2011.03.09 ~ Clint Dunn on Bring them Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
85,000 missing kids does not mean that all 85,000 of those kids have been trafficked. Some of those children have been murdered by some predator and their bodies just haven't been found, others may have been taken by their non-custodial parent. A child who is trafficked would be a stereotypical abduction which is an abduction by a stranger where the child is transported 50 miles or way, detained overnight, held for ransom, or intended to be kept permanently or killed. There are 115 stereotypical abductions a year.

I am not denying that sex trafficking is a big problem but I believe that most of the girls who get involved in that were probably runaways who met some horrid people who basically forced/manipulated them into prostitution.

My bad. It was 38,505 children under the age 18 that had still not been located at the end of 2010 per NCIC.

Her (Rachael) initial stats on the runaways were 312,700, with only 2577 abductions involving non-custodial parents and 367 abductions by complete strangers. We have to remember that all human trafficking is not done by complete strangers all the time...as with child *advertiser censored*. It can be the parents themselves, relatives or someone in the child's or parent's environment that either could have known.

My bad. It was 38,505 children under the age 18 that had still not been located at the end of 2010 per NCIC.

Her (Rachael) initial stats on the runaways were 312,700, with only 2577 abductions involving non-custodial parents and 367 abductions by complete strangers. We have to remember that all human trafficking is not done by complete strangers all the time...as with child *advertiser censored*. It can be the parents themselves, relatives or someone in the child's or parent's environment that either could have known.

Isn't the sex trafficking theory in Hailey's case that she was kidnapped when she was outside because there are major highways in Colorado City that go to Mexico or something similar to that? I may be mistaken but I believe Marc Klaas brought that up as a possibility. That particular theory would fall under the stereotypical abduction label. Also, even if SA sold Hailey to a sex ring, I believe that would still count as a stereotypical abduction since Hailey would be with men she didn't know (strangers) and she would be transmitted over 50 miles (most likely).

Also, I am looking at missingkids.com and there are 2673 kids listed on there, going back decades. Where are these other 32k kids? Why aren't they listed? It looks like they list runaways and custody cases so it's not like a case wouldn't "qualify" or something like that.

Tonight Clint stated Hailey’s eye color changes which explains why her eye color was described as “green" on one poster and “hazel” on another. The affadavit states contact solution was found at her residence so I assumed Hailey wore green tinted lenses.

The scientific (latin) name for eyes that change color is Dominicas Moingna, coming from the latin term meaning "Eye of the Rainbow," symbolizing that the eye changes others with different surroundings.

One in maybe 86 people have been diagnosed with Dominicas Moingna. The reaction is due the a nerve in the pupil that has a different function than the regular eye. The pupil adjusts to the light and reflects off from it's surrounding.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_y..._change_color_with_surroundings#ixzz1GAT3BWOr
Snipped
]

Thank you for that very interesting information!

My eyes are hazel and they change color. My iris has different colors including light brown, rust, amber, green, dark brown and some slight hints of gray. Generally they look light brown but with the right colored clothing they look more greenish. In direct sunlight they can turn amber.

Eye of the rainbow. I love that! Next time I renew my license I may change my eye color to rainbow :crazy:

Back to Hailey...it seems her hazel eyes have more of a greenish tint. Hazel eyes tend to be thought of as light brown so I can see how "green" can be utterly confusing.

Isn't the sex trafficking theory in Hailey's case that she was kidnapped when she was outside because there are major highways in Colorado City that go to Mexico or something similar to that? I may be mistaken but I believe Marc Klaas brought that up as a possibility. That particular theory would fall under the stereotypical abduction label. Also, even if SA sold Hailey to a sex ring, I believe that would still count as a stereotypical abduction since Hailey would be with men she didn't know (strangers) and she would be transmitted over 50 miles (most likely).

Also, I am looking at missingkids.com and there are 2673 kids listed on there, going back decades. Where are these other 32k kids? Why aren't they listed? It looks like they list runaways and custody cases so it's not like a case wouldn't "qualify" or something like that.

Yes, that was one abduction theory, but since the find of child *advertiser censored* and probable link to SA, I'd be thinking about that theory also. I don't think that would be stereotypical since he was living in the same house and had a relationship with her, BD and DD. He would be considered the one profiting from her..no matter if she was taken 50 miles or 50 yards.

