2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is drizzling right now.

What is the forecast for the weekend? The NOAA map appears to indicate lots of rain...correct?

Oh yeah.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=pqr&textField1=45.5200&textField2=-122.6800&smap=1

But keep in mind that "partly cloudy" is different than "mostly cloudy" or "partly sunny." And "chance of precipitation is 60%," is WAAAaaay different than, "a 20 percent chance of rain."

:)

Tellin' ya: Being a NOAA meteorologist in the NW ain't easy. Those of us in the PNW probably have more ways to describe cloud over and rainfall than the Inuit have to describe snow. (BTW, I am not a NOAA meterologist, nor do I play one on TV.) (And ... I'm not Inuit. Although I'd gladly play one on TV.)

Oh yeah.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=pqr&textField1=45.5200&textField2=-122.6800&smap=1

But keep in mind that "partly cloudy" is different than "mostly cloudy" or "partly sunny." And "chance of precipitation is 60%," is WAAAaaay different than, "a 20 percent chance of rain."

:)

Tellin' ya: Being a NOAA meteorologist in the NW ain't easy. Those of us in the PNW probably have more ways to describe cloud over and rainfall than the Inuit have to describe snow. (BTW, I am not a NOAA meterologist, nor do I play one on TV.) (And ... I'm not Inuit. Although I'd gladly play one on TV.)

LOL Shadowboy! And don't forget those pesky micro climates where it could be raining on one side of portland but not the other. ;)

LOL Shadowboy! And don't forget those pesky micro climates where it could be raining on one side of portland but not the other. ;)

Yes! Here's another OT response ... I now live in NE Seattle. Five miles away from approx. NE 175 (King County border) ... Convergence zone!!! Totally different weather from my home 60 blocks away.

Grew up in the lower foothills of Mt. St. Helens, north of Vancouver: riverine, mountain, Columbia River Gorge, Willamette Valley ... weather influences a bunch.

Or raining and sunshining in the same place at the same time! I hate when that happens. Make up your mind!!

Is there a search going on this weekend?

NO word yet as far as I know Daisy.

I hope they are searching. And now that we finally know the timeframe that allowed to get to these places courtesy of NG - being unaccounted for from 10:15 to 11:30, an hour and fifteen minutes - it seems all the more reasonable that he might be where there are looking if not on Sauvie Island. Wow. I KNEW there had to be a large amount of time she was unaccounted for to do this!

I went to the gym every other day for 3 years... aside from having to pee a couple of times, I never even entered the locker room. I never left the gym area itself. I went in, I worked out, I walked out, I drove home and I showered there.

If Terri herself went to Fred Meyer, then up to this search area that day for 15 - 30 minutes or so, then down to the gym... she only had 40 minutes to get home by the gym time line we have been given. I don't know if she would have taken the time to shower at the gym, especially if she didn't normally do that, it might stand out.

I would imagine she would have been checking the truck to make sure she didn't leave anything incriminating in there or pick up anything incriminating from the search area. (Glasses or sticks for example.)

Plus, she WOULD probably need to wash the truck as well if she did go to this search area. She likely wouldn't have had time to do that on the way to the gym. She'd have to do that on the way home. Obviously she wouldn't throw in washing the truck to her time line. (Oh, maybe she went to one of the hand held car washes and sprayed herself off too???)

I think you would go to the gym (or wherever) to have it on verifiable record you went, but be as inconspicuous as possible while you were there... if it was after the crime. (Unlike Fred Meyer, if it was before.) :waitasec:

I hope that they DO search again this weekend... both days preferably.

I hope they do have a seach today. But speaking of the gym, I have never understood why they didn't search the gym lockers. People always bring their own locks and there could be anything in them. If you wanted to hide some clothing with dna or blood on them, a weapon, a blanket, anything, just throw it in a locker and put a lock on it. Probably wouldn't be found for years... I mean we are searching all over Sauvie Island and everywhere, and they aren't even searching a gym locker room (a single room) where we KNOW she was that morning????

I can't seem to find out if there are searches today. There is a forecast of showers, which means it will rain off and on. The temps will be in the upper 40s and lower 50s.

I hope they do have a seach today. But speaking of the gym, I have never understood why they didn't search the gym lockers. People always bring their own locks and there could be anything in them. If you wanted to hide some clothing with dna or blood on them, a weapon, a blanket, anything, just throw it in a locker and put a lock on it. Probably wouldn't be found for years... I mean we are searching all over Sauvie Island and everywhere, and they aren't even searching a gym locker room (a single room) where we KNOW she was that morning????

How do we know they didn't search the gym?

I can't seem to find out if there are searches today. There is a forecast of showers, which means it will rain off and on. The temps will be in the upper 40s and lower 50s.

Forecast is right so far. It's about 52 degrees at my house and very very light mist on and off. Should be fairly close to that up on Skyline. Probably a couple of degrees cooler. I am usually up there on Saturday's but not today. Figures, the one day I'd love to go peek.... I would try and drive up if I could but have kiddos home all day. Family first!! :)

Ok, just venting a little bit here - they said the search last weekend got delayed from BEFORE Thanksgiving because of weather - too cold and snow. It's now in the 50s and it's not pouring. I'm not aware of any other searches going on in Multnomah County, so there isn't likely to be a conflict there. There are still targeted areas up there yet to be searched. Why are we not hearing about any searches today?!?!?

LE never said last weekend that they would continue to search this weekend...maybe they have to regroup and rethink things. They seemed so almost certain they would find something last week, when they spoke early on in the day...maybe they are feeling less sure, or want to search those final areas without media attention, if possible, in case they are wrong or unsuccessful. I guess they could put a small number of searchers out without attracting too much attention? Or is that not possible? Don't they only have about 3 areas left of the original dozen or so?

Ok, just venting a little bit here - they said the search last weekend got delayed from BEFORE Thanksgiving because of weather - too cold and snow. It's now in the 50s and it's not pouring. I'm not aware of any other searches going on in Multnomah County, so there isn't likely to be a conflict there. There are still targeted areas up there yet to be searched. Why are we not hearing about any searches today?!?!?

Hi PDXMom, I've not been here for a while so you've probably discussed this, but I heard a reporter say that Desiree told them an investigator had told her last November that they had been given some information that prompted the current searches and that she knew Kyron would be found as a result of that.

I thought gee, that is an odd thing for her to say when LE is so tight lipped and realized it could be LE is trying to get whoever disposed of Kyron nervous so they make a wrong move. Possible, eh? I sure hope what Desiree said is true. xox

I did not drive down that road today and I'm not aware of a specific search done on Logie Trail. It's a heavily wooded, curvy road with only a few houses until you get close to the bottom near Hwy 30.

Hi, Isn't Logie Trail Rd where it converges with Hwy #30 where that man saw a white truck with a red head driving? She had just come off Logie Trail and turned onto the Hwy headed S. That is why I thought she had been up on that road. In her email that KOIN made public she did admit to driving on Hwy #30 while she was out driving around. I can't imagine LE not looking over that area real closely.

Hi, Isn't Logie Trail Rd where it converges with Hwy #30 where that man saw a white truck with a red head driving? She had just come off Logie Trail and turned onto the Hwy headed S. That is why I thought she had been up on that road. In her email that KOIN made public she did admit to driving on Hwy #30 while she was out driving around. I can't imagine LE not looking over that area real closely.

Yes, Logie Trail comes down from Skyline to Hwy 30 but so does Rocky Point. I saw search tape off Rocky Point and the two cars parked there on Thursday noon.

"Chas" wasn't sure which road he saw the truck but thought it was north of Logie Trail. Rocky point is north of Logie Trail.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx?p=10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5