anyone...that's who I meant LP's nephew, Rick...ah I mean Tony...lol. All these initials make me nuts!
Thanks TT for having the brainpower to remember everything!!!

ETA: oh, goodie...it was a convo I was having. : )

Slightly OT...but will we ever get to see DC's depo?
And what is the connection between LP and Baez...GR? Is that the show TP was referring to? It couldn't be NG...she'd never buy into LP's bs. He's much more reserved now when he appears on her show.

...and let's remember that it was CM who said she may very well be guilty...but somebody else could have been involved (paraphrased by me). I remember thinking, what a ridiculous thing for a defense attorney to say! Personally, I think they're looking for anyone...accomplice or not.

Didn't he say that in court too?

He did, he did. but like many other posters, my brain can not contain everything I saw, heard and I am not sure which hearing it was. Perhaps TWA might have the correct video tucked away somewhere.

Fishing expedition hearing. Why dont we just call it what it is? The judge is going to grant more hours, don't get angry. The judge is doing what he must. Remain calm, everything else if going splendidly!!

All of the really good stuff the state wants in the trial is coming in. That is the big picture. At the end of the day, despite all of their investigating the defense hasn't budged off of stuck on stupid. They have found nothing and no one that can be of any help. The guilty verdict is certain, imo.

Meanwhile, the judge will ask a few questions, then grant more hours. Remain calm when he does. May will be here before we know it friends, subpoenaes are out!!! I want to get to the hearing where the judge rules that the K-9 dog handler can testify, and that all of Casey's statements to the detectives at Universal and her home are coming in. Once we get a yes to both of those, it is over, the trial is just a formality. Cheney Mason knows it, and despite Jose's reluctance, Cheney Mason WILL tell Casey Anthony the seriousness of her plight. I still believe she thinks she can prevail on appeal even if she is found guilty, so I do not think she will plead guilty. May is coming, just know that!!! We all know where Mr. Mason's Nelson Serano is. Death Row!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8pjjUpCV0 Have good faith in the judge, these very able prosecutors and the common sense of the hardworking, taxpaying members of the jury!!!

bbm
I will remain calm TWA because I too believe JBP will grant more invetigative hours...not what the Defense is asking for but prolly around 100 hours, again..
Will the State Prosecutors be present at this hearing? I don't remember if they attended ALL of these hearings..

...and let's remember that it was CM who said she may very well be guilty...but somebody else could have been involved (paraphrased by me). I remember thinking, what a ridiculous thing for a defense attorney to say! Personally, I think they're looking for anyone...accomplice or not.

He very well could have...my memory is shot lately. (I was remembering outside of court.) Hopefully TT will come to the rescue.

He did, he did. but like many other posters, my brain can not contain everything I saw, heard and I am not sure which hearing it was. Perhaps TWA might have the correct video tucked away somewhere.

I too remember Mason saying that in Court and like Macushla I don't remember which hearing...

He very well could have...my memory is shot lately. (I was remembering outside of court.) Hopefully TT will come to the rescue.

Good morning I'm not TT or TWA but I do remember this which just floored me.

06/01/2010 Motion hearing
http://www.wftv.com/video/23758968/index.html Part 2
@ 4:35 crucial there can be no mistake about the fact that if the body not there when they arrived in some fashion and manner after Casey Anthony was in custody. She quite obviously didn’t do it. Now that does not necessarily mean as a matter of law that she could not have killed the child or been involved. What it means is that it was somebody else had to be involved to the extent of putting that body there which is a huge door of reasonable doubt that we would want to explore even further.
It was during the Joe Jordan reconsideration motion that the defense filed and was denied by CJPerry. jmo

The Orlando Sentinel says they are asking for another 12K for investigative purposes. Whaaat!
What does the average indigent person get in terms of costs - anyone know?

Good morning I'm not TT or TWA but I do remember this which just floored me.

06/01/2010 Motion hearing
http://www.wftv.com/video/23758968/index.html Part 2
@ 4:35 crucial there can be no mistake about the fact that if the body not there when they arrived in some fashion and manner after Casey Anthony was in custody. She quite obviously didn’t do it. Now that does not necessarily mean as a matter of law that she could not have killed the child or been involved. What it means is that it was somebody else had to be involved to the extent of putting that body there which is a huge door of reasonable doubt that we would want to explore even further.
It was during the Joe Jordan reconsideration motion that the defense filed and was denied by CJPerry. jmo

Thank you. I like you so very much already. Welcome, welcome here!!! Julia
By the way I love that you refer to him by his proper title Cheif Judge Belvin Perry!

This was one of the funniest hearings. The look on the judge's face when Jose argued why he has no expert reports just tells the entire story.

http://www.wftv.com/video/25949344/index.html

The Orlando Sentinel says they are asking for another 12K for investigative purposes. Whaaat!

Well, those newfangled, technologically advanced, fancy fishing poles, lines, and lures are expensive in this day and age. I heard the "death penalty" collection price is just outrageous...

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else in the threads, but did anyone notice that both orders being heard today have been signed by the same person? I'm wondering if Ms. Finnell even knows that she is asking for more investigative hours for the penalty phase or if this is just a way for Baez to ask for more funds for J. Lyons to do more mitigation investigation? mo

Motion for Approval of Investigative Hours for the Penalty Phase (01/20/2011)
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26557921/detail.html

Third Motion for Additional Hours of Investigation (01/20/2011)
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26557886/detail.html

I have also notice that this person also signed the December 13, 2010 and November 29, 2010 for more investigative hours. mo

I want to say 300 hours but I can't find my source so TIFWIW. I believe the defense was already over their hours the first time they asked for more and got a portion of their request. They asked and then got more after that.

