2011.03.23 Frye Hearing - Afternoon portion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you not just be bricking yourself if Baez was your attorney with his expert witnesses, direct questioning and poorly placed objections? Never mind the buttons on the neckline of her blouse, I’d be rolling up my sleeve for the needle!

I agree! I admit I love JA, because he is so passionate with his work, but after seeing LDB perform...she is my new hero. The woman is on top of her game, boy! After this trial, a bet she gets tons of offers to go on national TV in some capacity.

I just love them both! Absolute professionals!

I am so confused - did Baez offer the training records or LDB? Who is mad for what reason here? LOL

first part will be received as evidence for the purposes of the hearing. the second part which are articles.

LDB: I will not offer articles. but if witness has personal knowledge of what is in articles she can testify.

the judge says record will reflect what was pulled out. record that these were not received in evidence.

I wonder what those articles were? LDB says witness will just talk about them then.

The Jim L. guy... I think he and Cindy are really on the outs. I have not seen them anywhere near one another since these hearings started in early March. They don't even seem to be on speaking terms.

Wonder why?

Guess he broke the news to her that she can't star as herself in the TV Movie. :loser:

I'm late to the circus today. What exactly is Jose problem with regard to the cadaver dogs? Isn't this an accepted science. Why is this being discussed at a Frye hearing? TIA

I tend to think only the articles, or newspaper covering Bone's successes is being ruled as hearsay......But a non-expert tried to give his opinion on accuracy of cadaver dogs based on articles he had read on the internet and journals..Interesting differentiation there:waitasec:

Oh well...Suffice to say his (Bones) training records speaks volumes to his expertise!!

My mailbox is lit up like a Christmas tree with all the alerts on this hearing.
Please:
stay on topic avoid OT chit chat..people want to know what is going on and it is buried in all the chatter.
don't name call or use derogatory name variations for players you will be on auto time out
mods in here will be going through alerts later so edit if you have done any of the above.
thanks

Bumping for JBean.

LDB: speaking to sgt brewer. showing articles. asking to explain what she is attempting to document.

k-9: bones, date, location, type of activity: training. No other dog present. The search target: type: human bone.

Sandy grass lot. the make up of the surface. the target location is where it was located. age of target: was target found: yes.

gen information: wind speed, cloud coverage.

LDB: why is that important?

(my notes:)with LDB bringing up that smells can travel...they may have a place they know the smell came from, kwim? She asked the internet reader guy from the defense if he knew smells can travel through roots...

???

Thanks everyone for keeping me up to date until I could log on to see what happen! I wish I could see LDB.... have never seen her in action, only read what all of you write.

also trained on human teeth, placenta, bone, tissue/skin...

LDB: what type of skin?

Wit: Any type of skin, either graft or tissue given us by ME.

LDB: microscopic sloughed skin?

Wit: No. No organs.

Bones has been trained to not alert on animals remains. Doesn't alert to dirty diapers, either.

bones only alerts to human remains. is trained to only alert on human remains.

Bones not trained on fecal material.

So much for the dirty diapers.

LDB: Would Bones hit on animal/non-human bones?

Wit: He has been trained OFF of non-human bones (was trained with both human and animal remains in proximity and he is only to hit on human bones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22