All lists are not the same....and that is prolly a huge part of the problem in organizing and hampering the search for these kids. I know NG has started her 50 days programming and TruTV is going to have a program for missing people and Comcast will have a new On Demand program only for missing children. I would venture to guess there are many unreported because it is within the family (secrets). Many kids are made to go out and lure their friends, school buddies, etc into this sick racket...for fear of their own lives or reach the point where they become the perp too, in some instances

I want to find and post the link to the Comcast & Tru TV links I had read...and if I'm not mistaken FB is taking this issue on too. I believe I came across your reference to 115 per year and that was 2002. The expansion and rapid growth of this industry has skyrocketed with the internet and other technologies being used as it's marketing tool and LE and we, the public, are less apt to raise eyebrows to a child in plain sight maybe being trafficked than pot, meth or cocaine. The drugs are used up quickly, but a child can be a single money making profit for years and continually sold to sicko 1, 2 or 3.

The stranger abduction theory was/is something LE certainly had to think about, especially with the location of I-20/MX, but with the new developments that recently came out, I'm thinking the perp is certainly closer to home.

I've seen various cases on Nancy Grace where the parents of a missing child say that LE is not telling them much of anything. I highly doubt it is because of Billie. It could be because of his past history with the law though.

The problem is a lot of families on Nancy Grace just seen totally dodgy. I personally think its everything to do with Billie why hes not being told anything and in all honesty..if theres a chance he could tell Billie anything i dont blame LE for not telling Clint anything.

It's very telling that two parents, even though separated, are not on the same page when it comes to their missing child. :(

What i find "interesting" is that Billie and Clint have a child missing..and when child *advertiser censored* is found in her home she doesnt even bother to contact her husband to tell her its a lie or that its not hers or her awesome boyfriends.

Thanks to all for the update from the show!

I so disagree with Clint and Naomi not taking LTD. IMO

I not accusing them of anything. I think every one close to Hailey need to take one. IMO In fact I think the whole town need one. :banghead:

IMO the searchers need to be working their way back toward Hailey home.

I not heard once about any weird car in the area or a stranger in town.
It seem there was a lot people looking out their window that day.

Just a gut feel that what ever happen to Hailey happen in town by town person or family and/or friends.

Somer Thompson disappear right off the street with kids all over the place.

Jessica Luford disappear from her bedroom and was found across the street from her home. Cops walk right over.

J/S

And I don't care what it take SA's family properties need to be search. This case is to much like Haleigh to many POIs.

I not to sure SA ex that stalking him shouldn't be look at a little closer.IMO

LE is focus on SA and Clint is focus on Human trafficking. I hope someone is thinking outside the box here.

JMO

"Hazel" eyes are actually a combination of colors in one eye. My husband's eyes are brown with little green flecks in them, like little square pixels if you look at them closely, so in some photos they appear dark and in his childhood photos he appeared to have blue eyes due to the way the photographer tinted them. It really depends on the lighting.

My daughter and I both have green eyes, but they can look blue depending on what we are wearing. My boys' eyes are very blue and never look like any other color.

I haven't listened to the show yet but regarding the human trafficking numbers being so high, they must have been talking about a much larger area than the U.S. I have heard of it being a problem in other countries so perhaps that's a cumulative number from different areas. I don't know, maybe even the world-wide statistic. It's not a subject I know much about. If CD mis-spoke or had the stats wrong, I don't fault him.

I am worried for CD as well. If it is determined Hailey is deceased, he will be forced to deal with an enormous grief no parent should have to endure. Added to that may possibly be some guilt for not getting her out of that house, especially IF SA is guilty of anything. IMO, that's why he stated clearly that when Hailey comes home, she is NOT going back into that house. It must be killing him to know he didn't get her out of there before it was too late.

All JMHO.

and again, thanks to all who posted what was said on the show

I agree with you 100% !! But I got the impression he is scared to death what LE will tell him and that may be holding him back from going to them. It sounded like he does believe Shawn did something to Hailey and at the same time praying he didn't so that there is hope that she will be found alive. So glad he put out there the way he feels about Billie I for one am happy that he is not buying all of her BS!! ~JMO~

I worry that he isn't raising hell with LE because of his past record. Like, he doesn't want to push the point for fear they'll find something else to lock him up for and he won't be able to continue his search.
I wouldn't care. I'd be down there every single day demanding to know what they know. I'd totally show out at the police station, but then again, I'd have already beat Shawn down until I was satisfied he didn't do it before I said anything about thinking he might be innocent.

I worry that he isn't raising hell with LE because of his past record. Like, he doesn't want to push the point for fear they'll find something else to lock him up for and he won't be able to continue his search.
I wouldn't care. I'd be down there every single day demanding to know what they know. I'd totally show out at the police station, but then again, I'd have already beat Shawn down until I was satisfied he didn't do it before I said anything about thinking he might be innocent.

And IMO that should apply to Billie, too.

Why isnt Billie raising hell with LE? Why isnt Billie down there daily demanding to know what they know? Not only isnt she not beating Shawn down making sure he is innocent..she was SLEEPING with him.:banghead:

Why isnt Billie raising hell with LE? Why isnt Billie down there daily demanding to know what they know? Not only isnt she not beating Shawn down making sure he is innocent..she was SLEEPING with him.:banghead:

I don't know why either of them aren't.
I wasn't giving Billie a free pass, we were discussing Clint, so I kept my post about Clint.

And IMO that should apply to Billie, too.

My DH and I were discussing this case the other night. He said to me, "if this was *******, the police would be driving you home because they'd be sick of all the questions and suggestions".

BD, where is Hailey??!!!??

JMO, LE is protecting CD and their case. JMO if they told CD now what they truly suspect and what is being taken to the GJ.......they'd have to lock CD up.

Was Clint hinting about a Black Van?

I understand he was making a point about his worries and fears but I am interested in why other then refusing to face the facts he doesnt just get angry and blame Shawn.

It would be normal to focus anger on one person. Even easier than to face thoughts such as the ones he is facing now. What is creating the doubt that Shawn might not have done this? Why does he feel they are looking and focusing to much on Shawn?

I understand he was making a point about his worries and fears but I am interested in why other then refusing to face the facts he doesnt just get angry and blame Shawn.

It would be normal to focus anger on one person. Even easier than to face thoughts such as the ones he is facing now. What is creating the doubt that Shawn might not have done this? Why does he feel they are looking and focusing to much on Shawn?

JMO~ I think that he doesn't want it to be SA because then she is probably deceased.

JMO~ I think that he doesn't want it to be SA because then she is probably deceased.

I think you are right, but...he needs to step up to the facts. Hailey needs him to be strong for her. IMO...>>>>>>>>>>dodging maters'.

Did he say 'black van?' I thought I heard him say 'black man.' And I winced a little. I am relieved if he actually said Black van.

I think he cannot lose all control and if he focused on Shawn right now he might just snap and kill him. imo

No IMO Clint was not hinting about a black van..

I will attempt to explain what I believe was his reasons for even mentioning such as the black van{and if ya notice all my posts tend to be God awful long..So am really gonna attempt to make them shorter/sweeter and to the point..lol}

Immediately preceding the "black van" remark made by Clint they were discussing Shawn..the child *advertiser censored*..and the possibility of what Shawn may have done to Hailey.. In speaking of this Clint quite naturally became very "heated"..full of emotion..anger..desperation..etc..etc when thinking and speaking of Shawn and what could have possibly happened.. IMO Because Clint tho he consciously doesn't want to admit and face the truth of Hailey being forever gone and it being at Shawn's hands that she dies..I do think deep down Clint knows this.. He' most likely has played scenarios out in his mind..just as he said he did..

While in the heat of these emotions talking of Shawn killing Hailey he made the statement about "Shawn having his hands/or arms around Hailey's neck"..{this IMO was a man describing a direct picture that was forever in his head.playing day after day..hour after hour..of what Shawn possibly did to Hailey}..he quickly tried to recover IMO after this statement as he is desperately trying to not let those thoughts consume his mind..his heart..his entire being..

The host Rachael immediately following Clint's statement of Shawn choking Hailey asks him "why did you just say Shawn's arms/hands around Hailey's neck?".. And as I said immediately Clint was attempting to recover from his "true" and real emotions flooding thru and taking over so he began to tell Rachael that as a father of a missing daughter you have these thoughts and scenarios of nightmarish proportions continually flashing through your head 24/7..with Clint attempting to give another example of some of the scenarios which might would be playing thru his head..This is when he gives the example of Hailey being abducted off the street by a stranger in a black van that just swoops her up and she's gone in an instant..

So as I said IMO he was not hinting or alluding to in any way that a black van was involved.. Rather his very raw and real feelings/emotions that are boiling literally right there under the surface and when speaking of Shawn choking Hailey we saw a very brief glimpse of those very real and raw emotions those feelings of terror and his greatest fears of what he may think happened to Hailey..and because of this the host was then questioning why would he say such about Shawn{when IMO it was obvious this was this man's true fears of what happened}..but the host was questioning it and Clint instead of just "running with" Shawn killed Hailey and he knows deep down that he did..he was telling the host that as a parent you have these nightmare scenarios with which he gave the black van scenario..

IMO that is exactly what happened and exactly why he responded with the black van scenario..jmo tho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty7766
Back