I don't think they're getting any more hours for investigators period. Start giving ICA more than she's entitled to and every other convicted indigent murderer who didn't get 3 times the JAC standard has a legitimate appeal IMO. I'm just wondering how fast BP will say no. I'm trying to send him the just say no vibe as we speak.
FWIW BP's listened to me/us all year so far and he's done exactly what we've sent out into the ethers!! :great:Start meditating ZsaZsa!! lol!

The State had until October 31, 2010 to add witnesses to their List.
The State only added (13) new witnesses, past that deadline, with good cause.

- January 14, 2011 - with "good cause" - the State added (1) new witness - U.S. Secret Service Joseph Stephens, because the State had only just received the Report from the FBI on Jan 13, 2011.

- December 16, 2010 - with "good cause" - the State added (11) new witnesses, who were TES searchers, to rebut the deposition testimony of Laura B.

- Sept 30, 2010 - still within the Oct 31st deadline - the State added the President of Blue Star, to testify about issues (about chloroform) that were raised in the depositions of the Medical Examiners and Dr. Vass from Oak Ridge Lab.

- August 30, 2010 - still within the Oct 31st deadline (11) of the new witnesses, who are from Orange County Corrections (jail), were added to give testimony related to the Internal Affairs investigation of former jail guard Sylvia H., who allowed access between Inmate Anthony and Inmate Robyn.

The Defense has had plenty of time, since May 7, 2010, to "investigate" and depose the (40)-plus witnesses the State added to their Witness List. The Defense was given until December 31, 2010 to complete all depositions of the "late filed - after May 24, 2010" witnesses on the State Witness List.

The Defense has been aware of the new State witnesses since the day the State filed their "Supplemental Witness Lists" (after May 7, 2010). The Defense does not need more investigative hours to "investigate" these witnesses, now. It should have been done, and the witnesses who the Defense wanted to depose, should have already been deposed by December 31, 2010.

- May 24, 2010 - Supplemental List - (45) new witnesses
- August 10, 2010 Supplemental List - (6) new witnesses (OCSO and K9 and trunk
liner)
- August 30, 2010 Supplemental List - (13) new witnesses (Int Affairs inv and
MySpace and AT&T and ShurTape)
- August 31, 2010 Supplemental List - (14) new witnesses (Custodians of records)
- December 16, 2010 Supplemental List - (11) new witnesses (rebut Laura B)
- January 14, 2011 Supplemental List - (1) new witness (US Secret Service)

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: Okay, I just read the entire dump here:
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0929/21146565.pdf

What I saw was Tracy forwarding LP emails but what am I missing that shows LP was working with DC or the defense? Seems to me he was trying to contact RK relatives to work his 'daisy chain' theory and was sharing his findings with Tracy and Tracy was forwarding them to Cindy.

So, what Think are you seeing that I am missing? Uggggg this case hurts my head. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Leonard knew that his sidekick Tracy, was forwarding info from Leonard directly to Cindy, and Cindy was sharing it with Dominic and Jose. There are lots of emails where Dominic and Cindy are trying to dig up dirt on Kronk, and also emails between Leonard and other people, especially Kronk's ex's, trying to dig up dirt on Kronk. Then Leonard's nephew is saying that Leonard is working on something with Dominic, and that Leonard talks to JB almost daily.

I want to say 300 hours but I can't find my source so TIFWIW. I believe the defense was already over their hours the first time they asked for more and got a portion of their request. They asked and then got more after that.

I don't think they're getting any more hours for investigators period. Start giving ICA more than she's entitled to and every other convicted indigent murderer who didn't get 3 times the JAC standard has a legitimate appeal IMO. I'm just wondering how fast BP will say no. I'm trying to send him the just say no vibe as we speak.
FWIW BP's listened to me/us all year so far and he's done exactly what we've sent out into the ethers!! :great:Start meditating ZsaZsa!! lol!

I'm channelling HHJP as I write!
They should live within their budget, like everyone else in Florida is having to do. Well,apart from the Anthonys and Baez.
I don't like the idea that every time they ask for more anything they have a potential cause for appeal if it is refused. I thought the function of the JAC is to monitor AND control spending..?

Do we know what the JAC consideres to be average and typical expenses for a Capital Murder trial? What other defendants in Florida get when indigent? Because much to JB and CM's chagrin, THAT is the standard by which they get assigned funds. Not "what is the SA budget for the case"? Equal justice means all defendants are equal before the court. Not all defendants are equal with the prosecutor.

I am really hoping that with this latest $12,000 request that HHJP is going to have another one of his teaching moments. It was made very clear to all. At least clear enough that I think most of us around here understood it, that once the defendant claims indigence, it does force a certain level of public exposure onto the defense. In order to receive public funds they must tell the public up front what those funds are to be used for and justify them with a showing of cause. This does by nature and necessity expose the defense and its chosen strategies to public scrutiny. This is a change of circumstances that the defense and the defendant were fully apprised of at the time they requested public funding and had to sign off on their understanding of and compliance with. You can't keep your strategies completely secret or hidden when you are paying for them with public monies. I'm really hoping HHJP starts asking them for some major details and justification for this next round of expenses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back