2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just venting a little bit here - they said the search last weekend got delayed from BEFORE Thanksgiving because of weather - too cold and snow. It's now in the 50s and it's not pouring. I'm not aware of any other searches going on in Multnomah County, so there isn't likely to be a conflict there. There are still targeted areas up there yet to be searched. Why are we not hearing about any searches today?!?!?

Just because we aren't hearing about them doesn't mean they aren't happening. Could be the press doesn't feel like covering it, or they're farther off the road somewhere.

Just because we aren't hearing about them doesn't mean they aren't happening. Could be the press doesn't feel like covering it, or they're farther off the road somewhere.

I agree there could be searching going on and I also agree they could be far off the road and the press didn't catch wind of it. I disagree though they would ever "not feel like covering it" Either they don't know about it, or there are no searches today.

Last time they searched on Sunday, so maybe tomorrow...

How do we know they didn't search the gym?

Well, we knew about all the searches at the school, around the school, on Sauvie Island, on Logie Road, etc., but has anyone ever heard a word about searching the locker room at the gym? I sure haven't. I also don't think the gym would have surveillance cameras in the locker rooms. I think if they had searched the locker room at the gym, we probably would have heard from people who did have lockers at the gym who felt their rights were violated or something.

Well, we knew about all the searches at the school, around the school, on Sauvie Island, on Logie Road, etc., but has anyone ever heard a word about searching the locker room at the gym? I sure haven't. I also don't think the gym would have surveillance cameras in the locker rooms. I think if they had searched the locker room at the gym, we probably would have heard from people who did have lockers at the gym who felt their rights were violated or something.

They couldn't have searched anybody's locker without permission unless they had a warrant with probable cause to think they'd find something -- and that something has to be specified.

Lockers are school property and may not, techinically, have the expectation of privacy. I know back in the "old days", lockers were searched by the school whenever they felt the need.

I'd be very surprised if LE did not search every corner and alcove of that school more than once.

On the other hand, the fitness center probably cleans and checks the locker room each night before closing, right?

Lockers are school property and may not, techinically, have the expectation of privacy. I know back in the "old days", lockers were searched by the school whenever they felt the need.

I'd be very surprised if LE did not search every corner and alcove of that school more than once.

Not the school lockers. The lockers at TH's gym.

The search thing is one of the reasons many gyms around here don't allow you to leave things overnight. Just so you can't use it for stashing something illegal.

Duh, okay, sorry.
But how would Terri have access to other patrons' lockers?

Do we know which Starbuck's location Terri claimed to have been at? TIA

Duh, okay, sorry.
But how would Terri have access to other patrons' lockers?

No need to apologize -- I wasn't very clear.

I don't think she would have had any access to any locker other than her own, but I suppose she could have left something in an empty locker. It doesn't seem very likely, however.

Not the school lockers. The lockers at TH's gym.

The search thing is one of the reasons many gyms around here don't allow you to leave things overnight. Just so you can't use it for stashing something illegal.

We could check to see what policy is for the fitness club in question. (I don't remember which one it was at this point.)

On the other hand, the fitness center probably cleans and checks the locker room each night before closing, right?

That's interesting, because the lockers in the gyms here do NOT have such a policy. (I am not in Oregon; just pointing out that is probably a good policy, but may or may not be what is going on there, which made me think of it!)

hopeful that searching continues, even if in some more limited way than last weekend.

Seems like nothing is happening? Is it possible they finished up the other areas this week, without fanfare? How sad for Desiree, either way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth