2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a map for all of you, zoomed in on the school and search areas. Road names are added so it will be easier to follow news reports.

kyronsearch110130.jpg

Original map on Google is HERE.

According to a friend of mine who drives @ Skyline & Moreland area daily, there is still activity out there.

Well then I chose the wrong day. I was just up there and it's quiet as a church mouse. I was up there approximately an hour and saw a grand total of 4 cars pass me. The only possibility was one turnout area on Rocky Point Road that had two cars parked there. They were not marked vehicles but could have been Private Investigators or MCSO driving their own cars. I'll post some more thoughts on a separate post as I just got home. I took a few pics and may post them. Nothing earth shattering to report though.

Here is a map for all of you, zoomed in on the school and search areas. Road names are added so it will be easier to follow news reports.

kyronsearch110130.jpg

Anyone know what the "squiggly road" to the left of the (vertical) words Highway 30 is?

I took a drive up there today and here's a couple of random thoughts:

Very quiet up there as usual. I mentioned I drive up there every Saturday and never see more than a car or two. I did see a couple of cyclists

The first search tape I saw was on Skyline, South of Moreland Road

Almost all the logging roads are marked with blue gates and a sign on the front. I took pictures of a few so you can see the sign too. Several of them had search tape next to them.

I didn't realize Dixie Mountain Road (both the upper and lower road) are all gravel, dirt and mud. Darn, I had just gotten my car washed yesterday. If someone was up that far, their car/truck would be covered in mud as it was very wet in June of 2010.

I saw no sign of "official" searching however I did notice two vehicles parked near one of the logging roads with the blue gate on Rocky Point Road.

The temperature was between 39 and 41 degrees close to noon.

I took a few pics of towers. One had a large "ball" on it and I have no idea what it is. PGE?? Didn't see markings but will try and find something online.

Not many pics for you. You can't pull over in many spots so I didn't take pictures of all the search tape but there was a fair amount.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee479/loves2bmom/Skyline Rocky Point/

I took a drive up there today and here's a couple of random thoughts:

Very quiet up there as usual. I mentioned I drive up there every Saturday and never see more than a car or two. I did see a couple of cyclists

The first search tape I saw was on Skyline, South of Moreland Road

Almost all the logging roads are marked with blue gates and a sign on the front. I took pictures of a few so you can see the sign too. Several of them had search tape next to them.

I didn't realize Dixie Mountain Road (both the upper and lower road) are all gravel, dirt and mud. Darn, I had just gotten my car washed yesterday. If someone was up that far, their car/truck would be covered in mud as it was very wet in June of 2010.

I saw no sign of "official" searching however I did notice two vehicles parked near one of the logging roads with the blue gate on Rocky Point Road.

The temperature was between 39 and 41 degrees close to noon.

I took a few pics of towers. One had a large "ball" on it and I have no idea what it is. PGE?? Didn't see markings but will try and find something online.

Not many pics for you. You can't pull over in many spots so I didn't take pictures of all the search tape but there was a fair amount.

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee479/loves2bmom/Skyline Rocky Point/

I saw that round-topped tower on Google street view -- it's kind of creepy.

kyronsearch110130.jpg

Have they checked with cadaver dogs NW logie trail road?What is all on that road?

Thank you for the pictures.Did they check this area?What else is not far from here either way?

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums...Point/?action=view&current=January2011027.jpg

This is on the upper part of Dixie Mountain Road. I didn't see any search tape in this area at all. I'll try and link to the map where it was.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Dixie+Mountain+Road,+Scappoose,+OR&aq=0&sll=45.713826,-122.963624&sspn=0.08654,0.201015&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dixie+Mountain+Rd,+Scappoose,+Washington,+Oregon+97056&ll=45.703291,-122.943969&spn=0.001352,0.003141&t=h&z=19"]Dixie Mountain Road, Scappoose, OR - Google Maps[/ame]

Have they checked with cadaver dogs NW logie trail road?What is all on that road?

I did not drive down that road today and I'm not aware of a specific search done on Logie Trail. It's a heavily wooded, curvy road with only a few houses until you get close to the bottom near Hwy 30.

Are they going to be searching anywhere this weekend?

I thought they said the searches would continue this weekend. Unless that changed? Or was it off and on throughout February?

I don't think they specified when they would resume searching after Sunday.

I'm not going to say it again:

STAY ON TOPIC!

P.S. We just removed some OT posts. So I'm not just whistling Dixie here.

I'm not going to say it again:

STAY ON TOPIC!

P.S. We just removed some OT posts. So I'm not just whistling Dixie here.

I'm glad to see you're at least whistling while you work, Kimster!

Have a great night- looking forward to more search discussion tomorrow...

That must have been quite something in the locker room.

I went to the gym every other day for 3 years... aside from having to pee a couple of times, I never even entered the locker room. I never left the gym area itself. I went in, I worked out, I walked out, I drove home and I showered there.

If Terri herself went to Fred Meyer, then up to this search area that day for 15 - 30 minutes or so, then down to the gym... she only had 40 minutes to get home by the gym time line we have been given. I don't know if she would have taken the time to shower at the gym, especially if she didn't normally do that, it might stand out.

I would imagine she would have been checking the truck to make sure she didn't leave anything incriminating in there or pick up anything incriminating from the search area. (Glasses or sticks for example.)

Plus, she WOULD probably need to wash the truck as well if she did go to this search area. She likely wouldn't have had time to do that on the way to the gym. She'd have to do that on the way home. Obviously she wouldn't throw in washing the truck to her time line. (Oh, maybe she went to one of the hand held car washes and sprayed herself off too???)

I think you would go to the gym (or wherever) to have it on verifiable record you went, but be as inconspicuous as possible while you were there... if it was after the crime. (Unlike Fred Meyer, if it was before.) :waitasec:

I hope that they DO search again this weekend... both days preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime