2011.03.23 Frye Hearing - Afternoon portion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICA taking notes out of the hardbound book and also underlining things and pointing them out to JB.

I am still confused as to what is being objected to as hearsay? Is it the dogs training record?

judge has quickly gone through these. they are hearsay. training logs.

I can't tell if Baez objected to something because he is standing at the defense table and LDB is at the podium. Oops HHJP is back after much paper shuffling.

HHJP took out the news articles that were included with training certifications, as they fall under hearsay.

The Jim L. guy... I think he and Cindy are really on the outs. I have not seen them anywhere near one another since these hearings started in early March. They don't even seem to be on speaking terms.

Wonder why?

LDB is saying what she can do to testify to bones training.

I guess what the witness has as her "proof" has been not accepted. And LDB says okay, I'll get you what you need.

It's nice to be hearing from posters who look like they don't post very often, and maybe even picked up some new members from our lurking guests area:)

:wagon::welcome:
:welcome2::Welcome1:
:welcome3::welcome4:
:welcome5:

Aren't all the dog's records going to be hearsay since the dog can't talk?!!?!?!

HHJP: I sifted those (news articles) out, will give SA chance to respond as to why to include.

Now HHJP/JB talking about which training logs prepared by the witness will be allowed?

Okay we seem to be still discussing training and certification but I'm lost here - I don't know what Baez is objecting to.

I'm confused? Is he objecting to the records of "Bones."

Jose: because they were prepared by the witness. they are hearsay.

Judge says that the ones from Forgey can be "provisionally" entered.

Jose says they were prepared in anticipation of litigation.

Jose: they are hearsay. simply being offered to bolster this witness's testimony

Judge: they are subject to cross.

Jose: (paraphrased) so what?

Demonstrative aids=Baez's answer for HHJP's question regarding the difference between the charts he provided earlier and the information LDB was trying to provide. (I think I got that right, PLEASE correct me if I got it wrong!)

I just found "demonstrative aids" to be hilarious:)
:floorlaugh:

JP accepts the certification records for Bones. Has put aside the news articles.

HHJP receives the training certification docs into evidence. Second portion which are "basically articles" LDB are you still offering them and if so on what basis?

LDB: I won't offer them now, but if witness has personal knowledge of the events referred to she can testify to those recollections.

HHJP: News pieces not going to be received into evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama