2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at this picture. The man who shot the police officer lives across from the place the witness "Chas" saw a boy who looked liked Kyron and a woman with red hair. Could this be the reason police are looking in that area?

http://www.kval.com/news/local/114965034.html
I thought Chas saw a woman that he thought was TH, but IIRC, he never said anything about seeing Kyron with her.

Also, isn't the guy who shot LE from Sauvie Island? Chas, again IIRC, didn't see who he thought was TH on Sauvie Island, he saw her on the highway that runs parallel to the island (you can get to the island from the highway, but you can continue to go north, which is where I thought Chas said he saw her).

IDK. I have little info re: TES. (Ky’s is the only case I have followed or will follow.) Isn't that a horse-mounted search team? Having grown up on horseback about 30-40 miles as the crow flies from Skyline in an area with similar topography and vegetation … this, I do know. Horseback searches would be impossible in the heavily forested areas of the latest search.

A horse can’t negotiate a thicket of blackberry or Oregon grape or salmon berry or vine maple. A rider can’t take a horse through dense conifer cover. Just can’t. Riders and horses would need to stay on established trails or roads. Not sure what that would “buy.”

Equestrian teams were called in for SI searches. Makes sense for open fields.

As to “another experienced group that can work every day.” Not sure how to answer that.

TES searches in pretty much every type of environment and by foot, horseback, AT vehicles, sonar, etc...

Still, would TES or another experienced group that can work every day be harmful?

I hear you. It may be that LE prefers to work with who they're most familiar with, and also have administrative control over. And maybe the DA feels the same way about that.

RL go in my way today...So I am assuming that nothing was found during this search...Much like the Suavie(sp?) Island searches. I have not even listened to HLN tonight, but this morning they were talking about Kyron.

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING KYRON HOME TO THOSE THAT LOVE HIM

I just have to comment on the teenagers searching....

Because I am now age 53, I definitely would be way more upset if I found something than I would be at age 14. I get it now.

And at age 53, I rarely stray out of my warm house (or cool house in summer), well except to go out to eat, shop, or take the dogs for a walk around the block. At age 14 thru 17, I knew every cave, fort, hideaway, dirt road, EVERYTHING.

I say these kids are awesome.

TES searches in pretty much every type of environment and by foot, horseback, AT vehicles, sonar, etc...

HAS Texas Equuisearch been called in for this case?

Been following Haniley Dunn Threads (#52 now open). TES has not been called in IDK Why???

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING KYRON HOME

No, TES is not coming, a poster had asked if they only searched on horseback, and they do much more than that.

I am sure the searchers MCSO are as good or better than TES, it just seems as though LE is no real hurry to find Kyron, now that they have decided/determined he is dead and I can't imagine how that feels to the parents. They said yesterday that they were not in a hurry and then today, they kind of tried to backtrack.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

So time is an element, but not really...

I can't stop thinking of Desiree in particular, she tears at my heart, she looks so thin, I don't know how she goes on.

On the official find Kyron site, in one of his posts, Kaine refers to solving the 'mystery of Suavie Island'. For me, I think TH's cell phone pinged there. With this new search and alleged "solid evidence", I think her cell phone also pinged in that area or soil samples were from there, etc. So my guess it that she murdered Kyron in the area they are searching now and disposed of the murder weapon in the water at Suavie Island. Just my humble opinion.

So there is an interesting new piece of information in this article. Apparently a white truck with a woman in it was seen at one of the logging road gates on Dixie Mt. on the day Kyron disappeared. This could explain their interest in this area.

I like how the article just threw that in there...

It's not easy on anybody, that's for sure, no matter what their age, and I don't mean that it won't be hard on these kids if they do find something more than crumpled paper and spent shotgun shells. And yeah, 14 seems a little too young. Sixteen, maybe. And maybe I'm just stuck in the past. When and where I was growing up, 16 was considered pretty much an adult.

But whatever the age, I hope they have lots of support for everybody involved.

Probably off topic now but you're right. Kids at 16 used to be married with families. But, I remember the little girl (Jessica?) who fell in the well and the rescue worker who later killed himself. Many said he never got over the stress of the event. I know that's just one case, but there are counselors on hand to help searchers in the event they find a body. I don't know. Kids today are different from how they used to be.

Probably off topic now but you're right. Kids at 16 used to be married with families. But, I remember the little girl (Jessica?) who fell in the well and the rescue worker who later killed himself. Many said he never got over the stress of the event. I know that's just one case, but there are counselors on hand to help searchers in the event they find a body. I don't know. Kids today are different from how they used to be.

I see where you are coming from, Gitana, and it is certainly to be hoped that the parents of kids involved in a search like this are involved enough with their kids to monitor for signs of distress. Kids are as varied as snowflakes if not moreso--I know of some families where some of the kids are allowed to watch scary movies because they can do so without being emotionally scarred by it--while other kids are kept busy elsewhere due to not being to handle scary movies. As with every other scary aspect of life, either the parents are involved and watchful or they're not.

I just feel that the kids who get involved enough in S&R are extremely likely to have good backing and supervision from their parents and other adults.

Likely there are people of all ages who are not cut out to do S&R for a body, esp a child's body, esp a child who has likely been a victim of a crime. It seems like it would have more to do with the person's emotional makeup, beliefs, and frame of reference than with age.

One of the reasons I'd be supportive of a child wanting to do this is because the adults running the programs. These are responsible, community-involved people who have a lot to offer kids who are willing to learn. Combine this with the fact that getting to the point of joining an actual search requires the kid to jump through a few hoops--which won't him or her one bit. As mentioned upthread, the kids have to maintain a reasonable standard with their grades. They have to commit time and energy, be willing to do the physical training, and to give up some of their "normal" childhood interests. If a kid jumps through all these hoops, it seems less likely (to me anyway) that he or she is going to be sensitive in the sense of being overly disturbed by making some ugly discoveries.

I like the idea, though, of kids being encouraged to pitch in to help others. To develop a sense of community. To develop their compassion, acquire solid practical skills, and learn through their own efforts that they can make a difference.

And I endlessly admire adults who can stand side by side with a kid while the kid is discovering the cold realities of life. The adult ready and able to help that kid face what must be faced, and to come to terms with those hard realities.

There are a lot of kids, I believe, who can handle these things. Those who can't absolutely need to be screened out before they're in on an actual search. And shown that there are many many ways that they can learn and contribute without having to do activities that disturb or depress them.

I just wish all of us adults had more time to mentor kids, and that all kids had access to the positive adult influences that the S&R kids seem to have.

Take a look at this picture. The man who shot the police officer lives across from the place the witness "Chas" saw a boy who looked liked Kyron and a woman with red hair. Could this be the reason police are looking in that area?

http://www.kval.com/news/local/114965034.html

I've read about this fugitive. IMO There are too many parallels to Kyron's disappearance to be a coincidence.

So there is an interesting new piece of information in this article. Apparently a white truck with a woman in it was seen at one of the logging road gates on Dixie Mt. on the day Kyron disappeared. This could explain their interest in this area.

I like how the article just threw that in there...

Susan Harding is the reporter who used an AP article. If I could find her email, which I can't, I'd ask her if she can clarify it. Article says Fred said on Monday that he saw the white truck on June 4 and that he has called that tip into LE. I'd like to know if he just remembered that, and just called it in on Monday. Or, if he did so closer to June 4. Because at this point it's easy to think you remembered something and to be dead wrong. If he's remembering that now, I call BS.

From a safe distance someone could describe him as a her with red hair.

I thought the same thing about his red hair:waitasec:

OMG.

This is an excellent observation.

DAD could have been viewed as a "female with red hair", by the witness.

This information about DAD, the fugitive who shot the LE, and whose house is located directly adjacent to one of the search areas, is the first time in this case that I have actually thought that it had the sound of the truth on what happened to Kyron.

Of course, I have the following questions:

1. Was DAD at the school that day?
2. DAD was a landscaper. Does DAD know TH?
3. Was is the solid evidence that LE has known about since Thanksgiving?

my mind keeps showing me an image of a dream I had a while back, of a big eye with goopy gloppy clumpy masquera. Makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana